from being accessible on the demo phones?? I just got back from a visit to a store in San Jose, where I wanted to check out the webkit browser of the Torch, as well as get some "hands-on" with OS6. At first, I thought the issue of it being unable to connect to the internet was a setting (which was, indeed, turned OFF). I enabled connections, expecting to begin browsing. No way. So I went to another phone. No data service. I tried ANOTHER phone. No data service. IMO, AT&T is beyond lame. A wasted trip and I can only imagine how other customers must feel about not being able to test the phones.

rant over...
    10-29-10 05:26 PM
    its like going to buy a car but you cant start it just look at...dont get the logic either
    10-29-10 06:03 PM
    Lazy store manager?

All the AT&T stores I've gone to have working data on the Torches.
    10-29-10 06:03 PM
    Yeah most have all the devices connected to in store wifi. I even took some off wifi and they worked on 3g. Seems like an isolated incident.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 09:02 PM
    No sim card maybe. Why not put your SIM in it and test the browser.
    10-29-10 09:04 PM
    Yeah, I've only been to 3 att stores but they all had data on the bbs.

10-29-10 09:05 PM
    You have to ask the store personnel to enable the connections so that you can test it. This makes sense as customers can come in and stream large amounts of data costing AT&T a substantial amount of money.

10-30-10 10:03 AM
    Ask if any of the employees are using Torches. Most time they'll let you check out their devices

10-30-10 10:32 AM
    You have to ask the store personnel to enable the connections so that you can test it. This makes sense as customers can come in and stream large amounts of data costing AT&T a substantial amount of money.

I would have asked an employee but they were all busy with other customers and I wasn't in the mood to wait for god-knows-how-long until one was free.
    10-30-10 02:16 PM
    I would have asked an employee but they were all busy with other customers and I wasn't in the mood to wait for god-knows-how-long until one was free.
    I can totally understand. Try another store and ask them to enable all data connections or see if an employee is carrying one.
    10-30-10 04:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD