Is it full HTML like on the computer and better than the bold 9700 running OS 5? I'm thinking of getting the White Torch wen it's time for me to upgrade.
    02-08-11 06:59 PM
    For me. I don't find any difference in rendered pages on the 9800 than on my desktop. But I am not all that much into it.
    02-08-11 07:24 PM
    Is it full HTML like on the computer and better than the bold 9700 running OS 5? I'm thinking of getting the White Torch wen it's time for me to upgrade.
    Night and day. Go see one at the store.
    You do know that you can put OS6, with the new webkit browser, on your 9700, don't you?
    02-08-11 07:38 PM
    If you haven't read the Torch review, you should take a look at it before you make your decision.

BlackBerry Torch Review | CrackBerry.com

I don't "surf" with my Torch browser since I find small screens unpleasant for that, and the Torch can be a little slow for that to be an enjoyable experience. I find it works perfectly well though when you receive a tweet or message with a url in it. It may take a bit longer to load the page than the iPhone does, but you'll get what you need. It's significantly better than your Bold, especially the double-tap for zooming and re-aligning text.
    02-08-11 07:40 PM
    ^ That video was when the Torch had its first OS and yes, it WAS not good. You know its not the same as that now.
    My Torch loads many uncached websites faster than my coworkers iPhone 4. his iPhone loads some faster than my Torch. We called it a tie.
    You should consider updating your OS.
    02-08-11 07:48 PM
    Night and day. Go see one at the store.
    You do know that you can put OS6, with the new webkit browser, on your 9700, don't you?
    Yeah but I always get the page is too big to load error. That's why I asked about the 9800

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 08:49 PM
    Yeah but I always get the page is too big to load error. That's why I asked about the 9800

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm just on the official AT&T os - .246 and I've never gotten an error like that on a web page. The browser is very nice. The bb I had before was a curve 8300 so the browser is out of this world compared to what I had on that.
    I also had an iphone 3gs and the browser is comparable to it. The Torch flows/renders pages well....and I'm not usually on wifi - only 3G.

I'm on the internet A LOT and it has served me well, so I don't think you'd be disappointed with what you are coming from and might expect. But like it was already said, go into a store and try it out yourself. Take it for a spin and see.
    02-08-11 09:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD