I just got my hands on the Torch. From the moment they announced the design to the day it came out I bashed everything about it. The look, the features. I was disgusted that RIM would even think of a design like this after the htc dual and Palm pre flop .

Then Friday my friend at Bell sold me a brand new one at a great price 400$!!! I was planning on selling it and using the money for the 9780 to replace my 9700. I opened the box I slapped in the battery and the rest is history.

I am in love. I cannot beleive what the reviewers are saying about this phone. It is stable, beautiful, and fast. I wont write a review about it . But I must say I have tried so many different phones these last few months including iphone 4, samsung vibrant, nexus one and 9700. This one is just so mature and right. It blends just the right factors of business and play. I cannot beleive I ever doubted RIM .

I just needed to let this is out. I am still in awe and shock at the build of this phone. And how well Os 6 works. I dont have any lags or stalls. It is just perfect ..

Hope there are people out there that feel the same
    10-17-10 04:31 PM
    It's not perfect, but it is awesome. Proof that top of the line specs don't always = better phone. Sure I'd like a handful of things improved but there is no better phone out there, in my opinion.

Enjoy!
    10-17-10 04:58 PM
    I agree. The Torch is a great, great device. Those who won't consider it based on specs alone or early reviews are missing out. It appears to be selling well here in Canada and I'm seeing lots of people with them, at the mall, on the train, etc. There are quite a few threads here and in other forums with people who are leaving their iPhone and Android behind to come back to a BlackBerry. Lots of people on CraigsList and elsewhere looking to trade their phone for a Torch.
    10-17-10 05:00 PM
    Its the same like people that are mac addicts. Sure there are better specked items out their but they just don't perform as well.
    10-17-10 05:52 PM
    Its the same like people that are mac addicts. Sure there are better specked items out their but they just don't perform as well.
    Games. Lol.

Sorry. Had to point that out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 06:01 PM
    Speaking of the devil. My macbook collects dust.

10-17-10 06:28 PM
    @op. Excellent Choice.

Lol. I said the same thing about the 9700. While updating my wife to the 9700, I swapped my used iPhone(w/ Otter Case) for a new 9700 that some kid didn't want after purchasing and didn't want to wait for a new shipment of iPhones. The 9800 does everything I need for work, play, and personal business.
    10-17-10 08:04 PM
    Welcome back mate and glad your enjoyin this new phone as much as most of us are

10-17-10 08:20 PM
    I like this story. Enjoy your Torch. It IS great.

10-17-10 09:21 PM
    I felt the same way when rumours of this phone first came out. I thought it looked weird, thought the trackpad was redundant, and didn't think it would sell. The more info that came out for it, however, the more intrigued I became.

Using this phone now, I can say without a doubt that it is the best BlackBerry I have ever used.

10-17-10 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD