this is just a question for all your torch users. i am debating between getting the torch and the new bold and i was wondering what kind of battery life you guy are getting with the torch? i know the 9780 is a tank when it comes to battery life and while i know the torch doesn't stack up i was wondering if it's enough to get you well through your days. also, it'd be cool if you guys could describe your typical daily usage too
    12-16-10 04:50 PM
    I am getting a full day. At first it was not so good but now it is much better.
    12-16-10 05:08 PM
    I can get more than two days though I have not pushed it that far in a while.
    12-16-10 05:10 PM
    Mine is a little different cause i am only using 2g since i am on tmobile but took it off at 8 this am and have been using it heavily for browsing (mostly wifi) talk, email, texting and its at 65% now at 5:10pm.
    12-16-10 05:10 PM
    I have to charge around 7:00 pm (start at 8:00 am). The Bold will last you longer. Hasn't been a problem because I have a car charger.
    12-16-10 05:11 PM
    how heavy is your daily usage, fass? like how much texting/calling/browsing do you usually do?
    12-16-10 05:17 PM
    I use mine very heavily all day and its about 30% after about a 9 hour day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 07:16 PM
    My torch is lasting me a full solid day from 8am to past midnight. Typical day involves emailing, bbm, FB, Twitter social media feed, web browsing occasionally, couple of phone calls usually around an hour or so, brick breaker, word mole. By the time I charge at around 1am the battery can be hovering anywhere from as high as 30% to as low as 15% depending on usage. I came from a blackberry bold 9700 so I was spoiled with my that phone lasting me 2 days with no charge but I have gotten accustomed to charging each night before bed so its really not much of an issue for me as far as battery life is concerned.
    persimmons91 likes this.
    12-16-10 07:18 PM
    im having a battery issue. mine under moderate use (some short phone calls, alot of BBM/SMS and emails) only lasts about 10-12 hours. it drains 10% per hour on average, whereas my coworkers Torch (who uses it heavier than me), only drains about 1% per hour. im beginning to think its a hardware issue though.
    12-16-10 07:38 PM
    I am a heavy user. I use relay on my phone for my work. I receive a lot emails daily, text constantly with my coworkers as well as my fam, I have apps that I need and use constantly and I also have to be on the internet a lot to look for new information as well as the usual news, sports and youtube. I get a full day plus. I easily go one day without issues and I get home the next day at mid-day and I have about 20%
    I highly recommended. Will u get better battery with the 9780? Yes, but if ur like me (don't needed more than 2 days) or an average user, then u won't have any problems.

Last edited by Calotag; 12-16-10 at 07:55 PM.
    12-16-10 07:52 PM
    how heavy is your daily usage, fass? like how much texting/calling/browsing do you usually do?
    I'm in wine sales and I am communicating with customers all day and referencing the internet as well as sending lots of texts and the emails are constant. And actually the battery is better than I originally stated because it's now after 9:00 pm and I'm still showing 25%. I work with a lot of iphone users and I can tell its the end of the day (around 6:00) because all their phones start dying. Not bashing iphone users but they do seem to always be running out of juice. Probably all those fart apps (I'm kiiidddding...)
    Last edited by fass; 12-16-10 at 08:13 PM.
    persimmons91 likes this.
    12-16-10 08:01 PM
    haha thanks everyone. it sounds like more of you are much heavier users than i will be so the torch should suit me just fine.
    12-16-10 09:14 PM
    I start my days at 5 and I can easily make it till about 8-9 in the evening after a day of moderate/heavy use.
    12-16-10 10:03 PM
    Yeah mine lasts about 14hrs. I do a lot of emails and texting. Moderate web browsing. Very little media playback and at least 2.5 hrs of calls a day.

12-16-10 10:03 PM
    15 hrs... Heavy browing... Usually left with about 20% when I charge... Towards the end of the day my usage drops when I'm home...

12-17-10 08:13 AM
    Currently I'm at 45% battery level. My ave discharge has been 2.3% / hour. This is over the last 24 hours. My usage is very heavy from 7 am to 8 pm. Numerous calls, about 50-75 text, over 100 emails, and a lot of browsing. Facebook and twitter on whenever I'm not in the office, and the phone in bedside mode when sleeping. I'm currently running Willyboy's hybrid OS. Also app memory loss has been -1.9 mb in the same time period.
    12-17-10 08:25 AM
    I'm getting about 10 hrs constant usage, then have to plug it in. But that's HEAVY usage for 10 hours.

12-17-10 09:01 AM
    I use my Torch quite a bit about 100 emails and 90 incoming/outgoing text messages and about 40 minutes of call a day with alot of wed browsing as well. Mine lasts about 36-40 hours
    12-17-10 09:26 AM
    Since I'm a power user, I usually get about a day's worth. I'm usually left with about 40% after my day is over.
    12-17-10 10:57 AM
    I loved my Palm Pre but my battery didnt last on a full charge longer than 8 hours and that was just being on only making a couple of calls! Now I LOVE MY BLACKBERRY TORCH! It last 2 days...I do have it set to automatically shut off from 1:00am-5:00 am. But other than that its great, I talk throughout the day, playing the mole word game, and check email, and a little bit of browsing, and it last a long time.
    12-17-10 11:03 AM
    I charge my phone every night out of habit. I take it off at 7AM before I go to work. Then I usually try to be in bed by midnight, and I still have more than 30% or so left.
    12-17-10 11:12 AM
    Wow, I charged mine fully. Did a bit of light texting, and made one 2 hour phone call and it's at 19% now. Is that normal? I thought the battery life was bad. After reading all these posts I'm thinking it's my phone!
    12-18-10 08:28 AM
    I Usually charge mine every night but last week was different. I left my house Monday got home Wednesday around 12pm it was in the red but was still alive! Definitely love this phones battery. When I had the captivate my phone would die within 12 hours of light use, I would have been screwed

12-18-10 12:46 PM
    Mine comes off the charger about 5:30 every morning and can get through until it goes back on about 10pm.....moderate use throughout the day.
    12-18-10 12:50 PM
    I usually get a full day (10 hrs) with my Torch- heavy email, BBM, web browsing and I make a lot of business calls, my day starts about 730. I do charge mid-day at work if I didn't charge the night before. If you charge your battery overnight, that should be good to get you through the day.

12-18-10 04:35 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD