Id like to say thanks everyone for help and support with the Torch. Girlfriend got me an Android for Christmas. My Torch has gone to her and she loves it. She gave up her 9300 to me so I'll be moving there. Happy Holidays everyone!
    01-01-11 04:35 PM
    Evil girlfriend.
    01-01-11 04:38 PM
    Ehh she got it for me because she knows i need a texting app to text the states (im in the UK for thr AF). If BB had one i wouldnt have left my torch
    01-01-11 04:42 PM
    I was just joking Glad you're staying with a backup berry at least!
    01-01-11 04:50 PM
    Farewell, enjoy your new Android
    01-01-11 04:52 PM
    Oh of course. I love my bbm as it keeps my in touch with my BB addicted family. Curve 3G is a great backup bc it keeps me with BB6 which is somewhat harder on the Curve but very attractive. And its backwards compatible with OS5 which I miss. Android is something I grow to bc of the level of apps and customization which is fun to play with. Rooting it tonight. Im not really leaving Matrix Leader. Im a Blackberry addict deeeeeeep down. Just need a few things BB doesnt have yet not bc of BB but the developers who make apps.
    01-01-11 04:57 PM
    Oh of course. I love my bbm as it keeps my in touch with my BB addicted family. Curve 3G is a great backup bc it keeps me with BB6 which is somewhat harder on the Curve but very attractive. And its backwards compatible with OS5 which I miss. Android is something I grow to bc of the level of apps and customization which is fun to play with. Rooting it tonight. Im not really leaving Matrix Leader. Im a Blackberry addict deeeeeeep down. Just need a few things BB doesnt have yet not bc of BB but the developers who make apps.

Ohh ok, the Curve is a nice BB in all respects with an awesome keyboard IMHO.

Good luck
    01-01-11 05:09 PM
    oh yeah my curve 8330 is still my best bb. nothing will ever replace it. cant wait to revive it to its original being by getting it an original body like it had when i first got it
    01-01-11 05:13 PM
    Ehh she got it for me because she knows i need a texting app to text the states (im in the UK for thr AF). If BB had one i wouldnt have left my torch
    This doesn't sound right... you both had BBs, what's wrong with BBM. If you want to talk to others all BlackBerries support SMS and your Torch is able to use most of the text chat applications like Google Talk, Yahoo, ....etc. Any of these work internationally.

It sounds like some sales slime lied to get you to buy a new phone.
    01-01-11 05:44 PM
    yes we both had bb but i needed a way to text the states to my other people. over here in the UK Google Voice doesnt work. it wont work on my HTC either. it isnt supported. wish it was.
    01-01-11 06:20 PM
    Couldn't you just use email to text?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 06:28 PM
    yes we both had bb but i needed a way to text the states to my other people. over here in the UK Google Voice doesnt work. it wont work on my HTC either. it isnt supported. wish it was.
    Google Voice is an audio app and would have killed your data allocation. However BlackBerry supports a wide range of text-chat apps which should have met your needs without buying a new phone. Too late now...
    01-02-11 06:00 AM
    I just left the torch and went back to my iPhone. Our romance last all of a month before I went back home. I love BBM, I just don't love the other applications on the BB.
    01-02-11 07:46 AM
    Google Voice is a second phone line. It supports SMS not just audio.
    The SMS feature can also be forwarded to your current phone line and would have done nothing to his data allocation

Google Voice is an audio app and would have killed your data allocation. However BlackBerry supports a wide range of text-chat apps which should have met your needs without buying a new phone. Too late now...
    01-02-11 08:40 AM
    Email to text just takes time. Not for me, but for the person recieving it. BB is always gonna be my favorite in the sense of OS navigation and native apps Android cant beat. However, third party apps just did do it for me. FB for android is much like for iPhone. (intergreates chat) w/o having to install another app. the rollout of OS for android is phenomenal. Just downloaded 2.2 from 2.1, and 2.3 is almost here and the talk of 3.0 is getting around. its amazing!
    01-03-11 05:57 AM
    Id like to say thanks everyone for help and support with the Torch. Girlfriend got me an Android for Christmas. My Torch has gone to her and she loves it. She gave up her 9300 to me so I'll be moving there. Happy Holidays everyone!
    This doesn't sound right... you both had BBs, what's wrong with BBM. If you want to talk to others all BlackBerries support SMS and your Torch is able to use most of the text chat applications like Google Talk, Yahoo, ....etc. Any of these work internationally.

It sounds like some sales slime lied to get you to buy a new phone.
    To Branta's point, there are probably dozens of texting and/or IM apps available on BB. Off the top of my head, there's the native apps for BBM, SMS, Google Talk, WLM, Y! Messenger, ICQ, and AIM; then a ton of 3rd party apps like WhatsApp, PingChat!, Fetion, and TigerText.

If you meant purely Google Voice not being available to you, then just say that. If a prospective first-time BB user read your post, it sounds like there's none of these other options.

Anyway, I get what you what you meant and sounds like you'll still be around here regardless. I hope your new setup works for all your needs.
    01-03-11 06:33 AM
    To Branta's point, there are probably dozens of texting and/or IM apps available on BB. Off the top of my head, there's the native apps for BBM, SMS, Google Talk, WLM, Y! Messenger, ICQ, and AIM; then a ton of 3rd party apps like WhatsApp, PingChat!, Fetion, and TigerText.

If you meant purely Google Voice not being available to you, then just say that. If a prospective first-time BB user read your post, it sounds like there's none of these other options.

Anyway, I get what you what you meant and sounds like you'll still be around here regardless. I hope your new setup works for all your needs.
    yes ive seen these other apps as well. however my ability to text the US from the UK hasnt worked. One thing i hate about bein over here is that alot of the apps dont work overseas. (most recent...a christmas theme. lol) using my itouch i see apps like textnow or textfree and doing research i saw android did this as well with text+. doest give u a secondary texting phone number like the itouch apps but it works none the less. bc i would never go iphone-y. ive tricked out my 9300 and it looks stunning in white with the metallic edge. all new hardware from the outside. if i recall right bbm works on wifi so using my android as a mobile hotspot will allow me keep my Curve going
    01-04-11 10:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD