Just wanted to share with you guys how I solved my wiggle problem.

I slid the keyboard out and on the top slider part, on the back of it, I stuck two stamps on top of each other. I guess stickers would work too...

Wiggle problem solved. Feels solid now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 07:32 PM
    I did the same..minus the stamps lol. At first I used electrical tape which worked great..but then decided to spice it up a bit and got myself a cool decal and cut it to size and used it. Now I've got a "personalized" Torch without any wiggle. The reason this solution is the best imo is because when the slider closes, the tape or decal applies upward pressure to the top of the slider, thus forcing the bottom of the slider (where most of the wobbling occurs) tighter..without causing any unnecessary stress on the sliding mechanism.

EDIT: I never had any wiggle until I dropped the phone from about 4' onto linoleum..which mustve loosened something up.

10-17-10 10:17 PM
    Let's see some photos!

10-17-10 10:32 PM
    That's ok. Mine doesn't wiggle...

10-17-10 10:54 PM
    Would like to see some photos too...I don't have a wiggle per say but when the slide is closed and I push the botton left side to a side it feels like it wud move..

10-17-10 11:07 PM
    Let's see some photos!

Here it is
    10-18-10 08:51 AM
    mine wiggles mostly when its open, don't see how this tape/sticker thing could work for myself
    10-18-10 09:56 AM
    mine wiggles mostly when its open, don't see how this tape/sticker thing could work for myself
    Ya..this is more of a solution for the wiggle in the closed position..the one that gives the feel of the ol' Storm Surepress.
    10-18-10 10:17 AM
    Wow that's hot

10-18-10 10:31 AM
    I did the same..minus the stamps lol. At first I used electrical tape which worked great..but then decided to spice it up a bit and got myself a cool decal and cut it to size and used it. Now I've got a "personalized" Torch without any wiggle. The reason this solution is the best imo is because when the slider closes, the tape or decal applies upward pressure to the top of the slider, thus forcing the bottom of the slider (where most of the wobbling occurs) tighter..without causing any unnecessary stress on the sliding mechanism.

EDIT: I never had any wiggle until I dropped the phone from about 4' onto linoleum..which mustve loosened something up.

Dropped mine onto the driveway took a nice gash out of the top bezel and screen lock button. Wiggle was really bad after, stuck some hockey tape on the back and it's perfect again! Now just need to fix up that road rash..
    10-18-10 12:19 PM

Here it is
    Dude that is win!

I love that design..

You could start selling these custom Torch graphics, that have a dual purpose, stop the wiggle, and art.

Since i came up with the idea, i get the first one, free.

10-18-10 06:14 PM
    Yeah man. That would be a sweet idea. You could do logos, sports teams, artwork, etc. It would be awesome.

10-18-10 06:36 PM
    Can someone describe the type of wiggle that is fixed by the tape? My Torch was solid when it arrived, but within 5 days it has loosed-up quite a bit - even without dropping it.

When I do any light tapping on the bottom part of the screen, I can feel the screen is rocking, and I hear a slight clicking sound as some metallic parts are hitting together.

This has started happening after 5 days. I hate to see how bad it will be after 5 months.
    10-18-10 06:44 PM
    Can someone describe the type of wiggle that is fixed by the tape? My Torch was solid when it arrived, but within 5 days it has loosed-up quite a bit - even without dropping it.

When I do any light tapping on the bottom part of the screen, I can feel the screen is rocking, and I hear a slight clicking sound as some metallic parts are hitting together.

This has started happening after 5 days. I hate to see how bad it will be after 5 months.
    If this slight clicking sound is when the sliders is closed..then that is the same issue I had (after dropping) and this fix has worked well for me so far.

The one thing I should point out is that due to varying degrees of thickness in stickers or decals..a thin strip of electrical tape under the decal may be required. But if you want to try it out to see if this "fix" resolves your issue then I would suggest just using 1 small strip of electrical tape to start at the very top portion of the "slider" (in the slid out position) and then close the slider and test it out. If it still has any play..then apply another one as needed and test it again. The small gap between the slider won't allow for much more than 2 strips I don't think. Its worth playing around with and trying out because it will either work or it won't..and won't cause any harm to the mechanism (as long as you don't get rammy and try to force it)

If it works..great..then you can feel to get creative with your own decals or stickers to "personalize" your Torch to your tastes.
    Last edited by Rickroller; 10-18-10 at 10:05 PM.
    10-18-10 10:03 PM
    Dude that sticker is sic man, I love the idea. My screen doesn't really wiggle a lot but that idea there is crazy. I can see my self with my giants logo there, pimp. Thumbs up
    10-19-10 09:22 AM
    does it matter where the sticker is or no?
    11-28-10 07:40 AM
    Where can we get these type of stickers? I have the exact same problem - slider can be moved left to right when closed. As a trial, I just stuck some 6-7 layers of ordinary duck-tape and the phone feels solid now. Would now like to get a good sticker and close the issue once for all..

This is my second torch (first one went back due to bad front buttons) and don't want to exchange if this solution can solve the problem.
    11-28-10 10:50 AM
    ^Using duct tape is probably not a good idea. 6-7 layers? That most be some serious wiggle. My second Torch which was pretty had for wiggle, was fine with 2 layers of electrical tape.

11-28-10 10:58 AM

And the wiggle is side-ways when the slider is closed. Should I just take it back? I got another week left in my 30 days.
    11-28-10 11:01 AM

And the wiggle is side-ways when the slider is closed. Should I just take it back? I got another week left in my 30 days.
    Depends on how much of a wiggle there is. If is less than 0.5mm then that seems to be pretty normal. If if it is really rolling around in the track then take it back. If you open the slider and grasp the base and give the phone a shake you will probably hear a rattle from the side to side movement. That appears to be normal too but again the movement when open shouldn't be anything more that about 0.5mm.

You could also at least go back and ask them to open up a box (if they will) to see if there is any difference to your phone.
    11-28-10 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD