Nice the only way to teach these giant companies to make better product is to stop buying them.
    01-04-11 07:18 PM
    Hmmm weird, I switched from blackberry to android in August which I think is more than 90 days (you can count if you want to) and I'm not switching back to blackberry anytime soon.
    I get all my emails INSTANTLY thru gmail,faster than I ever did with BB and I have no need for an extra battery. My Galaxy S does everything my BB did and more.

OP... Enjoy your new Android device, you will see how awesome it is compared to other platforms but posting this in a bb forum, you have to expect these kind of replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    While I think we should leave the poor OP alone because he is entitled to switch to whatever device he likes I, also an owner of the Samsung Captivate KNOW that a single battery is NOT enough to go through a busy day (unless you have a charger at your office) and the email is definitely slower than my Torch. My choice of which phone to use as my primary business phone is hands down my Torch, The Captivate is a nice toy and has a great screen but not nearly as functional as a business phone for me.
    01-05-11 12:25 AM
    I know no one personally who made the switch from BlackBerry to Android, then went back to BlackBerry. Only those few here who have posted about coming back to BlackBerry. Let's get this straight, the only thing BlackBerry has on Android is push email and security. For the average user, especially those on a personal plan, they really don't care about security. That is to fend off hackers, if I get ahold of your BlackBerry and it's not password protected, well there ya go. As a hacker I can still gain access to your Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or whatever it is your using. With that aside, the BlackBerry can't even compete with the experience and features that Android has. Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon. While I will always have love for the iBlackBerry, I cannot deny the fact that Android blows it out of the water, hands down.
    Hmm. Got part of that right... Android blows.

01-05-11 02:31 AM
    Hmmm I wonder why people come and post that they left their BlackBerry in a BlackBerry forum....and then some say "well we can be here too. There is a android/iphone section"....which is true! So why not post these proAndroid/iphone posts in those forums...I'm certain that people who choose to remain with their BB will not miss the "bye bye bb" posts...

I am not trying to bash the op or any other person who starts one of the overdone threads...I'm simply saying everything has it on place...whatever you like is what you like but this would keep down all these BS BB vs Android vs iphone threads

Just my $0.02
    I actually have no problem with this, as long as the conversation stays focused on legitimate reasons why they prefer one device over the other -- I find that pretty informative. The OP plainly stated why he switched from a BB without bashing it; as far as I'm concerned, folks like that can stick around as much as they want.

Unfortunately these threads usually deteriorate to a my-phone's-the-greatest-and-yours-sucks argument, which I find annoying as all he l l . It's these people that come into a BB device-specific forum and do nothing but bash everything RIM, believe that whatever they don't like universally sucks and contribute absolutely nothing positive to a discussion that I wish would just go away.

OP, good luck with your new phone. But if it turns out not to be all that you expected, you always know what you've got with a BB!
    Chucky1 and MOTH477 like this.
    01-05-11 07:12 AM
    The PRoblem is that people bash the torch cuz the read its not good on bgr.com or some other website...but the funny thing is that all these electronic gurus all have a blackberry ..bgr won't get caught anywhere without his torch ...cellguru loves his iphone but he can't live without the 9780.... Pick up a torch and give it Ur own review and see if u like it ...my torch does almost everything the android does except widgets ...I think I ll survive...

01-05-11 07:27 AM
    I actually have no problem with this, as long as the conversation stays focused on legitimate reasons why they prefer one device over the other -- I find that pretty informative. The OP plainly stated why he switched from a BB without bashing it; as far as I'm concerned, folks like that can stick around as much as they want.

Unfortunately these threads usually deteriorate to a my-phone's-the-greatest-and-yours-sucks argument, which I find annoying as all he l l . It's these people that come into a BB device-specific forum and do nothing but bash everything RIM, believe that whatever they don't like universally sucks and contribute absolutely nothing positive to a discussion that I wish would just go away.

OP, good luck with your new phone. But if it turns out not to be all that you expected, you always know what you've got with a BB!
    Exactly. Very well said.
    01-05-11 07:45 AM
    While I think we should leave the poor OP alone because he is entitled to switch to whatever device he likes I, also an owner of the Samsung Captivate KNOW that a single battery is NOT enough to go through a busy day (unless you have a charger at your office) and the email is definitely slower than my Torch. My choice of which phone to use as my primary business phone is hands down my Torch, The Captivate is a nice toy and has a great screen but not nearly as functional as a business phone for me.
    My Galaxy S is my business phone and it makes it thru the day on a single charge.Yes my 9700 was king in that department but I don't care whether I have 40% or 10% left at the end of the day. It makes it thru my working day and that's what matters. If ever I would have to charge it at some point during the day,it wouldn't be a huge deal for me. As for emails...I'll say it again...INSTANT! I tried out the Torch twice (4 day total) .... No Thanks!

Where I totally agree with you is to leave the op alone. Seems like everytime someone tries or is interested in another platform, its as if he becomes an enemy or something. Its just a freakin phone.

** 18to12fitty...very well said.

Last edited by GG1; 01-05-11 at 07:55 AM.
    01-05-11 07:49 AM
    Hmm. Got part of that right... Android blows.
    That's the best you got? Do yourself and all of us a favor, step away from the keyboard, get out from your mom's basement and go play outside...
    01-05-11 08:13 AM
    GC1 I like your avatar ;p
    01-05-11 08:20 AM

Nicely put. I like crackberry forums so I will be around. I am still using the 9700 for work. I am wondering what to do with the Torch....maybe give it away on Crackberry.....
    01-05-11 11:12 AM
    I have to disagree with moth477 on 100 percent of everything he has said. the problems he mentions must be his alone, ive not experienced any of that, however, the rest of my family are tmo users and they hate it, anyone who applauds tmo's capability over att is touched in the damn head. dropping service from one room to another, thats just ********, well get the **** outta BB forums then, and as said before cya buh bye
    01-05-11 01:00 PM
    Blackberries taste better at least.

Wow, this is one **** of a reply! Just made my day

Back to topic, whatever you are using, hope you are happy with it! Good luck!
    01-05-11 01:05 PM
    well get the **** outta BB forums then, and as said before cya buh bye
    Here...this should fit you well:

01-05-11 02:24 PM
    Here...this should fit you well:

Love it GG1! One thing I have noticed in this and other threads, most of the ones doing the bashing have a low post count. Almost like they haven't hit puberty for posting yet. They still have that mine is better than yours attitude. We all just need to be positive, supportive and get along. That's what a forum is for, supporting one another.
    01-05-11 07:30 PM
    That's the best you got? Do yourself and all of us a favor, step away from the keyboard, get out from your mom's basement and go play outside...
    Talking to yourself? I guess so since you posted on a BB Forum about a dumb device. Get a clue. No one cares.

01-05-11 07:41 PM
    Love it GG1! One thing I have noticed in this and other threads, most of the ones doing the bashing have a low post count. Almost like they haven't hit puberty for posting yet. They still have that mine is better than yours attitude. We all just need to be positive, supportive and get along. That's what a forum is for, supporting one another.
    Blackberry is great no doubt but so are other platforms. People have/want different needs out of a phone and I guess whatever works best for you IS the best phone...for you whether its BB, Android,Iphone etc.. Sometimes I wonder why people get all defensive about their phones. I was with BB for years, now I'm with Android and tomorrow I may be back to BB or Apple (doubt it) or whatever. I don't care as I buy what I like regardless who makes the phone/platform. I agree with you that we should support one another and share our views instead of bashing one another. Like I said before, it is just a phone.

homer1475 likes this.
    01-05-11 08:11 PM
    That's odd cause I stream yesterberry daily for about 7 hours every day(except my days off), make several phone calls(some 20 + minutes), text like a monkey on crack(probably 100 a day, never really counted them but i know its at least 100), bbm several times a day and browse the web for hours on end, and my torch easily lasts 15 to 16 hours with 20% left at the end of the day. My friend who has the droid X can only last 6 hours(at best) at idle. BB has always been king of battery usage.
    Hmm.... I think someone is telling porkies.
    01-06-11 12:12 AM
    Then help me out Homer, if you would. I turn my wifi off unless I'm home. No blue tooth enabled either. Maybe a battery issue? I've always worried about over charging batteries so for 1 hour before i go to bed, I charge the Torch fully then set it in lock mode with no alerts active except for the alarm until 4 am when i get up. Drive 30 minutes to the gym listening to podcasts. 7 am to 7:15 am call the misses. Then just randomly throughout the day i use e-mail and some texting and bbm, but not a lot mind you, work first. like I stated above, start charging again at 1 pm and that gets me to about 9 pm. The batteries not dead by 9 but I'm not sure if it would last until the alarm goes off. its pretty close. What are your thoughts? Replace the battery is my guess now since I hear that you and others last much longer. Never bashed BB, just thought this is how things are with the touch screen. Thanks.
    Think the problem is that you don't charge your berry long enough at night, I charge it thru the night and only unplug when wake up. It last me the whole day with heavy usage, end of day before bed, still have at least 20% of juice. I find that for messaging, browsing, listening to music the battery can last long. But if you use it for camera, location base service (camera and location base turn on), easily 30min 30-50% gone.
    01-06-11 12:32 AM
    Well I wish you well with your My Touch 4g, I hope it is everything you are looking for in a device. I have the Google Nexus One, unlocked from Google, Google encourages rooting. no carrier soecific bloatware. It is a phone that will work with nearly all carriers. A great phone for sure. I had to go and find out what this Android hype was all about. It takes time. But you know what when I want to communicate I come back to the Blackberry, there is no better. I don't knock any os or phone, I just prefer the Blackberry. I expect big things from them. Don't count them out yet. You blink an eye and you will miss the deludge, lol. Blackberry is making a comeback. No one knows whatb id up their sleeves.
    01-06-11 01:36 AM
    Hmm.... I think someone is telling porkies.
    I've never lied or told "porkies" as you put it, about my usage(search my posts you'll see I posted roughly the same usage in every post). This is my real world experience with the device.

If you mean what my coworkers droid X, I base my opinion on the fact that 6 hours into the work day she has it on a charger, and has stated she doesn't get more then 6 hours.
    01-06-11 07:06 AM
    Then help me out Homer, if you would. I turn my wifi off unless I'm home. No blue tooth enabled either. Maybe a battery issue? I've always worried about over charging batteries so for 1 hour before i go to bed, I charge the Torch fully then set it in lock mode with no alerts active except for the alarm until 4 am when i get up. Drive 30 minutes to the gym listening to podcasts. 7 am to 7:15 am call the misses. Then just randomly throughout the day i use e-mail and some texting and bbm, but not a lot mind you, work first. like I stated above, start charging again at 1 pm and that gets me to about 9 pm. The batteries not dead by 9 but I'm not sure if it would last until the alarm goes off. its pretty close. What are your thoughts? Replace the battery is my guess now since I hear that you and others last much longer. Never bashed BB, just thought this is how things are with the touch screen. Thanks.
    Think the problem is that you don't charge your berry long enough at night, I charge it thru the night and only unplug when wake up. It last me the whole day with heavy usage, end of day before bed, still have at least 20% of juice. I find that for messaging, browsing, listening to music the battery can last long. But if you use it for camera, location base service (camera and location base turn on), easily 30min 30-50% gone.
    Sorry a lot of times I don't return to threads once I post.

As for your issue, I agree with hoong. Your not charging the device fully at night. There is no fear of over charging the device, there is a circuit in the phone that shuts off charging and goes into trickle charge mode. I put my phone on the charger when I get home(around 10 or 11 pm) from work and pull it off in the morning around (7am).

Just a little FYI....
    With lithium type batteries(be it lithium ion or lithium polymer) if you overcharged them(cannot be done with OEM charger and phone combo) they would explode and burst into flames. Trust me, I know and have done it with lithium polymer batteries in my hobby of r/c airplanes.
    01-06-11 07:19 AM
    yeah, bye bye,
    and bye to my i4 soon, while waiting for Torchy
    01-06-11 08:13 AM
    Talking to yourself? I guess so since you posted on a BB Forum about a dumb device. Get a clue. No one cares.
    I love you too. Too bad I can check 20 tweets and send a few emails by the time your browser even loads. You got nothing on me, matter of fact you ain't even on my level. I've forgot more about the BlackBerry than you even know. Now run along, sweetie...
    01-06-11 08:27 AM
    I love you too. Too bad I can check 20 tweets and send a few emails by the time your browser even loads. You got nothing on me, matter of fact you ain't even on my level. I've forgot more about the BlackBerry than you even know. Now run along, sweetie...
    Posts like this is why there are flame threads like this. Why cant people just take what they like about a certain device and stop trying to compare it to others. One device is not any better then another, its about whats right for you not whether your device has better specs then another.

If everyone cared about specs BB wouldn't be as popular as it is, regardless of all the android and apple users spelling RIM's demise. I use a BB because i like the BB experience, I loathe apple and itunes, and haven't used an android device enough to form an opinion nor do I care too. I like BB and could care less what the competition is doing. Why people cant understand this is beyond me.

I troll the android forums from time to time when I'm bored and there is just as many problem/QC threads on there as there is on here. So the "MY device is better then your device" argument is null, unless you want to compare specs(which just makes you very nerdy). If you buy a device just because what the box says is in it, then you my friend are a fool(not meant at you in particular, just anyone that does this in general).

If this makes me a blind sheep or BB fanboy, then so be it. I will not go to another forum to bash that device as everyone seems to feel the need to do on the BB forums.
    01-06-11 08:44 AM
    Posts like this is why there are flame threads like this. Why cant people just take what they like about a certain device and stop trying to compare it to others. One device is not any better then another, its about whats right for you not whether your device has better specs then another.

If everyone cared about specs BB wouldn't be as popular as it is, regardless of all the android and apple users spelling RIM's demise. I use a BB because i like the BB experience, I loathe apple and itunes, and haven't used an android device enough to form an opinion nor do I care too. I like BB and could care less what the competition is doing. Why people cant understand this is beyond me.

If this makes me a blind sheep or BB fanboy, then so be it. I will not go to another forum to bash that device as everyone seems to feel the need to do on the BB forums.
    Heard that. Though admittedly I'm not above the occasional iPhone bashing.
    01-06-11 08:57 AM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD