i like the torches, but still love my bold
    i've just came from an iphone, and i can't believe that my bold can last A WHOLE DAY without charging
    12-08-10 11:03 AM
    RIP Bold 9700. Curse you stairwell!!

Glad you're enjoying ur Torch.
    12-08-10 11:46 AM
    I too love my Torch. I've been using BlackBerry for the past 7 years and RIM keeps getting better and better.

To be honest tho, when I first saw the pics on CB I thought WTF?! The sliding keyboard really turned me off. But OS 6 is much better and with the increase in memory I like this phone much more than I did my S2.

I actually never use the slide out keyboard. Or the trackpad. No need. Touchscreen is where its at...

I still prefer my iPhone for any web browsing just because the iPhone seems to load them slightly faster and smoother.

Overall, I'm quite enjoying the Torch...can't wait to see what RIM does with QNX and the PlayBook...
    12-08-10 04:58 PM
    My red Christmas Torch!!!!

12-08-10 08:33 PM
    loving my week old torch. faster with the .337 os update OMFG
    12-08-10 10:02 PM
    The Torch is the bomb!!!!!!!! F******!!!!!! Love It!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-10 10:22 PM
    My gf and I both bought torches and we love them. She has the black and I the white. We'll b on the phone talking and on bbm talking to eachother and sending eachother pics. They're our children and we love them to death.

12-09-10 07:50 AM
    I too love it. Had a captivate that was so bad with freezeing, lag, battery life and shutting down on it's own.

I decided I wanted something proven and was not willing to see a device through it's experimental stage. That, in my mind left a choice between iphone and BB. My wife and daughter have iphones and for me never saw the "gotta have" factor.

Bought the Torch. I love this phone for it's functionality. It's so rock solid and dependable.

Now my wife wants to get a Torch and my daughter won't quit asking me if we can swtich. Love her lots but Im keeping my torch.
    12-09-10 08:48 AM
    I love my torch too...it is grreeeeaatttt!!
    12-09-10 10:43 AM
    My red Christmas Torch!!!!

that is fugly
    12-09-10 10:46 AM
    I don't think the torch is "fugly.". It looks better closed. I liked the weight and feel of it, but hated hated hated the onscreen and physical keyboard. Granted I purchased an earlier release and have not tried one since the updated OS releases.

The phones form isn't for everyone that's for sure. I prefer the traditional style of a bb. Not a slider guy at all.
    12-09-10 11:31 AM
    i think the phone looks awesome, closed or open
    it might be that red theme that is throwing people off ... i dont like it either
    12-09-10 04:13 PM
    I agree. It's not fugly. Personalizing a cell phone is, well, a personal thing.

By the way, what case is that?
    12-09-10 05:07 PM
    I'm so in love...no problems over here. Guess we're tha lucky ones.

12-09-10 05:37 PM
    that is fugly
    LOL. Your user name pretty much sums it up.
    12-09-10 07:33 PM
    I love the look of the 9800, very sleek. I couldn't stand having a case on it. I prefer it naked.
    12-09-10 07:45 PM
    i just received my Torch yesterday & i wasted no time in fiddling w/ the settings & transfering info over from my Bold, via the DM.

1st & foremost, if any1 has preconceived perceptions of any other models or phone make, u need to compare apple to apple, cant quite compare apple to blackberry (pardon the pun). they're both built for different specifics.

on the whole, the look & feel of the Torch looks a lil more sleek than all other blackberry models, despite its size, it's physically slightly slimmer than the Bold 9000. the interface & transitions may seem a lil rigid, but that's 1 of the many things i actually appreciate in the Torch.

i was quite impressed by the definition & clarity of the screen when trying out the media player/video. but i guess the audio lacks the reverb & sound depth (perhaps due to the compact composition).

camera taking clarity & the different setting available makes it a lot handier for amatuer photography, especially when travel journaling & sharing pics on social network mediums.

i've all along been a fan of qwerty keypads, but it takes a little getting used to, on the touch screen keyboard. alternating between input languages is also very comprehensive, and is a breeze to make the selection. otherwise, the shortcut keys gives you the previous alternate input language. having the luxury of an on screen keyboard, there's literally no need of modifiying the physical keyboard.

with just a few touches & tweaks on the settings via the easy accesses on the homepage, i'm really impressed that i didnt have to refer to the user guide at all.

so far, i've yet to push the limits & punish the specs, to see how valid the ratings are, but this ive a feeling i wont be disappointed.
    12-09-10 08:24 PM
    Got the Torch since launch..it is still my most used and preferred phone over iphone 4 and G2. My thoughts:

Torch: Best in terms of email and instant messenging, notification features is unrivalled, I use Be Buzz to assign color of notification LED by sender and that is one **** of utility..I know who has emailed/messenged me just by glancing at the LED color and hence can act immediately or later according to importance. I like the slide out keyboard and the Touch combination - fantastic formula. I think Torch looks professional and beautiful.

Iphone 4G: Best in terms of screen and smoothness of touch interface. Looks the most beautiful, fantastic industrial design, feel like a piece of quality phone..Browsing website reading text/emails on the amazingly clear and beautiful retina screen is a joy..but notification pop-up is annoying, email push is not reliable and instant messenging always failed to always-on..and no physical keyboard is a no-go for me.

G2: nice and cool widgets to play..web browsing is fantastic with its pinch to zoom automatically arranging the web text in column style for easy reading. But somehow I just feel it is lacking the robustness of Torch and the beauty of iphone..it just feels average.

I carry all 3 phones and constantly switched between them in my daily usage. I tend to stick with Torch more because it is the most reliable in getting things done. I measure my time spent on them and it is like Torch (70%), Iphone (20%), G2 (10%)...

12-09-10 09:54 PM
    I just decided to get this phone, most recent phones were iPhone and iPhone 3GS, Ill be getting it on the 25th

Glad to see all the positive feedback, makes me feel better about my decision, cant wait to get my hands on this!
    12-09-10 10:55 PM
    After reading this entire thread my heart breaks - I WANT to LOVE my Torch, but I cant!

I have had the phone since launch, and on a daily basis I run around with the Torch and the 9780, my Bold is the love of my life, and honestly, the Torch is a fantastic phone, however, for me at least...it has a grim life, including the fact that before I got a device that didnt have a loose screen or some other defect I had to make six exchanges!

Maybe I will just keep reading this thread on a daily basis to inspire myself to try and fall in love with my Torch...but for now it is very much a love/hate relationship...
    12-10-10 12:16 AM
    After reading this entire thread my heart breaks - I WANT to LOVE my Torch, but I cant!

I have had the phone since launch, and on a daily basis I run around with the Torch and the 9780, my Bold is the love of my life, and honestly, the Torch is a fantastic phone, however, for me at least...it has a grim life, including the fact that before I got a device that didnt have a loose screen or some other defect I had to make six exchanges!

Maybe I will just keep reading this thread on a daily basis to inspire myself to try and fall in love with my Torch...but for now it is very much a love/hate relationship...
    The 9780 is a better device overall.

The Torch is a nice toy for a month or so but come to real world usage, the BOLD 9780 is a real phone, with a realy keyboard and a much better battery.

If only the Torch had a better physical keyboard (not so flat) and a battery life that is at least like the BOLD, it could pass as a winner, but until then, I will never even consider it.
    12-10-10 12:27 AM
    I love my 9800! Coming from a 9000 that I still love but have now loaned out to a friend who lost her IP4.

My 9000 was the best phone I have had in 15 years and the Torch is living up to its standards great so far! I held out for a phone with a touch screen and a full key board. I use the GRT case and it makes the Key board even easier to use with one hand IMHO.

YES I have looked at the others but I need a Solid comunications device that is a great phone and has great text and e-mail with decent web browsing. The others cover some but lack on others

BB has been great for me and my business!
    12-10-10 01:43 AM
    The 9780 is a better device overall.

The Torch is a nice toy for a month or so but come to real world usage, the BOLD 9780 is a real phone, with a realy keyboard and a much better battery.

If only the Torch had a better physical keyboard (not so flat) and a battery life that is at least like the BOLD, it could pass as a winner, but until then, I will never even consider it.
    Not sure how the 9700 compares to the 9780 but the battery life on my Torch, in all honesty, surpasses that of the 9700 that I used to own. The physical keyboard takes a little getting used to, coming from the 9700, but it's just fine.

I loved my 9700 and have nothing negative to say about it but, for me at least, the 9800 is a better device. I wouldn't consider the Torch a toy by any stretch of the imagination. For me, it's an excellent tool and I am very satisfied with it. But your mileage may vary.
    12-10-10 09:59 AM
    Ive upgraded from the 9700 (which i loved) but when i go back to it i just cant cope with not being able to touch the screen. I LOVE my Torch.
    12-10-10 06:59 PM
    Count me in! It's like the "Common" of the rap game, definitely underrated.

12-11-10 06:54 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD