For example, I used to be able to hit F on the keyboard to find something in the current page. Or T to go to the top of the page. Not to mention Z for column view.

Also, phone numbers don't seem dial-able from web pages like they used to be. And there isn't a spell check as I'm typing here.

Am I missing some setting, or is this just the way the browser is?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-10 02:23 AM
    There's an optiopn to enable browser shortcuts, but only some of the functions seem to work: "R" for refresh, for example, does not work. Niether does "F". "T" and "B" work though, which is what I primarily use anyways. Column view seems to be gone, but if you double tap to zoom, the text will automatically wrap and resize for your reading pleasure.

10-02-10 02:54 AM
    There's an optiopn to enable browser shortcuts, but only some of the functions seem to work: "R" for refresh, for example, does not work. Niether does "F". "T" and "B" work though, which is what I primarily use anyways. Column view seems to be gone, but if you double tap to zoom, the text will automatically wrap and resize for your reading pleasure.

Those are really the only shortcuts I use. Regarding double tap to zoom - sometimes the column is uneven. For example, a newspaper article with text wrapped around photos. I used to like isolating all the text in one column.

How do I enable browser shortcuts?

10-02-10 03:00 AM
    Nevermind, I found out how to enable shortcuts.

10-02-10 03:02 AM
    And I got T, B and F working fine now. Just wish that Z would make a comeback. And I could work out how to enable spellcheck in the browser.

10-02-10 03:11 AM
    i miss them more in messages!!! Can't press T or B, incredibly annoying especially when you open a new text and it defaults to like halfway down the conversation. Anyone have a fix for that?
    10-02-10 03:53 AM
    i miss them more in messages!!! Can't press T or B, incredibly annoying especially when you open a new text and it defaults to like halfway down the conversation. Anyone have a fix for that?
    T and B do work in emails and BBM. I haven't tried it in a text though.
    10-02-10 06:55 AM
    How do I enable the browser shortcuts? I miss the dial from page option huge. Thanks Guys n gals. Still on the fence with this phone to be honest. Loved my bold2 so much, big change here.

10-02-10 10:28 AM
    I like shortcuts as well but I also like being able to swipe left/right and up/down the page as well as using pinch to zoom and the double tap. Now that you have a touchscreen, how about using it?
    10-02-10 10:33 AM
    It's in the options menu under "General" at the top section. Just press the menu key with the browser's open, and you should find Options near the bottom.

10-02-10 10:40 AM
    Thanks mas!

10-02-10 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD