I returned the original torch for slow browser/lag issues. Did the new o.s release fix these issues? Thanks
    10-07-10 04:16 PM
    I don't understand why you didn't just read the MANY threads about the update...

Let me summarize it: compared to .141, the new .246 update is MUCH MUCH better. In fact, many people who were going to take the Torch back have kept it because of the new OS update.

There is no lag and the browser is faster.
    10-07-10 04:23 PM
    No lag. Very respectable Browser speed. No freezes. My third Torch came preloaded with .246 and it's a different phone.
    10-07-10 04:27 PM
    ok think i may have to go pick 1 up.
    10-07-10 04:32 PM
    I don't understand why you didn't just read the MANY threads about the update...

Let me summarize it: compared to .141, the new .246 update is MUCH MUCH better. In fact, many people who were going to take the Torch back have kept it because of the new OS update.

There is no lag and the browser is faster.
    I returned it because it was a few weeks ago before I heard anything about an update and I got impatient waiting for it.
    10-07-10 04:33 PM
    To repeat a post from jeffreii, please see the following:

BlackBerry Torch customers who upgrade will benefit from overall system performance improvements, including:

* Browser – faster page loading and improved panning
    * User input – handled more efficiently, improved responsiveness after unlocking device
    * Applications – faster launching, exiting and switching
    * Home Screen - faster rendering and smoother transitions when switching between panes
    * Media - faster rendering of thumbnails in picture application
    * Email/Messaging – faster and smoother scrolling in message list and when reading email
    * Voice- Software improvements for improved audio quality
    10-07-10 04:52 PM
    No lag. Very respectable Browser speed. No freezes. My third Torch came preloaded with .246 and it's a different phone.
    this kills me.. "my third torch" are you saying that Blackberry RIM is that bad at quality control that you needed three consecutive devices to get one that works?
    10-07-10 04:58 PM
    I am not pleased with the update. I did it two days ago and my "touch tones" do not work. For example, if I call a number and it says, "press one for customer support, press 2 for technical support..." I can press the numbers as many times and nothing will happen. I hear the tones, but the other side does not recognize it....
    10-07-10 05:09 PM
    I am not pleased with the update. I did it two days ago and my "touch tones" do not work. For example, if I call a number and it says, "press one for customer support, press 2 for technical support..." I can press the numbers as many times and nothing will happen. I hear the tones, but the other side does not recognize it....
    I have absolutely no issues with this and my Torch came preloaded with .246. Perhaps you need to do a complete wipe and re-install?
    10-07-10 05:13 PM
    Update is great. I went from .141 to the latest .246 and its a heck of a lot better. Add that with the HTC theme from ethemes and this torch is freakin SMOKIN!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 05:14 PM
    I called AT&T to add international data to my plan and it was no problem - had to enter my phone number and some other stuff and the system recognized the tones just fine. If a reboot doesn't fix this you might need to wipe and reinstall.
    10-07-10 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD