What's up everyone. I can't believe after only 3 months of owning the Torch I have to bid farewell. BB is awesome at messaging and email no doubt about it. Nevertheless, I needed a fast device with better browser and at least can do flash. I went with the Mytouch 4G. The phone is outstanding thus far. My woman and I miss the simplicity of BBM but we are loving the new devices. RIM is dragging their feet with new devices and OS 6 while was refreshing, IMO it was rather disappointing. The browser is better on OS 6 than OS 5 but light years behind andriod. I like the Torch and but I am like the Mytouch more.
    01-04-11 11:14 AM
    Better keep a spare battery or charger with you at all times.

Different stroke for different folks, simple as that.

Good luck with the new device.
    01-04-11 11:16 AM
    k see ya, bye
    AcADIeN likes this.
    01-04-11 11:20 AM
    As homer mentioned, make sure you always have your charger with you

You will be back to BlackBerry after realising how E-Mail management (puch e-mail) is so much better on a BlackBerry), further more, the simplicity of how you can make appointments and manage your contacts.

I don't know if you are using the BlackBerry Messenger but nothing beats that.

You will be back after 90 days, most people do, after they go to the dark side then realise how much BlackBerry is better.

Good luck with your new device though, please don't take this as a bashing towards your new Android phone or anything, just stating some facts.

Cheers

Matrix Leader
    01-04-11 11:23 AM
    k see ya, bye

LOL! How classical
    fadown likes this.
    01-04-11 11:24 AM
    Better keep a spare battery or charger with you at all times.

Different stroke for different folks, simple as that.

Good luck with the new device.
    The battery drain is annyoing. I have a charger in the office and at home and in my car! At least I did not have to worry about that with Torch. But hey, I am loving the device for what it can do and I am willing to accept the battery issue.
    01-04-11 11:49 AM

You will be back to BlackBerry after realising how E-Mail management (puch e-mail) is so much better on a BlackBerry),
    Matrix Leader
    Email is slow on the device but I don't use email as a form of IM. I am not one who sit there waiting to reply to email instantly so that's not big deal to me. Gtalk works fine I just miss simplicity of BBM.
    01-04-11 11:51 AM
    Blackberries taste better at least.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-04-11 11:53 AM
    Blackberries taste better at least.

ROFLMAO

+10 char
    01-04-11 11:54 AM
    so you switch because you didn't have flash on your device, that's pretty much what I understood.

you said something about speed and browser, did you know that blackberry use webkit 534? which is the last version ? same as Iphone ? maybe you didn't ;p Funny thing, your mytouch use that same webkit hehe.

about the speed, I'm not sure how fast you want it to go, but everything I press, it open very quick.
    01-04-11 12:02 PM
    so you switch because you didn't have flash on your device, that's pretty much what I understood.

you said something about speed and browser, did you know that blackberry use webkit 534? which is the last version ? same as Iphone ? maybe you didn't ;p Funny thing, your mytouch use that same webkit hehe.

about the speed, I'm not sure how fast you want it to go, but everything I press, it open very quick.
    Have you used the Mytouch or any other phone with a faster processor than Torch? Its not about the Webkit its about how the phone processes data. Torch is very choppy when browsing the web especially when trying to zoom in or scroll. Also, for the simplest tasks like using the Kindle app to navigate my books takes a second too long and the choppiness drives me nuts. When trying to use GPS the processor is not able to compute fast enough to load maps. I need a reliable GPS especially for driving. So in a nutshell, I wanted a powerful phone than Torch.
    01-04-11 12:17 PM
    weird, I'm using my torch as a GPS device and I have no problem what so ever. I don't have any choppy problem when browsing at all, and I do browse a lot on this phone compare to my 8900.

it's your choice but I feel like you just had a problem with the phone itself, because mine work perfectly.

Anyway have fun with your touch
    01-04-11 12:31 PM
    I'm not sure that was a fair statement about carrying an extra battery/charger unless you put the Torch in that category as well. I've had my Torch for just over a month now, and although I do love it, I still have to charge mine during the day as well. I listen to podcasts for 30 minutes each way to and from work and use it intermittently through out the day. I still have to charge mine if i want to be able to listen to my podcasts on the way home. Usually charge it around 1 pm. I think most smart phones wont last an entire work day (8 hours plus) in most cases, unless you dont use it at all, then its just a phone...as for the build of the phone, that's questionable and I'm sure for another thread...just saying loose battery case, clicking when using the virtual keyboard and getting hot on the underside at the bottom...I've used BB for many years, business and personal...but the 9800 hmmm...makes me wonder.
    01-04-11 12:41 PM
    That's odd cause I stream yesterberry daily for about 7 hours every day(except my days off), make several phone calls(some 20 + minutes), text like a monkey on crack(probably 100 a day, never really counted them but i know its at least 100), bbm several times a day and browse the web for hours on end, and my torch easily lasts 15 to 16 hours with 20% left at the end of the day. My friend who has the droid X can only last 6 hours(at best) at idle. BB has always been king of battery usage.
    01-04-11 12:50 PM
    You need to order spare battery now! That's sucky! I've left bb and went to android but I realize what's the use of android phone if the battery can't stand the whole day. What the use of having a phone when its not reliable to stand over the day. I have to bring my 9700 and have to switch my sim. That's why I came back to BB.

01-04-11 12:55 PM
    You need to order spare battery now! That's sucky! I've left bb and went to android but I realize what's the use of android phone if the battery can't stand the whole day. What the use of having a phone when its not reliable to stand over the day. I have to bring my 9700 and have to switch my sim. That's why I came back to BB.

You are right but if you take necessary precautions...such as having a charger at work and in the car and at home, then you should be fine IMO. Well, at least that's what I'm convincing myself for now lol.
    01-04-11 01:02 PM
    You are right but if you take necessary precautions...such as having a charger at work and in the car and at home, then you should be fine IMO. Well, at least that's what I'm convincing myself for now lol.
    Main words being "convincing". You should not have to convince yourself of anything.
    01-04-11 01:46 PM
    Then help me out Homer, if you would. I turn my wifi off unless I'm home. No blue tooth enabled either. Maybe a battery issue? I've always worried about over charging batteries so for 1 hour before i go to bed, I charge the Torch fully then set it in lock mode with no alerts active except for the alarm until 4 am when i get up. Drive 30 minutes to the gym listening to podcasts. 7 am to 7:15 am call the misses. Then just randomly throughout the day i use e-mail and some texting and bbm, but not a lot mind you, work first. like I stated above, start charging again at 1 pm and that gets me to about 9 pm. The batteries not dead by 9 but I'm not sure if it would last until the alarm goes off. its pretty close. What are your thoughts? Replace the battery is my guess now since I hear that you and others last much longer. Never bashed BB, just thought this is how things are with the touch screen. Thanks.
    01-04-11 02:24 PM
    Hmmm I wonder why people come and post that they left their BlackBerry in a BlackBerry forum....and then some say "well we can be here too. There is a android/iphone section"....which is true! So why not post these proAndroid/iphone posts in those forums...I'm certain that people who choose to remain with their BB will not miss the "bye bye bb" posts...

I am not trying to bash the op or any other person who starts one of the overdone threads...I'm simply saying everything has it on place...whatever you like is what you like but this would keep down all these BS BB vs Android vs iphone threads

Just my $0.02
    Last edited by Propa; 01-04-11 at 03:41 PM.
    01-04-11 03:39 PM

You will be back to BlackBerry after realizing how E-Mail management (puch e-mail) is so much better on a BlackBerry), further more, the simplicity of how you can make appointments and manage your contacts.

You will be back after 90 days, most people do, after they go to the dark side then realize how much BlackBerry is better.

Good luck with your new device though, please don't take this as a bashing towards your new Android phone or anything, just stating some facts.

Cheers

Matrix Leader
    Yes I have a bb but in reality most consumers could care less if they get their email instantly. Now a business user that's a different story.
    SevereDeceit likes this.
    01-04-11 04:12 PM
    You will be back after 90 days, most people do, after they go to the dark side then realise how much BlackBerry is better.
    I know no one personally who made the switch from BlackBerry to Android, then went back to BlackBerry. Only those few here who have posted about coming back to BlackBerry. Let's get this straight, the only thing BlackBerry has on Android is push email and security. For the average user, especially those on a personal plan, they really don't care about security. That is to fend off hackers, if I get ahold of your BlackBerry and it's not password protected, well there ya go. As a hacker I can still gain access to your Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or whatever it is your using. With that aside, the BlackBerry can't even compete with the experience and features that Android has. Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon. While I will always have love for the BlackBerry, I cannot deny the fact that Android blows it out of the water, hands down.
    01-04-11 04:29 PM
    Yes I have a bb but in reality most consumers could care less if they get their email instantly. Now a business user that's a different story.
    +1. That was pretty much my point in my last post...
    01-04-11 04:30 PM
    this is old news
    01-04-11 04:58 PM
    Well then. Bye !
    01-04-11 05:39 PM

You will be back to BlackBerry after realising how E-Mail management (puch e-mail) is so much better on a BlackBerry), further more, the simplicity of how you can make appointments and manage your contacts.

Cheers

Matrix Leader
    Hmmm weird, I switched from blackberry to android in August which I think is more than 90 days (you can count if you want to) and I'm not switching back to blackberry anytime soon.
    I get all my emails INSTANTLY thru gmail,faster than I ever did with BB and I have no need for an extra battery. My Galaxy S does everything my BB did and more.

OP... Enjoy your new Android device, you will see how awesome it is compared to other platforms but posting this in a bb forum, you have to expect these kind of replies.

SevereDeceit likes this.
    01-04-11 06:24 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD