• First!

31 63.27%

8 16.33%

3 6.12%

3 6.12%

1 2.04%
  • 6+? O_O

3 6.12%
    Just wondering, since I've seen a lot of posts of people having to return there phone for some defectiveness, how many tries did it take to get a defective-free torch?

I got my defective-free torch on the first try!

Edit: Totally Off-Topic BUT I'm officially a Crackberry Abuser. Even though, I considered myself one since I got my first BB, which would be a year ago in January. I absolutely LOVE Blackberries and I am never going to leave them, and not leaving my Torch for a LONG time. Anyone else feel the same? Haha.
    Last edited by McStoner; 12-11-10 at 09:05 PM.
    12-11-10 10:16 AM
    First one is good for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 10:33 AM
    First one is perfect. I didn't even know some of them had problems until I got on this forum.
    12-11-10 10:40 AM
    First one is good for me and I got it since launch day. My Torch has fell on the floor and fell hard 3 times including 2 times felling flat on the screen and yet it is still working normally.I have not experienced any defective issues thus far..the top part screen wobble a bit after it fell and hit hard on marble floor but it is as sturdy as ever just as I would expect from a sturdy work horse...when I read posts like it crashed constantly it can't turn on and battery drains quickly etc I am amazed..sometimes it is due to QC problem, but a lot of time I think the users who have those problems may be handling it incorrectly..

12-11-10 11:02 AM
    First one was the charm here
    12-11-10 11:09 AM
    Got it the week after release. Have not had ANY of the problems that crop up
    in the threads here.
    12-11-10 11:18 AM
    I had returned only one when I got a perfect one. The replacement was from Mexico but it worked great.

What are some of the issues causing you to have to exchange?

You will find that after a month of use there will be play in the slider but there are a few decent fixes on the forums for a wobbly slider

12-11-10 01:11 PM
    I had returned only one when I got a perfect one. The replacement was from Mexico but it worked great.

What are some of the issues causing you to have to exchange?

You will find that after a month of use there will be play in the slider but there are a few decent fixes on the forums for a wobbly slider

The 2 problems I remember, because they came up a lot, are battery drains fast, and the wobbly slider. I know there is a fix for it, but I don't need it. My phone has nothing wrong with it. There were some other problems that I read about but I can't remember what they are.
    12-11-10 06:16 PM
    I am currently on my 6th one.

Luckily this one works well (Its about time huh? )
    12-11-10 06:36 PM
    I am currently on my 6th one.

Luckily this one works well (Its about time huh? )
    Wow.. No doubt. I'm glad you got a working one though!
    12-11-10 06:42 PM
    First one and never really understood the 'wobble' issue but it did motivate me to buy from the store vice on line just to make sure it was a keeper and it was.....woo-hoo...
    12-11-10 07:06 PM
    purchased my torch the 2 week it was out and i haven't had any issues
    12-11-10 08:14 PM
    so far so good!
    12-11-10 08:53 PM
    Glad to hear most people got their defective-free Torches on the first try!

Better luck next time to all those who had to return at least one (especially Shamoo who is on his 6th Torch!!)
    12-11-10 08:59 PM
    I'm on my second one. Got my first on launch day and the slider actually broke, it wouldn't open until I forced it then the screen died. I think the screen tape got stuck in the slider? Second one has worked flawlessly since.
    12-11-10 09:11 PM
    I ordered mine online for $25 (+ change over to ATT) and it's (hardware/cell) been working GREAT! Loading that software was a WHOLE different story. Took almost a week to get it downloaded to my home desktop and laptop. Thought I tried every trick in the book, even so far as to $$ for (non)assistance. Finally I managed to get it running on my desktop and kept at it till the laptop accepted it the next day. Been BB Heaven ever since
    12-11-10 11:02 PM
    First one for me too... NO issues at all. Solid, responsive.
    In fact always have had the same experience with all my BBs tbh. '

12-12-10 10:13 PM
    First shot was a winner. Just had a slight wobble, which was quickly remedied with the itty-bitty-strip-of-foam trick, and it's been just fine ever since.
    12-12-10 10:43 PM
    First shot was a winner. Just had a slight wobble, which was quickly remedied with the itty-bitty-strip-of-foam trick, and it's been just fine ever since.
    Can you share the itty-bitty-strip-of-foam trick? I actually would love to utilize this one, and have yet to hear of it

...but dont you find it weird that you have to use foam to fix a brand new phone?
    Last edited by shamoo711; 12-12-10 at 11:22 PM.
    12-12-10 10:45 PM
    My first one had a bad battery and wouldn't charge (granted it was refurbished, but they should still double check). I've bought refurbs from ATT before with no problem too.

I'm now waiting for the second one to arrive tomorrow, and hopefully this one will work.
    12-12-10 10:59 PM
    first one no problems got it 2 weeks ago and i didnt know the blackberry torch had problems until i read this topic
    12-12-10 11:27 PM
    Got my first one I think about a week after launch. Mexico 4 build. Started off OK but the slider started to get a very loose after about 15 or 20 days. Then the front panel for the call, BB menu, back, and end buttons started lifting off. Was running .141 with all it's issues but otherwise no problems.

Took it back and AT&T swapped it out with no questions asked and even let me keep my old battery, so now I have two batterys . Second one is Mexico 5 build. Very solid slider right out of the box. Has a "minor wrinkle" in the front panel right above the track pad, but has been OK with no lifting and doesn't affect track pad usage.

I've upgraded to every leaked / released OS and currently on .337. I had loss of BIS while running .246 after loading up a few apps (never knew exactly which app caused it). Did a full wipe and reinstall of .246 and the BIS issue went away. I then went to .337, added Berryweather, Dictionary.com, capture it, and a few themes. Since the reinstall I've had zero BIS or software issues with this second device.

Runs flawless with excellent battery life and call quality. No serious lagging, lockups, SMS bugs, or email problems on any of the 5 email accounts currently running on my device. Hardly if ever have to do a battery pull except if changing themes. Very satisfied so far.

The only real bummer is last week my Torch number two took a 3 foot drop to the tile floor in my family room (slipped off the edge of a table). No visible damage but now the slider is loose. I did the electrical tape fix. It's partially OK but now has noticeable up and down movement (worse on one side). I'm keeping my eye on it and if it gets worse, I'll do a warranty replacement on it and hope the replacement is better.

I've owned many phones and 4 different BB's and dropped them many times. My Pearl once took a 10 foot drop to concrete. Parts popped off the thing everywhere. I snapped it all back together and the thing worked perfectly. It worries me that one drop with the Torch, (which I consider to be relatively minor as far as dropped phones go) caused the slider to get loose to the point of needing the tape applied for a pseudo fix.

I now have concerns regarding how well the 9800 will be after a few drops and lots of sliding that keyboard up and down after a years use. Otherwise, really happy and the 9800 is a nice BB experience.
    12-12-10 11:34 PM
    ive had no build or hardware problems with the Torch i purchased in store. has anyone replaced their Torch due to crappy battery life? im about to replace mine if the new battery i just got doesnt help improve things.
    12-13-10 01:08 AM
    Second time was a charm for me. Initial Blackberry Torch I purchased was on launch day gave me huge battery drain issues and the initial OS made the phone feel very sluggish and laggy at times. None of that is happening with my 2nd Torch. I am very glad I given the torch another chance.
    12-13-10 10:15 AM
    First Torch on release date has worked great ever since.
    12-13-10 01:27 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD