Just thought I'd start a love thread what with the recent negative threads abounding in the forum.

I am coming from a Bold 9700 which met an untimely death last week - thank you concrete parking structure stairwell. Prior to that I was a Sony-Ericsson user and prior to that I was a Motorola user. All fine and functional phones. I had the Sony-Ericsson when my kids came of texting age. My oldest daughter and I had the same model phone that required multiple depressions of keys in order to complete a text message. Needless to say, the keys on both of our phones cracked through the multiple depressions. Last year, when I was eligible for an upgrade, I chose the Bold 9700 primarily because of the full keyboard. The Bold worked great and I was satisfied. After picking up the Torch 9800 I can't believe I was satisfied with the Bold. Not that the Bold was a bad phone but the Torch just works so much better all around - better display, landscape view, larger device, etc., yet it still has the great keyboard that I grew accustom to.

My 19 year old son tried to get me to switch to the iPhone (which he hates but still defends) but he's had so many problems with his (cracked screen, dropped calls, powering off for no reason, no battery life [he literally has to charge his phone every few hours], etc.) that I just couldn't see that as an option for me. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone is really cool, especially if you like the fart app, but it just didn't fit my needs.

To sum it up, I am a very happy Blackberry Torch 9800 owner.
    drice01 likes this.
    12-05-10 03:27 PM
    Welcome to the club =) there are many of us.
    12-05-10 03:40 PM
    Hey I'm coming from Iphone 4 and I'm loving it. My wife is mad bc she had the chance to buy it also, but went ip4 and now regrets it. She sees me having sooo much fun getting stuff done on my phone and can't stand it. One thing she now cannot tolerate is that when she is watching utube or on the web and gets a txt she gets interrupted while me, I can finish what I'm doing and then answer the message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    drice01 likes this.
    12-05-10 05:36 PM
    Always easier to comppain than to compliment. My Torch may not be perfect but is the best for my purposes to date. Coming from the 9000 made the keyboard feel small at first. But the screen size and combination of touch screen and keyboard make the best of both worlds. I love my Torch, too.

12-05-10 05:38 PM
    I F$$$ING LOVE my TORCH 9800!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best of both worlds. Nobody else is doing it like THIS!

12-05-10 05:55 PM
    I love my 9800 too! More and more each day. It's always right by my side. Welcome to the club!
    12-05-10 05:56 PM
    The Torch is the best BB to date hands down ;. I love mine. And my wife loves hers. Our kis our jealous, since they are still sportin the 9700.

12-05-10 06:01 PM
    Count me in! I had a really difficult time deciding to give up my 8830 - but it's long forgotten now with the Torch. I have actually giggled with delight at finding new features!
    12-05-10 06:07 PM
    ^^^I was scared to give my bold up. I don't even care about it anymore after using the torch.
    12-05-10 06:10 PM
    I F$$$ING LOVE my TORCH 9800!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best of both worlds. Nobody else is doing it like THIS!

I have to agree with you the best of both worlds.
    12-05-10 07:16 PM
    Take it from someone who has stuck with the Torch for more than a few hours or a week and has come back. I have had my Torch since launch day and have definitely not regretted it. My 9700 has found a home with my MIL. There is a rumored OS update. When it is released, upgrade your Torch assuming that you buy one.
    lang007 and drice01 like this.
    12-05-10 07:31 PM
    I had mine for about 2 months and my wife had hers for about 1.5 month and to this day we can not put it down. It does complete us, corny maybe but it's true. We are looking forward to getting the playbook. I work for a bank and she is a laywer so we love the fact that we can bring work home in a 7 inch size rather than lugging our work laptop home on the subway. I have been bb faithful since 2004 and hoping the bond continue for a long time. Bb just get things done. And yes we do love our torch. We both had 9700, 9000, 8800 and so on. We upgrade our hardware every year but the torch might be the extender.

12-05-10 08:57 PM
    i love my torch too.

but i didnt sell my bold 2 for backup. =)
    12-05-10 09:03 PM
    i LOVE my Blackberry Torch.
    i don't care if it's the MOST/LEAST popular smartphone out there.
    i don't care whether RIMM stocks go up or down
    i don't care if the other 99 people "hate" the Torch and prefer a DROID or an iphone or even a Windows 7 phone.

at the end of the day, it's about Me, myself and I.

as you can see on my signature.. i've been with a lot of phones.. so credibility wise.. i think i'm above average.
    drice01 likes this.
    12-05-10 09:05 PM
    i love my torch too.

but i didnt sell my bold 2 for backup. =)
    Same here! And best of both worlds on Torch? Definitely!

12-05-10 09:14 PM
    Now that BlackBerry 6 simulators are available maybe we will get more apps, themes and games.
    12-05-10 09:22 PM
    I'm a huge Torch fan. All my friends have iphones and half of them have problems with calls so they end up playing games on it. No thanks, I have to make a living.
    12-05-10 10:05 PM
    Hello everyone
    12-06-10 05:36 AM
    Absolutely <3 my torch. Wouldn't want any other device at the moment.
    12-06-10 07:06 AM
    Coming from Storm 1, then Storm 2...and now Torch...very very happy with the Torch

12-06-10 10:38 AM
    Like others have said, I love my Torch. Very pleased with the form, and its function.
    12-06-10 10:48 AM
    Congratulation on your new Torch

Valuing and liking what you have is a gift on its own.

Good luck
    12-06-10 10:56 AM
    I play with mine all the time....... Maybe too much. Guess I love it.

12-06-10 02:40 PM
    I love me torch but I aint overly xcited about os6 yet on sep issuewhy does crapworld not have latest updates for ubertwitter n crunch sms ??

12-06-10 02:44 PM
    I love me torch but I aint overly xcited about os6 yet on sep issuewhy does crapworld not have latest updates for ubertwitter n crunch sms ??

I am sure someone will tell you to start a new thread next time since your question can confuse the topic or might even be forgotten and skipped. Since i read it basically the reason appworld doesn't have the latest update is probably because it needs to be approved by rim before it gets the updated version into appworld. You will probably be better off downloading the update from ubertwitters webpage. Direct link is:

�berTwitter Download

and crunch sms:

crunchSMS - Install

Good luck man.
    just visit it from ur bb.

O yea also to the op welcome and i definitely love my torch had it since the release day and haven't put it down since.
    12-06-10 02:51 PM
89 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD