Just my 2 cents about BerryWeather as I have seen a few posts about it. I have it set for updates every 45 minutes and, as mentioned earlier, I make it a full day with plenty of battery to spare.
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-31-10 at 07:58 AM.
    12-31-10 07:51 AM
    Alternatively, why not get a higher capacity battery?
    Amazing, he's back with more bad advise. (I thought he was banned!)
    There are no higher capacity batteries available for the Torch!
    Last edited by tellsells; 12-31-10 at 08:00 AM.
    12-31-10 07:56 AM
    I use many of the same apps as you. In my experience, the biggest battery killer by far is BBM. I don't see much battery dropoff from BerryWeather.

It's really odd how so many folks have far different battery life experiences. I usually get a full day with ~30% life remaining at night. If I use a sleep holster, I can usually squeeze two full days out of a charge. There are seemingly random times I have noticed a severe drain, but each time I've seen that I've had a corresponding temperature increase.
    12-31-10 08:06 AM
    Here u go, just a quick one I pulled with a quick search on Google:

PowerGen Premium Quality Li-ion 3.7V 1300mAh Battery for Blackberry Torch 9800:Amazon:Electronics

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 08:10 AM
    Is that REALLY necesary? Hmmm look what I found with a simple google search........

BlackBerry Torch Extended Battery with Battery Door

Granted a solid, company like Seidio has not made one, YET, but I have no doubt that they are working on it.
    12-31-10 08:13 AM
    Hmmm the CB webstore suggests the standard battery for 9800 is 1270mAh. The one on Amazon is 1300... trivial difference in capacity but much cheaper if a bad battery has to be replaced. It becomes a user decision between third party or RIM original at 3x the price.

Edit: Nice find from PK ^^^
    12-31-10 08:20 AM
    What about App World? Is it still creating issues for people like it was previously?
    12-31-10 08:23 AM
    I use many of the same apps as you. In my experience, the biggest battery killer by far is BBM.
    I suspect this is due to the near constant screen use during chat rather than the relatively low volume data traffic generated by BBM. Backlight would certainly hurt more on the 9800 with a big screen.
    12-31-10 08:34 AM
    The OP mentioned hybrid .337. I have .337 but it is the official one released to Beeline. Could the problem be the hybrid OS?
    12-31-10 08:43 AM
    Lol, I wouldn't put a 12 dollar battery in my phone...never! Either way I find the torch battery to be great, as I've stated before it beats i4 and makes the 3gs pound sand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-10 10:19 AM
    ive went 2 days without charging
    12-31-10 11:36 AM
    Of the applications you have running, BerryWeather, Twitter, Facebook (and maybe BB Meter) are potential battery hogs.
    bb meter a battery hog? i can understand the other ones, but i don't see how bb meter, at least in my experience, can cause a significant battery drain. is there a link to a thread showing this? i have some battery issues i'm looking to pinpoint and never thought bb meter would be the culprit.
    01-01-11 06:02 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD