We need a sticky for people who like their Torches. And I suppose a sticky for those who don't so the forums aren't cluttered up with "It's too slow.. blah blah..."

The Torch is my first smart phone. All I had before were simple Sanyo phones. They were great and did what a phone was supposed to do just fine.

Even tho I am not much of a MyTwitBook user, the slickness with which a photo can be uploaded to FaceSpace is a real treat. Email is great, BBM works well too.

I think the screen is clear and bright, I don't know what all the fuss is about over the low resolution. Everything works smoothly on it, so I think the 624MHz processor is probably just fine.

My only gripe is the slight play in the screen when tapping it in the closed position and the trackpad doesn't like it if my thumb is clammy at all, but at the end of the day it is a great phone.

I was going to get a 9700, but as soon as the Torch was announced I held off and I am glad I did.
    10-10-10 12:44 PM
    I agree it is an amazing phone. Welcome to the family.
    10-10-10 02:00 PM
    GREAT PHONE!
    coming from a 8330 is a huge improvement
    i'm having alot of fun with this device
    10-10-10 02:11 PM
    i have collected a lot of phones.. and the Torch is one of the Best for now.
    10-10-10 02:20 PM
    I got to play with a Torch for a few hours the other day, the OS seems pretty nice and responsive, but the webkit was disappointing, when zoom-pinching it lags and has all those square delays displaying. The screen wiggled with quite a bit of freeplay when pulled up, keyboard feels just like a Bold's and quite accessable.

Overall it didn't exactly impress me, OS 6's improvements was the only thing impressive and from reports on the Bold 9780 it's very good.
    10-10-10 03:47 PM
    love my torch also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-10 04:49 PM
    ...the webkit was disappointing, when zoom-pinching it lags and has all those square delays displaying.
    I had this problem when running on .141. When I upgraded to .246, the problem went away. Haven't had lag since. Maybe the display Torch didn't have the new upgraded OS?
    10-10-10 04:52 PM
    + 1 on the upgrades to a higher OS.
    most of the complaints about the lags are addressed by the 6.0.0.246
    10-10-10 05:01 PM
    I'm pretty sure sooks is Canadian..so the phone he's playing with probably had .246. Depending on the website I'm on..I too will get some checkerboarding when using pinch to zoom (particularly Yahoo Fantasy Hockey) but it doesn't bother me..both my home comp and laptop also experience occasional lag when loading certain web pages and this has never bothered me. I remember the days when loading one single pic on the desktop was a 5min affair. I didn't buy this phone simply for web browsing..but for the combination of features it has.

If it had a wobbly screen then I hope it was either a demo model or whoever owned it was planning on returning it..cuz I've had 2 coworkers buy a Torch after seeing mine and none of ours had any screen play.

10-10-10 05:15 PM
    I love my torch, wouldn't trade it in for the world!

10-10-10 05:18 PM
    I'm pretty sure sooks is Canadian..so the phone he's playing with probably had .246. Depending on the website I'm on..I too will get some checkerboarding when using pinch to zoom (particularly Yahoo Fantasy Hockey) but it doesn't bother me..both my home comp and laptop also experience occasional lag when loading certain web pages and this has never bothered me. I remember the days when loading one single pic on the desktop was a 5min affair. I didn't buy this phone simply for web browsing..but for the combination of features it has.

If it had a wobbly screen then I hope it was either a demo model or whoever owned it was planning on returning it..cuz I've had 2 coworkers buy a Torch after seeing mine and none of ours had any screen play.

Yeah it was a Telus Torch and it wasn't a display model, it was a coworker's, the Torch was only a couple hours old so right out of the box it had all these, I didn't even think to look at what version OS it was running.
    10-11-10 11:34 AM
    I came from a 9700 and couldn't imagine going back! I loved it. But the big screen and os 6 is too sweet.

10-12-10 02:20 AM
    Also love my torch ... wouldnt trade it for any other. All this low screen res, blah, blah, blah, slow processor, blah, blah, blah, my icrap is better with my retina burning screen, blah, blah, blah, my android has a 1 mhz processor, blah , blah, blah. Seriously getting sick of hearing this on most of these threads and its getting seriously redundant. Get some new "My phone is better then yours" propaganda.

It all boils down to personal opinion, and personally i think the torch rocks all other platforms atm.
    Last edited by homer1475; 10-12-10 at 07:01 AM.
    10-12-10 06:59 AM
    If the Torch was really that nice, would an "I like my Torch" thread need to be stickied on a BLACKBERRY website?
    10-12-10 08:09 AM
    If the Torch was really that nice, would an "I like my Torch" thread need to be stickied on a BLACKBERRY website?

just a small question... Do u have to troll every "i like my torch" thread and post negatively?

How about the "i got my new android" thread in that section or the " What does your iPhone/iTouch screen look like?" in the iphone section.. Pretty much the same threads yet i dont see u trolling there and posting negatively. Go troll elsewhere.
    10-12-10 08:14 AM
    I love my Torch. Best smartphone I've ever owned (that includes the iPhone4).
    10-12-10 08:20 AM
    just a small question... Do u have to troll every "i like my torch" thread and post negatively?

How about the "i got my new android" thread in that section or the " What does your iPhone/iTouch screen look like?" in the iphone section.. Pretty much the same threads yet i dont see u trolling there and posting negatively. Go troll elsewhere.
    I agree. They are all stupid, but this is a BLACKBERRY website. I just find it funny that people want this stickied, almost like your trying to convince yourselves? Hmmmm.......
    10-12-10 08:24 AM
    I love my Torch. Best smartphone I've ever owned (that includes the iPhone4).
    I know.
    10-12-10 08:25 AM
    ^ chill. + 10 characters
    10-12-10 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD