That's it, G*d Da**it...
    After a month......i just put my 9800 in the drawer and put my 9700 back into action.
    This Torch is too cumbersome for any novice. And I'm on my 9th Blackberry, so I'm no rookie.
    I'm sick and tired of that ridiculous virtual keyboard. I don't even have "man hands" and I still can't type with that lame keyboard. I'm sick of poking around my phone and 'accidentally' calling people.
    I'm sick of accidentally shutting off my network.....this phone has bumps and more bumps and the OS5 browser was never a deal-killer for me. And I don't think the OS6 browser is all that great.
    I'll hang for a year when my 4G Bold is ready.....until then.....
    the Bold 9700 is my baby!!!!!!!!!!
    01-19-11 02:39 PM
    I have had every GSM BlackBerrys of your since the 8100
    (and 2 CDMA device along the way) and have not any of
    the issues you are pathetically whining about.

Just man up and recognize the 9800 is too much phone for
    you, sit down, take a deep breath, enjoy your 9700 and be quiet.

Simple, isn't it.
    avaio, Blacklatino and ylefrancois like this.
    01-19-11 02:52 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    After a month......i just put my 9800 in the drawer and put my 9700 back into action.
    This Torch is too cumbersome for any novice. And I'm on my 9th Blackberry, so I'm no rookie.
    I'm sick and tired of that ridiculous virtual keyboard. I don't even have "man hands" and I still can't type with that lame keyboard. I'm sick of poking around my phone and 'accidentally' calling people.
    I'm sick of accidentally shutting off my network.....this phone has bumps and more bumps and the OS5 browser was never a deal-killer for me. And I don't think the OS6 browser is all that great.
    I have a simple solution...send me your phone. My wife would love one!
    01-19-11 03:17 PM
    I switched from a 9700 to a 9800 last week and I have no regrets. Infact, I gave my bold to my little sister. I have no problems. Sure the virtual keyboard is annoying, but slide that baby open and type away. You wont find me back on a non touch screen BB. The glory of having a choice between the keyboard, the screen, and the track pad is what does it for me
    01-19-11 03:35 PM
    Just sell it and get most of your money back. The 9800, while not a ground breaking device, is still a very stable and usable Blackberry.
    01-19-11 04:48 PM
    Sounds like the OP is carrying the Torch around in a pocket. Try an OEM pocket pouch or holster. I have a holster and never had any issues. The keyboard like anything else takes time and patience. Effort equals reward as always.
    01-19-11 05:19 PM
    My torch rockss!!!!
    My wife would also love it she has a 8520 jejeje

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 05:20 PM
    Had my Torch for almost 4 months now, and never once had any of the problems th op had. Love the keyboard. Keep on Torchin'...
    01-19-11 05:23 PM
    Sounds like the OP is carrying the Torch around in a pocket. Try an OEM pocket pouch or holster. I have a holster and never had any issues. The keyboard like anything else takes time and patience. Effort equals reward as always.
    yup def or try locking the phone so u don't dial other contacts as well, also the op does know u don't have to use the onscreen keyboard if you slide it up voila a physical keyboard haha. To all their own many people enjoy their bolds better than the torch myself love my torch won't go back to the bold...web browsing along is so much nicer when u can move the screen around with ur fingers instead of the trackball/pad.
    AlwaysPINK likes this.
    01-19-11 05:25 PM

Simple, isn't it.
    Please, don't sugarcoat it. I'm sure girlie-hands man can handle the harsh unabashed truth. ;-)

01-19-11 06:33 PM
    Ha! Just upgraded my BB8310 to BB Torch! Absolutely love it! It took a little practice using the touch screen, other than that, I love my Torch. Faithful BB user for sure...
    01-19-11 06:53 PM
    Had the torch since day 1. Haven't had those issues.

01-19-11 07:24 PM
    I had the iPhone 3g and the iPhone 4. I now have an ipod touch 4. I've gotten used to typing on the virtual keyboard. As a matter of fact I prefer the virtual keyboard on my torch. I feel lucky to have options. I'll never own another phone that don't have a a touchscreen. The torch is a great device. Best smartphone I've ever owned.
    01-19-11 07:26 PM
    I've never really had your problems and I'm a rookie in comparison. This is only my 2nd BB. Had the 8300 beforehand.

I don't find the Torch cumbersome at all.
    It took me a few days to get used to the keyboard but now I'm fine with it - no problems except my own spelling errors. (don't really use virtual kb much)
    I've never accidentally shut off my network and I never called anyone unexpectedly (only a time or two did I send a text without meaning to and that was completely user error).
    01-19-11 07:38 PM
    I have never had those problems either. Sorry man!

I have my Torch set so that you actually have to hit be in the phone screen to call anyone. A bit of a hassle sometimes but I'm sure its saved my rear from accidental dialings.

The keyboard is difficult to get used to, but I don't use the on screen at all, that's the beauty of this phone!

01-19-11 07:43 PM

Simple, isn't it.
    Pwn that noob!!!! hahaaa
    01-19-11 08:52 PM
    I too, went Bold to Torch. Still learning but I can't go back. I love the 9700, but I had to look up a number on Poynt with my wifes 9700 and it was not as trick as I had remembered. I'm so spoiled.

01-19-11 09:45 PM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    I upgraded from a 9700 to a 9800 also just like you. And within 1 weeks I returned it for a full refund and bought another brand new (full retail price) 9700.

All this offcourse, until the 9780 was released

If you don't like it, simple, sell it and get another phone.
    01-19-11 10:12 PM
    naabies cant handle touchscreen
    01-19-11 11:03 PM
    You really came on here to whine about not being able to work with your Torch, so you switched back to the Bold?? ... And???

Wouldn't this have been easier to say to yourself in your bathroom mirror?

01-20-11 02:31 AM
    Wow, seems like the only ones who don't get bashed are the ones who start a "I love my Torch " thread, those are really exciting to read.

01-20-11 05:59 AM
    Wow, seems like the only ones who don't get bashed are the ones who start a "I love my Torch " thread, those are really exciting to read.

Well, starting a thread with "I quit!!! That's it, G*d Da**it..." doesn't help things either. It doesn't need to be stated that the phone is loved but a frustrated/angered rant doesn't help either.

Let the people here try to help if we can. Post and see if we can offer advice rather than just to say the phone is junk.
    If we can't help and the phone isn't for them, fine. They can tell us their reasons without a rant, without whining.
    I can sympathize with those who wanted something to work out and it just didn't - due to personal preferences or the tech just didn't get the job done- but they say "I wish it would have worked" or "it just didn't do what I needed".

In the end - there are better ways to say "This phone is a piece of c*** and I need to find something else"......especially when you are on a website dedicated to that very phone!
    anon(49433) likes this.
    01-20-11 09:18 AM
    wait for Blackberry Dakota, the Return of the King from Bold legacy.
    01-20-11 09:22 AM
    That's it, G*d Da**it...
    I think Im somewhat with you. Wish I didnt sell my 9700. Think Im going to trade my torch for a 9780 now. The virtual keyboard I find actually quite good. It has some amazing word prediction...actually find it much better than anything on android and even better than the iphones. Also like the real keyboard quite a bit. The browser I find really good, havent had any issues with it. But like youve Ive had quite a few pocket calls. Just find the regular BB style to be a better fit for me. It does seem it just takes more steps to do my regular stuff. Cant wait for the Dakota to come out. Thats the bb i really want.
    01-20-11 09:29 AM
    I am with you.. Only used my torch for a month back to my 9700..

torch was too sensitive.. no matter what I did ... lowest sensitive setting and apps to stop rotation ... nothing..

its too heavy
    battery life is a zero compared to BOLDS.
    not all apps are 6.0 compatable
    01-20-11 09:35 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD