Or do you?
    And is it easy?
    I mean does it peel off well or leave sticky residue behind?

Mine has a few indents in it, and I can live with it (and I'm sure it won't be long before it happens again). Just wondering what everyone does.

Also, do you find that the rubbing alcohol hurts it any way?

TIA for any helpful advice, thoughts and suggestions!
    04-11-11 06:33 PM
    Well it depends on the screen protector you use. Like the Invincable shield protector doesn't leave behind residue. I took off mine and feel that the screen is more responsive and the glossyness of the screen makes the phone look more attractive. The screen does not scratch at all no matter what you do to it but it does attract fingerprints which are easy to get rid of. I've notices that sometimes the fingerprints dissapear after a while. Not sure how or when it does this because I haven't done enough "investigation". But I just rub it on any clothing which is made of cotton like my t-shirt and voala, screen is clean as the first day I bought it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-11 07:15 PM
    +1. I've had my Otterbox screen protector on for a year and a half, haven't changed it yet. Cotton t-shirts work great, microfiber for a showroom shine. There are a few tiny nicks, but it lives in a holster. I was actually complimented the other night on how new my 9700 looks. *beam*

The Commuter screen protector is the only one I didn't completely botch installing. It was easy. I wrecked 2 others before I got it.

Change it when you can't stand looking at your screen anymore. and stick with a quality name.
    04-11-11 08:32 PM
    I dont change them, I have a zagg one and there infamous for screen protectors ( really responsive when applied).I got mines applied at a zagg mall cart, look for one at your mall, they put it on perfectly. Also don't know much about the rubbing alcohol one.
    04-11-11 08:33 PM
    thanks everyone for the input.
    04-11-11 09:07 PM
    I dont change them, I have a zagg one and there infamous for screen protectors ( really responsive when applied).I got mines applied at a zagg mall cart, look for one at your mall, they put it on perfectly. Also don't know much about the rubbing alcohol one.
    They also do it at Bestbuy and Futureshop. Bestbuy applied my screen protector when I first bought it for free.

04-11-11 10:41 PM
    I usually replace my screen protector every 6 months. It peels away cleanly except during bug repellent season. Repellent acts like a solvent to dissolve the adhesive on the edges of the protector making it wrinkled and gummy. I peel it off and wipe the phone clean with a little rubbing alcohol on a microfiber cloth before applying the new protector.

An occasional wiping with 99% rubbing alcohol (which evaporates really fast) won't affect the screen protector.
    04-12-11 12:18 PM
    screen protector? what is this you speak of?

#Naked ftw
    04-12-11 12:40 PM
    I don't. Zagg invisible Shield... Keep it clean, it heals any minor imperfections on it's own. If you ever need to change it, or replace it, or remove it, no residue @ all...

04-12-11 01:38 PM
    screen protector? what is this you speak of?

#Naked ftw
    Haha, same. I used to though when I used em

04-12-11 03:11 PM
    Had the Zagg before but didn't like it. It definitely affects the sensitivity of the touchscreen in a negative way.
    04-18-11 09:39 PM
    best one on the market is the "tru" brand anti glare one. it works so well, you can remove it from your phone and put it on another one (if say-- you had your unit replaced).

04-18-11 10:01 PM
    I personally really like the Zagg shield. I bought the Torch on launch day and my local Zagg mall-kiosk put it on (I took it straight there from the AT&T store, didn't use the phone until it was covered). I've had no problems with it since then and it looks just as good as the day it was put on. I haven't felt (like many others) that it was sticky or affected my touch sensitivity at all.

I've had no color distortions, no bubbles, or peeling on mine. As others mentioned, the other big plus for this cover is that it really does heal itself. It's weird/hard to describe, but I once put my phone in my back pocket, which also contained several coins. Well - I fell asleep on the train, and 90 minutes later the coins had of course 'dented' or 'scratched' the screen cover. I was very worried. I got off the train about 30 minutes later, looked at my phone, and it was back to looking new again...!

Since then I've had my original iPad and now my iPad2 covered by Zagg. I'll probably get my Playbook done by them too!
    04-18-11 11:07 PM
    I try to keep mine on as long as possible, so probably a year.
    04-18-11 11:07 PM
    Zagg. haven't noticed any breakdown in sensitivity on my torch. when i had it on my 9700 i never changed it (had it for over a year).
    04-18-11 11:15 PM
    never had one. i just make sure that i don't mix it with other stuff in my pocket.
    04-19-11 02:58 AM
    I havy torch for 1 month now. And the screen protector is like new from day 1. I'll keep there as long as I can.
    04-19-11 06:29 AM
    Why would you change one? If its a good quality protector then there should be no need to.
    04-19-11 06:51 AM
    I use screen protector from the day one. I have storm1 9500, around 2.5 yrs old and its screen is still like brand new. Similarly, storm2 and now torch from the day one. Use to wipe with water and then rubbing with microfibre cloth for shining.
    04-19-11 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD