01-16-11 02:21 PM
64 123
tools
    Posts like this is why there are flame threads like this. Why cant people just take what they like about a certain device and stop trying to compare it to others. One device is not any better then another, its about whats right for you not whether your device has better specs then another.

If everyone cared about specs BB wouldn't be as popular as it is, regardless of all the android and apple users spelling RIM's demise. I use a BB because i like the BB experience, I loathe apple and itunes, and haven't used an android device enough to form an opinion nor do I care too. I like BB and could care less what the competition is doing. Why people cant understand this is beyond me.

I troll the android forums from time to time when I'm bored and there is just as many problem/QC threads on there as there is on here. So the "MY device is better then your device" argument is null, unless you want to compare specs(which just makes you very nerdy). If you buy a device just because what the box says is in it, then you my friend are a fool(not meant at you in particular, just anyone that does this in general).

If this makes me a blind sheep or BB fanboy, then so be it. I will not go to another forum to bash that device as everyone seems to feel the need to do on the BB forums.
    Posts like this are inevitable, so is bashing. It will never stop or end. You have to take the bad with the good...
    01-06-11 09:16 AM
    Well there ARE things android is missing, at least the Captivate was missing for me. LED, push email, email support that is NOT just gmail (yeah it's a google phone, but if it implies the ability to support nultiple emails, they should function equally), battery life that doesn't die just from updating contacts or listening to music for an hour, and better multi-app usage (yes, app killers are in abundance, but they kind of are a crock when they don't truly kill apps and processes). I gave android a shot, some of it is fun and pretty...but it didn't live up to MY needs (mine and mine alone!), and BB was the better choice for me at this point in time. Good luck!

And I do agree with the idea that people LEAVING blackberry should post elsewhere. Crackberry has an android forum, go post there, where it will be much more well received and still fill your need to preach about your newfound love. Nobody in a Torch forum is going to appreciate you taking digs at it for what you think it is lacking, but others in the same boat in the Android forum will jump right on with you. Or do you just like the instigate petty arguments? And if anybody is thinking about jumping ship, as I was when I thought about trying android, they certainly aren't going to check the torch forum, are they? I know I went to the android forum to get info on differences and comparisons. It kind of just clogs the airwaves when you leave an "I left BB for Android..." Post in a BB forum. I don't get it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phenyx923; 01-06-11 at 10:06 AM.
    01-06-11 09:57 AM
    blackberries taste better at least.

Posted from my crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    lhaf!!!!!!!
    01-06-11 10:24 AM
    Well there ARE things android is missing, at least the Captivate was missing for me. LED, push email, email support that is NOT just gmail (yeah it's a google phone, but if it implies the ability to support nultiple emails, they should function equally), battery life that doesn't die just from updating contacts or listening to music for an hour, and better multi-app usage (yes, app killers are in abundance, but they kind of are a crock when they don't truly kill apps and processes). I gave android a shot, some of it is fun and pretty...but it didn't live up to MY needs (mine and mine alone!), and BB was the better choice for me at this point in time. Good luck!

And I do agree with the idea that people LEAVING blackberry should post elsewhere. Crackberry has an android forum, go post there, where it will be much more well received and still fill your need to preach about your newfound love. Nobody in a Torch forum is going to appreciate you taking digs at it for what you think it is lacking, but others in the same boat in the Android forum will jump right on with you. Or do you just like the instigate petty arguments? And if anybody is thinking about jumping ship, as I was when I thought about trying android, they certainly aren't going to check the torch forum, are they? I know I went to the android forum to get info on differences and comparisons. It kind of just clogs the airwaves when you leave an "I left BB for Android..." Post in a BB forum. I don't get it!
    If you don't get it that's your problem, not mine or anyone else on this forum. You also need to remember this is an open forum, and open to what ever discussions that may arise. Complaing about it will do nothing, you didn't see us Android users complaing about all the Torch hardware/screen wiggle threads popping up constantly clogging up the forums. Like I said, take the bad with the good, it's not like you even have a choice...
    MOTH477 likes this.
    01-06-11 10:26 AM

To begin with, email is ok on the Mytouch not anywhere close to BB. Nevertheless, I get exchange, gmail and hotmail. Maybe the Captivate had issues because OS is 2.1. As for posting on Torch forum, in hindsight I could have posted elsewhere but the issue also relates to Torch so I guess it is what it is. I had no intentions of bashing Torch. In fact, I like the Torch and BB for that matter. As I sated before, Torch is great device for what it does. I just wanted some more than Torch could provide.
    01-06-11 10:46 AM
    Eh I tought u said farewell, so good bye n enjoy ur new device. Please don't waste ur time here.. Uve divorced ur torch and that's it. Go n spend ur honeymoon with ur newly wed.. Don't disturb us that happily married with our torch.

Get it?

Bye and farewell. Mey u find peace with ur new device n good luck!

01-06-11 11:04 AM
    I have to disagree with moth477 on 100 percent of everything he has said. the problems he mentions must be his alone, ive not experienced any of that, however, the rest of my family are tmo users and they hate it, anyone who applauds tmo's capability over att is touched in the damn head. dropping service from one room to another, thats just ********, well get the **** outta BB forums then, and as said before cya buh bye
    my favorite reply from this thread! haha classic "you must be a ****** if you don't like your torch, because none of what you said ever happened to me, so it can't be true". I would hate to not rely on the the experience of you and your family as conclusive evidence.
    01-06-11 01:08 PM
    And yet, you don't see all those wiggle threads in the android sub-forum, now do you? Point is, everything that's being said after the OP is to be expected because it serves no true purpose in this particular sub-forum except to maybe boast about their perceived "better choice." And we all agree, your choice is your choice and to each their own. And with that, to each their own forum. Some of us simply question why you wouldn't want to go to a happy place instead of having to see multiple follow-ups saying "goodbye and good riddens!" Hey, I guess I just want to know what the OP envisioned when he wrote that post. Glutton for punishment? Or to prove the point that maybe you should just post in the more appropriate forum next time...just because it has the word "torch" in it doesn't mean it has to go in the torch forum.

That's THE END for me. Go ahead and say I'm complaining, IT IS WHAT IT IS.

If you don't get it that's your problem, not mine or anyone else on this forum. You also need to remember this is an open forum, and open to what ever discussions that may arise. Complaing about it will do nothing, you didn't see us Android users complaing about all the Torch hardware/screen wiggle threads popping up constantly clogging up the forums. Like I said, take the bad with the good, it's not like you even have a choice...
    01-06-11 09:35 PM
    Blackberries taste better at least.

That they do and ALL phones have issues at one point or another, blackberries just have their quarks!

This video compliments your post and this thread:

01-07-11 11:36 AM
    @Homer1475 - I don't mean to sound dumb here, but could you please explain what BDHP V5.0 Hybrid means?

Thank you - in advance.

Peace...
    01-16-11 12:21 AM
    And yet, you don't see all those wiggle threads in the android sub-forum, now do you? Point is, everything that's being said after the OP is to be expected because it serves no true purpose in this particular sub-forum except to maybe boast about their perceived "better choice." And we all agree, your choice is your choice and to each their own. And with that, to each their own forum. Some of us simply question why you wouldn't want to go to a happy place instead of having to see multiple follow-ups saying "goodbye and good riddens!" Hey, I guess I just want to know what the OP envisioned when he wrote that post. Glutton for punishment? Or to prove the point that maybe you should just post in the more appropriate forum next time...just because it has the word "torch" in it doesn't mean it has to go in the torch forum.

That's THE END for me. Go ahead and say I'm complaining, IT IS WHAT IT IS.
    You said it. It is what it is. Like I said, deal with it...
    01-16-11 12:33 AM
    Posts like this are inevitable, so is bashing. It will never stop or end. You have to take the bad with the good...
    But what's the point of bashing? I've got no urge to drop in on Android Central to bash their devices.
    01-16-11 01:02 AM
    i tried android, nexus one, all the customization and add ons, improved media. however, bb just performs all the "core" messaging/calling/emailing so MUCH BETTER that I had to get back to BB.
    01-16-11 01:49 AM
    Honestly its a horse a piece. I have a rooted Captivate for personal use and I just upgraded my business line to the Torch.

I love both phones, but I find myself grabbing the Torch more and more full time.

My Captivate is running Cognition 3.01 which greatly improved the operation and stabillity, not to mention battery life.

I prefer the security, and reliability of the BB phones, and after several iPhones, and now the Captivate, I've learned I prefer the hw keyboard. Battery life on the Torch is bloody incredible as well. I stream podcasts all day and talk a lot, and rarely use over 50 percent.

01-16-11 02:21 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD