Hi again,

In the manual it says that the BB has a build in FM Radio...how can I activate it? Or does that just mean it can stream, but has no transmitter/receiver?
    12-01-10 12:38 PM
    There is no built in FM radio. I'm not sure where in the manual you see that but I think you are probably misreading it?
    12-01-10 12:52 PM
    well, in all the european search engines. For example:

Blackberry 9800 Torch | Geizhals.at ÷sterreich

UKW (metric wave VHF in english I think) Radio it says there

Thats why I'm asking, cause i couldnt see it in the manual.
    Last edited by Mnemik; 12-01-10 at 01:04 PM.
    12-01-10 01:00 PM
    wow that's VERY interesting. I assume it's a typo though. I've never seen any other specs that say it has a radio (google translate translated it to: " FM Radio, Video-/MP3 player"). Does your box say it does?
    12-01-10 01:09 PM
    You would need to stream in an app, it's not the first time that a source has published specs that were off by a little bit. There's no native FM frequency tuner in the BlackBerry line.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 01:12 PM
    Which box do u mean?

Yes, I think the translation of "UKW Radio" is exactly a "FM Radio". UKW is just the German word for VHF (very high frequency)

So that's weird cause right now I'm looking through amazon.co.uk and some american sides I do not find a single side with specs that say anything about a radio

As BergerKing already mentioned, I think it is as I suggested in the first way...only ment as "streamable". Well, at least we don't buy smartphones this expensive for the sake of a radio ;-)
    Last edited by Mnemik; 12-01-10 at 01:16 PM.
    Regadrless of what that ad says, there is NO FM tuner on this or any other
    BlackBerry. There are many streaming radio apps though - Pandora, Nobex, TuneIn,
    Slacker, IHeartRadio (or something like that)
    yeah, im happy with streaming.
    12-01-10 01:33 PM
    I'm not sure whether or not UKW = FM but keep in mind that cellular signals are "radio" signals. In order for a phone to send/receive voice and data they must have (a) radio(s).
    12-01-10 02:13 PM
    I'm not sure whether or not UKW = FM but keep in mind that cellular signals are "radio" signals. In order for a phone to send/receive voice and data they must have (a) radio(s).
    In Europe, UKW = FM radio. However, the only "BlackBerries" I've seen with FM receivers are the "BleckBarry" look-a-likes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 02:21 PM
    I guess there's no chance that the European version has something the US version doesn't?
    12-01-10 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD