...is what I was thinking yesterday. I had the dreaded dropped BIS and was rather frustrated. However, I reloaded the OS and all is good now (even better since upgrading to .225).

However, while I was frustrated, I went to the dark side and looked at Android Central and checked out some threads on the Epic. What do you know, there was a thread specifically for someone who was coming from (or thinking of coming from) a BB and was asking who else had made that switch. It was actually a very informative thread (to me). Because as much as the Epic user's tried to say it has a great this and a better that, many... MANY of them said; BB still has a better XYZ, but "that's not a big deal". Well guess what, those XYZ's WERE a big deal to me and actually calmed me back down, brought me back to reality that BB is still the king of BUSINESS PHONES. Sure, the iToys and the Droids are "fun", but BB is all business, which is what I need.

What did they say the BB did better? Email; apparently the Epic has issues with push mail, which is unacceptable to me. The keyboard; several users said "but you get used to the new keyboard'. I don't want to have to get "used to" anything. The BB has the king of keyboards, regardless of WHICH BB it is, it's still better than THEIR keyboard (or lack of). I'll admit, I don't recall what Z was now, but it was something that I though "nope gotta have it".

Not to mention, most of the comparisons were from models other than the Torch. I wonder how many of those "happy" Epic owners have played with the Torch.

Admittedly, I wish the Torch had better graphics, but not watching NFL on my phone is not a big deal (to me). Otherwise, I have been extremely happy with my Torch (until the BIS drop - which frustrated the heck out of me while on the road).
    09-17-10 09:33 PM
    I've never experienced the BIS dropping thing, but my Torch did go weird on me. I can't remember exactly what I did, but it reverted to predictive txt on me. I set it back to "direct" and saved but the save wouldn't stay, would always revert back to predictive. THEN...the bottom of the ts stopped working (menu functions).
    I've tried everything. The last thing I tried was: wiping it completely w/BBSAK and reinstalling .225 and NOT restoring a back up.
    Still no functionality @ the bottom of the ts. AT&T is sending me another one.
    I've come to the conclusion that the thing.....just stopped working right.
    NOT waining on my LOVE for my Torch. Tried the other phone (iToy, couple months ago) for 3 weeks and, although it was "cool", didn't do for me what I needed it to do.
    Conclusion: I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my warranty exchange and will keep my fingers crossed that it's as solid as the one I have now.
    09-18-10 08:08 AM
    ...is what I was thinking yesterday. I had the dreaded dropped BIS and was rather frustrated. However, I reloaded the OS and all is good now (even better since upgrading to .225).

However, while I was frustrated, I went to the dark side and looked at Android Central and checked out some threads on the Epic. What do you know, there was a thread specifically for someone who was coming from (or thinking of coming from) a BB and was asking who else had made that switch. It was actually a very informative thread (to me). Because as much as the Epic user's tried to say it has a great this and a better that, many... MANY of them said; BB still has a better XYZ, but "that's not a big deal". Well guess what, those XYZ's WERE a big deal to me and actually calmed me back down, brought me back to reality that BB is still the king of BUSINESS PHONES. Sure, the iToys and the Droids are "fun", but BB is all business, which is what I need.

What did they say the BB did better? Email; apparently the Epic has issues with push mail, which is unacceptable to me. The keyboard; several users said "but you get used to the new keyboard'. I don't want to have to get "used to" anything. The BB has the king of keyboards, regardless of WHICH BB it is, it's still better than THEIR keyboard (or lack of). I'll admit, I don't recall what Z was now, but it was something that I though "nope gotta have it".

Not to mention, most of the comparisons were from models other than the Torch. I wonder how many of those "happy" Epic owners have played with the Torch.

Admittedly, I wish the Torch had better graphics, but not watching NFL on my phone is not a big deal (to me). Otherwise, I have been extremely happy with my Torch (until the BIS drop - which frustrated the heck out of me while on the road).
    So your thread title was just a tad misleading wasn't it.
    09-18-10 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD