I'm a fairly heavy user but i've set it up so it switches itself off at 11pm and back on at 7am. Doing this I get 2 days out of it before I have to charge it.
    12-19-10 07:47 AM
    Most of the time my Torch has awesome battery life, as long as I don't overdo the power sucking apps (BBM is definitely one). I can usually make it two full days when using a sleep holster.

But there are seemingly random times when battery drain seems to kick in. Battery temp climbs into the mid-30s and life drops accordingly. I think this happens when I carry the device in a pocket. Strange, but it seems like battery temperature rise causes the drain, rather than the drain causing the temp increase. And this happens both with the OB case and naked device.

Last night was similar. Device was very warm after carrying in my pocket. BB Meter showed 38 degree battery and drain about 18% / hr. I checked running apps and nothing unusual was running. I then placed the phone on a cold surface in a cold vehicle (outside temps in single digits), and within minutes temp dropped along with battery drain.
    12-19-10 09:07 AM
    Usually I can make it from 7-9:00AM to 10:00PM with about 40% left over, but if I overdo it on the processor intense games then it's dead after around 14 hours... (the worst battery life I had was one day that it lasted just under 10 hours of intense gaming, wazing, and flying between apps while music was playing)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 12:57 PM
    I charge it every night, that's my habit. I'm a heavy user, 2-3 hours of phone calls, 30-50 incoming e-mails/day, some web browsing, google maps, PIM. Unplug about 7 am, re-plug at 12 pm with 30-40%.

Using habits:
    - I only use it on 2g (switch to 3g on browsing)
    - BBM, WinLive Messenger constantly running
    - SocialFeed not installed
    - no auto-update on Facebook, Twitter
    12-19-10 03:28 PM
    I get 16 hours of use, when I plug it in to the charger at night before bed, I have around 15 to 20 percent left. So from 630am to 1130pm.

12-19-10 09:43 PM
    I charge mine every other day whether it needs it or not. No themes and just a couple of apps, I leave it turned on all night. I'm still at 80% and 24 hours since coming of the charger.
    12-20-10 07:02 AM
    About 1 day now..give �r take.

Used to be half a day and I got rid of my habit of leaving applications on.

Not a lot of phonecalls though...probably half day as well if the day gets busy

12-20-10 07:20 AM
    I think I have a problem with the phone. I took the phone off from charger at 3PM today and now it is 8 PM and the battery is at 55 percent right now. I only used the phone for 20 minutes on the train (was reading the offline webpage) made 1 minute phone call and browsed internet in the cafe for about 6 minutes.I just got this phone yesterday with the line upgrade from ATT and currently running 6.0.0.246 It's not even anywhere close to what I had on my 9700. I am not running any background apps except beweather that updates once in 30 minutes. Any suggestiongs or reccomendations would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by trevalkin; 12-21-10 at 06:57 PM.
    12-21-10 06:42 PM
    Can easily make it through the day, even spending a lot of time in a weak signal area and running a 1-2 hour long phone call.
    12-21-10 06:43 PM
    2 full days with 10-20 percent battery left before I put it back on charge again. Pretty heavy usage as I text, tweet and facebook a lot!

12-21-10 08:03 PM
    Wow people report 2 full days with heavy usage! I guess I'll have to call to ATT tomorrow for a replacement

12-21-10 09:35 PM
    I get about a day and a half with heavy usage of texting, browsing, emailing, and facebook. Three days with light-moderate use.

12-21-10 09:54 PM
    There seems to be bogus range of battery life testimony with the Torch. Mind last 2 solid days with heavy usage.
    12-22-10 01:35 AM
    There seems to be bogus range of battery life testimony with the Torch. Mind last 2 solid days with heavy usage.
    bogus? mine doesnt last more than 15 hours and its mostly idle. i dont even use it that much and it drains like ****. i think its a hardware issue, as im in the process of getting a replacement device from at&t.
    12-22-10 02:06 AM
    Put fully charged battery in nearly 23 hours ago, I'm down to 73%. Meterberry reports a discharge rate of 1.2%/Hour. Light to moderate use texting and browsing.
    12-22-10 02:13 AM
    Mine usually lasts a full day. I have 3G and use WiFi at work. Usually lots of texting and Beejive all day. Only time it really drains is when I have iheartradio running.

12-22-10 04:50 AM
    Put fully charged battery in nearly 23 hours ago, I'm down to 73%. Meterberry reports a discharge rate of 1.2%/Hour. Light to moderate use texting and browsing.
    im JEALOUS!
    12-22-10 06:54 AM
    From what I've read in various threads and from hearing from other people I know that have the torch. Typical average meterberry drain percentage is anywhere from 2 to 5% an hour.

I personally am running in the 1.6% range with what I consider to be moderate usage. I was around 5.2% until I switched to BDHP v4.0 hybrid which halved my battery usage.
    12-22-10 08:03 AM
    A full day and then some, And that's doing some serious email, bbm and phone calls. The phone battery is amazing!
    12-22-10 08:18 AM
    I'm pretty much pampered for the battery life of my torch, I can say it last 24 hours,
    with the use of some apps like web browse, twitter,facebook, bbm and some text.
    12-22-10 09:18 AM
    From what I've read in various threads and from hearing from other people I know that have the torch. Typical average meterberry drain percentage is anywhere from 2 to 5% an hour.

I personally am running in the 1.6% range with what I consider to be moderate usage. I was around 5.2% until I switched to BDHP v4.0 hybrid which halved my battery usage.
    I'm running a hybrid too (Willyboy's) and was getting higher discharge rates ~2.5% until I made the switch from the stock .337 release.
    12-23-10 01:51 AM
    My Battery is fully charged at around 10pm on the night then by around the same time the following night im on less than 10%. This is with constant facebook & twitter through the day, texts, whatsapp,occasional calls, internet & BBM. My 9700 would be around 40-50% with the same usage.
    12-23-10 05:03 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD