I just moved up from a Curve 8310 to a Torch. One thing I used to do on the Curve is read blogs, and that was pretty easy to do. The text is all there, the pictures are all there; it just wouldn't give you the videos usually. If I go to one of these blogs on the Torch, of course I zoom to make it big enough to read, but the text goes off the screen and I have to keep moving it to the right to read the end of the line, then back to the left again. It's a very annoying way to read. Is there any way to adjust this? The browser is so much better on the Torch, but worse in this aspect, unless I am missing a function? Thanks!
    01-19-11 09:33 AM
    double tap the text and it will auto size it to the screen.
    01-19-11 09:41 AM
    Wow! It worked! Thank you! I've noticed that there are quite a few shortcuts like this (beyond those I already knew from using Curve). I have to read through everything and try to find the useful ones. Thanks again!!
    01-19-11 09:50 AM
    also you can pinch to resize/zoom or whatever. But the doubletap does it automatically
    01-19-11 10:09 AM
    double tap the text and it will auto size it to the screen.
    Great tip! I had the same question and now I have a solution.
    01-19-11 10:11 AM
    I be sendin a thank you to osubass1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 09:51 PM
    Pressing the trackpad works too when you see a positive magnefying glass. In short, pinch zooming is for images and media. Double tapping or trackpad pressing is for text wrapping.

Now you may run into an issue with some websites where the page hardly zooms at all when you double tap (which is quite annoying). What you have to do is find a narrower frame somewhere on the website (like a link column on the side) and zoom into that instead. Simply scroll back to the side you want to read after that, and the font should be nice and big.

01-19-11 10:27 PM
    Great tip! I didn't know about this, either, and wondered the same thing

THANKS!

01-19-11 10:27 PM
    Yeah. The double tapping makes the screen kinda like "column view" from our os5 BBs.
    Nice feature. Sucks that you can't double click the 9780 and get the same result.

01-19-11 11:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD