How long does your torch battery last? How much do you use it?

I use it mostly for bbm and messaging, bit of browsing, hardly any calling, and I only get 2 days. Is that normal?
    01-23-11 01:09 PM
    I've made a few calls. All about 10 minutes or longer. Bit of browsing, Facebook, messaging, lots of Brick Breaker while on the toilet.
    I'm on hour 36. My battery is sitting at 50% right now.
    01-23-11 01:12 PM
    Is "not nearly long enough" a legit answer? I'm usually dead before 12 hours.
    01-23-11 01:19 PM
    Two days is quite good with this phone. I use mine for moderate emailing and browsing, light texting and calling, and I could go two days with some left over most of the time, but I usually plug it in every night anyway. Very seldom do I have less than 75% at the end of a typical day. I find Odesys Backgammon, one of my favorite outhouse time-wasters which was written for OS5 but does run on OS6, seems to eat up more battery than anything else. Ahh, the price of productivity.
    01-23-11 01:22 PM
    Yep, same here.....
    01-23-11 01:22 PM
    I second that statement. I wish I got two days of battery life... I usually have 20% left by end of day and I'm not a heavy user.
    01-23-11 02:00 PM
    I can probably get 2 days. I do texting, email, light web browsing, and lots of BBM. I use 2G primarily. 3G drains it extremely fast.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 02:53 PM
    Light to moderate phone calls, bbm, fb, ubertwitter, email some texting. Smart wifi, batteryicon , berrybuzz and bbweather running in the background. 11hrs up time down to around 50%. I can live with that!
    01-23-11 03:04 PM
    I play blackjack and that's it and i only have 20% at end of day. Don't have weather on or anything else.. what could be draining the battery

I second that statement. I wish I got two days of battery life... I usually have 20% left by end of day and I'm not a heavy user.
    01-23-11 03:35 PM
    Light on phone calls usually but very heavy on text, emails, fb, and internet. I always keep it on 3G although don't use wifi or bluetooth. I can easily get through my day and if I forget to plug in my phone at night for whatever reason, I can usually make it through most of the next day (or all of it if I cut back just a bit).

01-23-11 03:37 PM
    I play blackjack and that's it and i only have 20% at end of day. Don't have weather on or anything else.. what could be draining the battery
    I used to be one of those who got 2 days now I get this same thing where it's drained at the end of the day. How come it's so hit or miss?
    01-23-11 03:43 PM
    I found it was google maps that drained my battery, I found that if I went to swtich apps this showed me what was currently running and it was Google maps, GPS apps all tend to kill the battery.
    My battery was draining after 6 hrs now I get about 3 days with fairly moderate phone, text browsing.
    Another thing that kills the battery is leaving facebook on automatic feeds update same with twitter
    01-23-11 03:52 PM
    I found it was google maps that drained my battery, I found that if I went to swtich apps this showed me what was currently running and it was Google maps, GPS apps all tend to kill the battery.
    My battery was draining after 6 hrs now I get about 3 days with fairly moderate phone, text browsing.
    Another thing that kills the battery is leaving facebook on automatic feeds update same with twitter
    Anything that runs in the background and constantly updates will drain the battery (GPS, Facebook, Twitter, Social Feeds, Google Sync and Maps, BBM Groups, etc.). 3G drains the battery also, mainly because when you lose a 3G signal and drop to EDGE the phone is constantly looking to grab a 3G signal.

I keep mine on 2G only, GPS off, no updating apps except BerryWeather (once an hour), screen brightness on 0, timeout at 20 seconds, heavy BBM usage (no groups), moderate texting, email and internet usage and a few phone calls a day and I can easily go 2 days on a single charge.
    01-23-11 06:04 PM
    Anything that runs in the background and constantly updates will drain the battery (GPS, Facebook, Twitter, Social Feeds, Google Sync and Maps, BBM Groups, etc.). 3G drains the battery also, mainly because when you lose a 3G signal and drop to EDGE the phone is constantly looking to grab a 3G signal.

I keep mine on 2G only, GPS off, no updating apps except BerryWeather (once an hour), screen brightness on 0, timeout at 20 seconds, heavy BBM usage (no groups), moderate texting, email and internet usage and a few phone calls a day and I can easily go 2 days on a single charge.
    I have my brightness on 0, time out at 10 seconds, no GPS, no updating apps, and I have to recharge every night.
    01-23-11 06:08 PM
    Auto update social feed turned off, wifi scan off, no movie, no music, just bbm, email, 10 calls per day, and 20mb of internet per day. My torch lasted about 2.5 days with 15 per cent juice left.

01-23-11 06:17 PM
    I have my brightness on 0, time out at 10 seconds, no GPS, no updating apps, and I have to recharge every night.
    What kind of usage? Do you have 3G on? 3G was by far the biggest battery drain on my phone in my personal experience, which is why I keep it off. Roughly around a 20% more per day drain on my battery with it on.
    01-23-11 06:19 PM
    What kind of usage? Do you have 3G on? 3G was by far the biggest battery drain on my phone in my personal experience, which is why I keep it off. Roughly around a 20% more per day drain on my battery with it on.
    Pretty much the same as you except 2G & 3G is on. However I've always had that on and I used to get 2 days worth of battery out of it.
    01-23-11 06:27 PM
    I easily get 2+ days, I charge every other day. I have set it on 2G though.
    01-23-11 07:43 PM
    I get 2.5 days. I have twitter on in the background; text frequently; get calls frequently; 2G & 3G on; watch videos; brightness at 50% timeout at 45 sec. Once I changed my brightness & timeout settings, I gained more battery life.

01-23-11 08:37 PM
    Yah, I have numerous apps(some updating every 30 -60 min), several groups, and calls as well. But, around 40%, I'm looking for a charger.
    01-23-11 08:54 PM
    I get 2.5 days. I have twitter on in the background; text frequently; get calls frequently; 2G & 3G on; watch videos; brightness at 50% timeout at 45 sec. Once I changed my brightness & timeout settings, I gained more battery life.

How does the battery life shift from 2 days to people who scarcely use any apps to people who have settings like this?
    01-23-11 08:55 PM
    Location, Location, Location. It all depends on what kind of service people have in different areas. 99 times out of 100 it is radio communication that will drain any phone fast. I used to get 2 days on a charge on my curve with pretty heavy usage but I had BT and WiFi turned off. Now I just make it to the end of the day because I turned WiFi back on because web browsing over 2G non stop on an 8530 is enough to break anyone's spirit lol

Last edited by Titaniumedge; 01-23-11 at 09:33 PM.
    01-23-11 09:30 PM
    How does the battery life shift from 2 days to people who scarcely use any apps to people who have settings like this?
    When I first got it, battery life would last only about a day. I decided to try lowering the settings,and found near the end of the night (2am), that I was sometimes still at 75%. Busier days at 50%. But at the end of the second day it would be at 25%. Fully charged by morning.

01-24-11 03:11 AM
    I generally use my Torch for email, light texting, and light phone usage. I use the internet a little. I get 2.5 -3 days before I charge again.
    01-24-11 06:54 AM
    I don't make a lot of phone calls... maybe a couple a day. I use the data pretty heavily and I last a day easily, a day and a half if I don't charge overnight. I hate to tax the battery by charging too much, so I'll often go that day and a half. I can charge at work.
    01-24-11 08:47 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD