The 9780 is a better device overall.

The Torch is a nice toy for a month or so but come to real world usage, the BOLD 9780 is a real phone, with a realy keyboard and a much better battery.

If only the Torch had a better physical keyboard (not so flat) and a battery life that is at least like the BOLD, it could pass as a winner, but until then, I will never even consider it.
    9800 a toy? how is it any different then the 9780?

Ok the 9780 has a different keyboard and its a candy bar form(hence the different keyboard), while the torch is a slider, and the battrey is slightly larger(230mAH to be exact)That's the only difference. They both run OS6. both have the same processor and same camera as well as the same internal memory. So please explain how the 9800 is a toy and the 9780 isn't. The only true difference is the form and battery size.
    12-11-10 07:07 AM
    Ive upgraded from the 9700 (which i loved) but when i go back to it i just cant cope with not being able to touch the screen. I LOVE my Torch.
    I went back to my 9700 for about a week and couldn't keep from wanting to touch/ swipe the screen, lol. I went back to the 9700 thinking I would be more productive with OS5 but I soon realized that my Torch has everything I needed. Coming back to my Torch was a great thing for me and I have no reason to underestimate its performance again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 07:59 AM
    9800 a toy? how is it any different then the 9780?

Ok the 9780 has a different keyboard and its a candy bar form(hence the different keyboard), while the torch is a slider, and the battrey is slightly larger(230mAH to be exact)That's the only difference. They both run OS6. both have the same processor and same camera as well as the same internal memory. So please explain how the 9800 is a toy and the 9780 isn't. The only true difference is the form and battery size.
    I'd like to know also. Its the same device in different package. Personally, I love the idea of having two keyboards, virtual for quick responses, physical for longer. If this is a "toy", I sure would like to see a serious device.
    12-11-10 11:34 AM
    I'll venture a little mind reading. My guess he calls the 9800 a "toy" is due to the touchscreen and the fact that its is great to surf the web and that is large enough to actually see what you are trying to look at. "Toy" must refer to the fun us 9800 owners have in being able to tap to zoom or swipe and all that convenient stuff we can do on our touchscreen that he is limited to key and trackpad manipulating like a real professional.
    12-11-10 12:12 PM
    I had a love/hate relationship with my Torch until I slapped an Otterbox case on it. With the added grip and weight, I can't keep it out of my hands. I've always been a heavy phone guy.
    12-12-10 12:29 AM
    Love the Torch getting better every day. Came back to Blackberry from the iphone and I must say I'm glad I'm back. So many little things that this OS does that the iOS did not.

12-12-10 12:56 AM
    I wasn't sure at first. I thought the 9000 was the best. Soon as I spent 5 minutes with it,I knew where Blackberries were headed. This is a great phone,PDA and media device. If your not sure because your like me who thinks"It can't get better"
    Well, torch street is where you turn right.

Good Job RIM
    12-14-10 03:14 PM
    Hi, everyone. I just bought my first Blackberry (Curve 3G; Verizon) only to discover that they now have the same deal for the Torch 9800 (with different provider, AT&T). I have 30 days, should I upgrade?

I'm really liking the Curve, except that the screen is much smaller than I'd thought it would be. This is my first real cell phone.

Thanks for any help!
    12-14-10 04:17 PM
    Strange as it seems, I loved my Storm 2, probably because I came from a Storm 1! I had doubts about the Torch, I really didn't want it, I felt my Storm 2 was giving me everything I was asking for. Then, I played on browser of Torch for two minutes. Then I knew what I had been missing; a working browser AND all the messaging Nirvana I had already. I'm never looking back I love this damn phone!

12-14-10 04:32 PM
    After having the 9000 for almost 2years I was ready to replace my device with the 9800.. The Torch is an amazing device.. The keyboard isn't that good as the 9000 but it's worth the update.

It has everything i want.. I love the Torch! I realy can't put it down!

12-14-10 04:32 PM
    Great piece of gear my Torch!
    12-14-10 04:42 PM
    The 9780 is a better device overall.

The Torch is a nice toy for a month or so but come to real world usage, the BOLD 9780 is a real phone, with a realy keyboard and a much better battery.

If only the Torch had a better physical keyboard (not so flat) and a battery life that is at least like the BOLD, it could pass as a winner, but until then, I will never even consider it.
    OK can't even the blackberry users get along togeather? Anyway just because the Torch or an Android or that iphone thing have a touch screen doesn't make them toys.

I have often seen bb owners call all the other phones toys. Yes a bb is a great message device and the other phones are great at what they do but that doesn't make them toys as they also can and do the rest as a bb can and does the rest.
    12-14-10 04:50 PM
    All the BB users who knock the Torch for having a touchscreen will probably be the first in line to get a Playbook.
    12-14-10 05:50 PM
    i love the touch for some things (it is nice to have, apps/browser i always use the touch screen)
    i still prefer the keyboard and probably always will for typing

it is a luxury to have both at the same time
    12-14-10 11:29 PM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD