i used to have the curve and i started getting blank emails about 2-3 times a month. the emails have no sender and they're always followed by other emails from yahoo.com and uproar.com congratulating me on signing up to their service. i just switched to the torch 9800 and i'm still getting the same emails. the weird thing is, even though these emails are addressed to my yahoo email address, they come straight to my blackberry but they don't show up in my yahoo email inbox.

i tried calling att customer service and they tried deleting the service books and reinstalling but that didn't work. i also tried to delete my email accounts and reinstalling them but that didn't work either.

i'm stumped. please help.
    12-01-10 01:03 PM
    i get them, too.

the congratulations comes from the fact that it's probably the oldest email you have in that account.

for me, it's an email one of my friends sent me back in 2002.

it's kinda weird, because it just started happening for me at the end of November. i've been using the Torch since August.

it's only happening for me from my Yahoo account. my Hotmail account isn't getting it. i would like to know the resolution, as well.
    12-01-10 01:24 PM
    for some reason i keep getting an email sent to me a few times a day from my best friend...she sent it to me back in 2004. that just started about a month ago. not sure why
    12-01-10 02:39 PM
    Remove and re add the account
    12-01-10 02:41 PM
    already tried it, and no fix.
    12-01-10 03:44 PM
    Does the email show up in you online PC inbox?

I know this may be a long shot but try and remove it and see if it comes back.
    12-01-10 03:47 PM
    it does not show in the online inbox when i receive it again.

i tried moving it to another folder earlier, so i can't tell yet if that will make the difference.

however, that doesn't resolve the issue with the receipt of the blank email. i just received it again a few minutes ago.

i get a blank email and the email from my friend once a day and have been getting them since mid November.
    12-01-10 04:04 PM
    I have the same problem. I have the 9630 and have been getting blank emails with no sender email, no subject line, etc. I have been getting these for about a month or so, they also only show up on my Blackberry (not in my online yahoo account) Any suggestions?
    12-10-10 12:38 PM
    Create a filter....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-10 12:58 PM
    Create a filter....

I have just set one and will let you know - but I'm wondering how it will filter it when this email never shows up in my yahoo account online.

12-10-10 01:11 PM
    Well if the BIS is fowarding it to your device, I'd think the filter should catch it regardless if Yahoo gets a copy or not. Good luck. I'd create multiple ones for the same email.

12-10-10 01:42 PM
    Well if the BIS is fowarding it to your device, I'd think the filter should catch it regardless if Yahoo gets a copy or not. Good luck. I'd create multiple ones for the same email.

IDK about the others - but for me both the from and the subject are blank. So I'm not sure how to create a filter for that.

12-10-10 02:15 PM
    The problem is that there is a virus within one of your emails in your yahoo, hotmail or gmail account. Go through those accounts and delete any email you no longer need. Also check the last messages (oldest) in your inbox...and unless you need them, delete them. I had 9000 emails in my inbox, alot of which was spam that didnt make it into the spam folder directly. Once I deleted all of this stuff (took me an hour), I no longer get the blank emails to my blackberry
    12-22-10 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD