It has been a long time since I last posted here, and decided to post in the phone I wanted forum. Back in March my wife and I got rid of our Blackberry's with Verizon, and switched to ATT and decided to try the iPhone. Verizon was killing us with the billing price per month. We are currently saving 30 or so a month with ATT, so we are happy to stay with them. After using the iPhone for about 7 months or so, I miss my LED and my calendar on the BB. I havent played with the Torch to much, so not real familiar with it. I have seen quite a few posts about the "wobble" has this been fixed? Also, could I drop the unlimited data to the 15 a month or should i stay on the unlimited? (the wife would be happy if I found a way to save some cash since we bought a house recently) As Kevin always says, the iPhone is a great entertainment device, but the communication and organization of the BB is out of this world. I really didnt want to go with another 3G network phone, but I miss the BB too much.
    I know this was scattered and hard to follow, but any insight or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks guys
    10-15-10 09:17 AM
    if you miss BB that much, get the torch you will not be disappointed. I love the torch. IMO it's the best BB to date. I have both bolds and the torch and OS6 is far better. I haven't have the "wobble" problem with my phone so I can't really speak on a fix. I believe the issue that you may face now is the upgrade problem with switching phones. you may have to pay the retail price.
    10-15-10 09:51 AM
    Hey,

If they let you keep the unlimited data, then great, but 200MB on a Blackberry *should* be fine (yay compression). The Torch is amazing. I'm currently on an 8530, and a colleague as a 9800. He had switched from an 8900 because he's big on tech specs, and refused to "downgrade" to a 9700 or 9650 so he wished and waited until the 9800 finally came out. Everyday he shows me new stuff that blows mine out of the water. It also just got a software update, so it's much more in line with features on other smartphones (like SWYPE, true threaded messaging). Dual keyboards is also great (virtual and Bold based slideout). Just know though, that unless you have a really nice rep, you aren't upgrade eligible and will probably pay retail price for the handset ($600-700). You might be able to trade in your iPhones to hack that price off, but even at the best trade price you'll still pay around $200 for one Torch. Or hey, there's always the internet :P

But, if you stick with your iPhones, the 3GS is the best of the bunch. I really didn't see any features on the 4 that either 1. Made itself to really be the best or 2. Made itself to really be a stand out to be the best smartphone. Wait til next summer when the 5 comes out or switch to a 9800.
    10-15-10 09:53 AM
    I looked online at my account, and I could get one for 399. Not cheap, but cheaper. I may also look at ebay or craigslist. I just checked my iPhone data usage, and after 7 or so months it is at 3GB. I am not a power user by any means online, so the 15 plan may work out for me. I dont use the iPhone to play all the games I bought, so a few BB games would be fine for me.

Thanks for the feedback to this point, and keep it coming
    10-15-10 10:02 AM
    As far as the data usage goes, I don't know about your situation in particular but I hardly use any network data and I have (for the moment) an iPhone as well. I use WiFi both at home and in the office, so the need for a big data package is negated. If you are in a similar boat then the 200MB plan would be more than enough for you.

Also....full no-commit retail on the 9800 through AT&T is $499.
    10-15-10 10:09 AM
    I have seen quite a few posts about the "wobble" has this been fixed?
    Wobble? What's that?
    10-15-10 10:12 AM
    Jbautz - I was the same as you.
    I had a bb curve 8300. I LOVED that phone. When the iphone 3GS came out though, I thought it would be even better because so many people were saying it was the best. It's a very nice phone and I did talk about it a lot at first. I used it for a year, but I still missed bb. I bought my Torch in August and I am glad to be back.
    I hope you can find a bb that fits you! good luck!
    10-15-10 02:43 PM
    You should really go out and get yourself a Torch. It is the best of both worlds. It has the communication abilities like every BlackBerry plus a great touchscreen. It really has been great for me. After 2 months I have replaced my Bold 9700 and 32GB iPod Touch which I though was a great combo, now I have everything on the Torch (music, games, etc...).
    10-15-10 06:54 PM
    Wobble? What's that?
    x2
    what is it?
    10-15-10 08:52 PM
    anyone?

what is Wobble?
    10-17-10 12:19 AM
    The wobble or wiggle is the shimmy that occurs when the slider is open and you can wiggle the top part of the screen left to right.

You can also get wiggly when closed as well.

If you are not experiencing this then you have a solid build.
    10-17-10 12:28 AM
    thanks for explaining that!

no i dont have that problem thankfully

only problem i have is the loading square thingii keeps coming up and freezes the phone for like 5 seconds!! i hate it
    10-17-10 12:55 AM
    Hey jbautz, I feel you on this. I used the iPhone 3G for a long time (more than two years, which was ages for me as I used to upgrade phones every other month!) and thought that was the ultimate phone for me. That is, until I tried a BB. I loved it, was hooked, never had complaints.

My husband got me the iPhone 4 as a birthday gift last month and I decided to switch back in order not to hurt his feelings, but nothing can compare to the BB and I've since ordered my Torch! Of course, the husband swears never to get me a phone for my birthday again... I hope the Torch will be a wonderful welcome wagon back to the BB camp and I never want to leave again!
    10-17-10 03:14 AM
    Hey jbautz, I feel you on this. I used the iPhone 3G for a long time (more than two years, which was ages for me as I used to upgrade phones every other month!) and thought that was the ultimate phone for me. That is, until I tried a BB. I loved it, was hooked, never had complaints.

My husband got me the iPhone 4 as a birthday gift last month and I decided to switch back in order not to hurt his feelings, but nothing can compare to the BB and I've since ordered my Torch! Of course, the husband swears never to get me a phone for my birthday again... I hope the Torch will be a wonderful welcome wagon back to the BB camp and I never want to leave again!
    Oh I think you'll be pleased. I'm coming from an iphone as well, both are great devices but if I had to choose now between the two?...More than likely I would keep the Torch. You'll have to make sure your hubby get's a BB so you guys can do the BBM thing.
    Welcome to the site btw, a wealth of good info. here!

* OP, jbautz just get the Torch!
    Last edited by North-Face; 10-17-10 at 03:39 AM.
    10-17-10 03:34 AM
    Just keep in mind that if you do downgrade your plan to the $15 one, you can never go back to the unlimited one, they don't offer it anymore and right now you're grandfathered in. A rep was nice enough to tell me that and I decided to keep my unlimited plan and stream as much as I want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 04:39 AM
    How does the iPhone notify for new messages if not an LED? I've used my parents iPhone but never noticed.

10-17-10 05:19 AM
    How does the iPhone notify for new messages if not an LED? I've used my parents iPhone but never noticed.

Pop up message on the screen.

10-17-10 06:41 AM
    u are in the unlimited class so I would not give that up. Try with wirefly they have better deals than ATT, if not try with someone at ATT u will not regret it
    10-17-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD