I am trying to replace the physical keyboard on my torch and im having no luck. I have taken the phone apart according to the instructions posted on this forum but those instructions go on to explain housing replacement and not keyboard replacement. I have been staring at this thing for an hour but I can figure out how it could be done without breaking something. Anyone who has done this?
    12-09-10 06:02 AM
    I am stuck in the same position as the OP. I would like to replace the original US keypad with a different language OEM one that I bought online. Looks like the bezel that is holding in the keypad has plastic prongs that are heat welded.
    01-27-11 09:30 PM
    I thought I saw a YT video that took the entire device apart including the keyboard. Got a link to what you are watching?

==========

I hope this helps. This URL has a pic of a replacement keyboard so you can maybe see how it is attached.

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Keypad Keyboard with Keypad Supporting Frame - Black (OEM) - US $6.25 : sw-box.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 01-27-11 at 10:17 PM.
    feelgood13 likes this.
    01-27-11 10:04 PM
    Wow, nice find shansmi. Looks like the key was to get that supporting frame (which I didn't) with the keypad. See the prongs on it? Those are "riveted" to underframe using heat, so you have to replace that whole thing once you take it out.
    01-27-11 10:27 PM
    Glad I could help. Bad news is that does not sound like an easy process.
    01-27-11 10:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD