..deliver like no other! I say this because Apple is upgrading the iPhone's OS to enable "Hotspot" capability. This is one feature I'd love to have on my 9800!

So! I fully expect the upgrade,...or replacement to the BB Torch to be able to create a wireless Hotspot! Also, here's a warning to AT&T,...you best get it first, cause I'm jumping ship to the first carrier that has a BB that allows for HotSpot!

I won't go into all of the other goodies that I expect RIM to pack in the BB 9850,...or 9900 or 9950! Such as,...faster processor, even more RAM,...better camera,..FFC, etc., etc.

That said, thank you Apple for giving the iPhone better capabilites!
    01-12-11 09:19 PM
    Hmm,...per BGR's confidential source(s),...it appears that my feeling is right! Now you may commence to commenting to this post!
    01-14-11 09:19 PM
    Meh on the hotspot -- interesting, but not a must have for me. I'm getting deja vu, because I held onto the 9000 and bypassed the 9700 in 2009, and it looks like I'll bypass the Torch 2 and hold onto the Torch 1 in 2011 (despite breing eligible for an upgrade in August). Yeah, the Torch 2 will have a faster processor and better resolution, but from what I see, it's like welcome to 2010.
    01-14-11 10:11 PM
    RIM has been 2 years behind the curve for the past 4 years and I see no signs of this changing. These "leaked" phones still can't compete with the phones that were actually introduced at CES this month, and will still be the joke that BlackBerrys currently are whenever they are actually released. For God's sake RIM, license out yer OS to Samsung. Let us have modern, beautiful hardware. Please. Stop trying.
    01-15-11 08:49 AM
    ^^moron... Just sayin...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 11:13 AM
    RIM has been 2 years behind the curve for the past 4 years and I see no signs of this changing. These "leaked" phones still can't compete with the phones that were actually introduced at CES this month, and will still be the joke that BlackBerrys currently are whenever they are actually released. For God's sake RIM, license out yer OS to Samsung. Let us have modern, beautiful hardware. Please. Stop trying.
    You want Sammy to build your phones so things don't work, like GPS....plastics that are flimsy, horrific batteries, sliding battery doors that actually COLLECT more dust than prevent it and then the biggest b!tch of all, the inability to receive an update like their (in)famous Galaxy S devices?

FAIL!

Blackberry makes incredible hardware, second only to Nokia.
    01-15-11 11:27 AM
    If RIM licensed their software to Samsung I would forget about my accessories and I WOULD jump ship. Samsung produces devices that are a POS. I had a Samsung S5600 while I waited for a new Nokia (my old one got stolen in a violent mugging), and I hated it. If it wasn't for the fact it had been loaned to me, I would have actually destroyed the thing then thrown it in a furnace it annoyed me that much!

If it has to go to a company, make it Nokia or HTC.
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 01-15-11 at 11:41 AM.
    01-15-11 11:39 AM
    I think the Torch 2 if it comes out as the rumor suggests, is a great upgrade to a great phone. I like the security of a RIM phone and licensing out a phone means that you lose control. I think the conservative approach of RIM will stand them in good stead as they release the Playbook and upgrades to all their current phones. If you want "modern, beautiful hardware" and you don't think RIM is giving it to you, then you need to switch phones. But just realize that sometimes the grass is greener over the septic tank and what may appear to be "modern, beautiful hardware" has some real limitations when it comes to areas that RIM excels in and that a crackberry addict has come to depend on.
    01-15-11 11:40 AM
    2 years behind? Or light years ahead? What are dual-core processors without better battery life? | PhoneDog

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 11:46 AM
    You want Sammy to build your phones so things don't work, like GPS....plastics that are flimsy, horrific batteries, sliding battery doors that actually COLLECT more dust than prevent it and then the biggest b!tch of all, the inability to receive an update like their (in)famous Galaxy S devices?

FAIL!

Blackberry makes incredible hardware, second only to Nokia.
    Now thats a thought a Nokia Blackberry I remember a few years back Nokia Licensed some Blackberry software which was then lost during a update on one of its communicators as the agreement had ended. There were massive complaints about it but..
    01-15-11 11:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD