I seem to be experiencing the same problem as a lot of Blackberry users and the problem is that on my Blackberry Torch smartphone, under options>device>application management, it says that Blackberry Maps is installed and I can't seem to find the icon for Blackberry Maps. I'm using my Blackberry Torch smartphone on the Bell Mobility network in Canada. What do I do?
    11-21-10 03:54 PM
    go to blackberry.com/maps and email yourself the download. It's not a full download, just a lbsribbon file, that once loaded will display the icon! Weird, I know! let me know if that helps!
    11-21-10 08:32 PM
    I actually tried that once a few weeks ago and it just bounced back with a message saying that my phone doesn't meet the requirements. I thought it was my Blackberry's version of OS 6 that was out of date but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    11-21-10 08:58 PM
    http://www.gln.bz/ads.nsf/bbmapslaunch.jad

Download that file with your mobile phone. It is an OTA to keep an icon installed on your phone. It shouldn't disappear even after a reboot.
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    11-21-10 09:09 PM
    Make sure the icon isn't accidentally hidden. Select 'show all' in the home menu screen. Also the icon is different than in OS5, it looks like this now -->

Attachment 76959
    DanielLui1 likes this.
    11-21-10 09:14 PM
    Make sure the icon isn't accidentally hidden. Select 'show all' in the home menu screen. Also the icon is different than in OS5, it looks like this now -->

Attachment 76959
    Not sure what the Canadian or other carriers allow but AT&T has something installed that deletes the icon after every reboot. I had to use the above method for a more permanent fix. BBMaps would be listed as installed but I had no way of opening the program. I installed the icon from BB, but like I stated, it would be removed after every reboot. Thanks goes out to the creator of the file for helping, I know it helped me!
    11-21-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD