So yea how do I get rid of those icons? I've searched all around the internet but still haven't found an answer to this. Help please.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-10 06:02 PM
    you mean the icons listed inside of My World?

Just hold ALT + RST
    12-16-10 06:03 PM
    you mean the icons listed inside of My World?

Just hold ALT + RST
    Yea I did that but nothing happend, I've still got those icons on My World

12-16-10 07:08 PM
    Yea I did that but nothing happend, I've still got those icons on My World

I also tried typing 34( on my world but nothing happened, just reloaded the app

12-16-10 07:26 PM
    You need to close your account on App World and then re-register. The only con is that you'll have to use a new username.
    12-16-10 07:43 PM
    ...and you lose the paid apps on app world too.
    12-16-10 07:57 PM
    this sucks balls, why doesnt rim do anything about it? Im pretty sure that i am not the only one who has that kind of problem.
    12-17-10 06:19 AM
    why would you want to get rid of it?? doesn't affect your system right? well just make the screen full.... CMIIW
    12-17-10 06:24 AM
    There has been numerous threads about this. In the new app world there is no way to remove the uninstalled app's section in app world now. The general thinking is that if you ever want to reinstall those app there right there at your fingertips.

ALT+rst does nothing anymore other then a force restart off app world.
    12-17-10 06:42 AM
    Blackberry and their "general thinking" vs giving consumers choice is what will lead them down the road of Palm, Yahoo, Microsoft, Netscape.... all innovators who thought too much what consumers want rather than reading posts like these and seeing consumers want the freedom too choose.
    12-17-10 06:48 AM
    wow...i guess i don't understand why it's such a problem.

they're not installed, and if you collapse that section, you never even see them.

i really don't think it's that serious.
    12-17-10 07:33 AM

they're not installed, and if you collapse that section, you never even see them.

agreed......
    12-17-10 12:48 PM
    I think the reason they track them is that if they didn't, your My World wouldn't track any apps you own except for the ones that are already installed...

Which makes it kinda pointless if you install App World on a clean system or a different system.
    12-17-10 12:50 PM

install Playboy apps on your gf bb and then try to delete it, you're screwed, lol.
    12-17-10 01:32 PM
    install Playboy apps on your gf bb and then try to delete it, you're screwed, lol.
    Exactly what I thought... Hahaha
    12-17-10 01:54 PM
    This has always worked for me. YMMV.

Open BB App World.

Scroll to My World.

Scroll down to your uninstalled list.

Select the app.

Choose reinstall.

Enter your login information.

As the app starts to download, make sure it's highlighted, and pressed your trackpad/trackball to pause the download. This step is just to ensure it doesn't completely download, especially if it's a small size app.

Click your BB key and select Cancel Download.

The download will cancel, and it will no longer show up in your list.

Hope this helps!
    12-20-10 03:55 PM
    Thanks, that helped me clean out a lot of stuff I tried and hated.
    12-20-10 10:14 PM
    I've noticed that the only app I can't get rid of using this method is a stupid Jared Co app. It's only 22kb and it downloads very fast. I have managed to pause it before the download bar is complete (but I have a feeling it's not very accurate) and for some reason it won't go away, either because the download never initially started or because it downloaded fully. Either way, next OS upgrade, I won't need to worry since I'll never install another Jared Co app again. For every other app I've tried, this little trick has worked beautifully.
    12-21-10 10:51 AM
    thanks! that worked perfectly.
    12-21-10 11:13 AM
    This has always worked for me. YMMV.

Open BB App World.

Scroll to My World.

Scroll down to your uninstalled list.

Select the app.

Choose reinstall.

Enter your login information.

As the app starts to download, make sure it's highlighted, and pressed your trackpad/trackball to pause the download. This step is just to ensure it doesn't completely download, especially if it's a small size app.

Click your BB key and select Cancel Download.

The download will cancel, and it will no longer show up in your list.

Hope this helps!
    I tried this this method and my uninstalled apps list was gone, Thanks. I then tried something, alt+RST App World reset now the Uninstalled apps are list is back, it almost worked.

12-21-10 07:35 PM
    For me the uninstalled list does have it uses, but the system needs a lot of improvement. First of all, either RIM should classify our apps into different categories in our list, and/or give us the option to make our own categories. If you've bought games on Steam you get what I mean.

The problem with the apps not going away in the uninstalled list is not just an aesthetic problem. Spanned over a period of time, the avid App World visitor would have a considerable number of apps on the list. It becomes a problem when you're looking for a single app through the entire list. Sure, we can use the search function, but doing that basically means we're not using the uninstalled list... which just shows how useless it is.

On top of that this problem is not confined just to the uninstalled list. After receiving an update for an app, I sometimes had to scroll down quite a bit to find the app. There should be a separate page or section which isolates the updated apps. An "Update All" function - basic and logical - also slipped through RIM's programming teams' minds.
    12-21-10 10:11 PM
    ive always been able to delete
    12-21-10 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD