HOw scratch resistant is the screen on the Torch?
    12-03-10 08:24 AM
    I personally don't want to find out. Main reason I bought a screen protector.

Your more then welcome to take any sharp object to the screen and find out, and post us the results.
    12-03-10 08:28 AM
    To put it simply...very. I've never used a screen protector or holstered it. I keep it in my coat or pants pocket and it doesn't have any scratches. I am careful with my possessions.
    This thread has plenty of opinions related to your question.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...-glass-521100/
    12-04-10 12:05 AM
    Been using it now for about 2 months, I've not push a screen protector on, but I do keep it holstered 99% of the time, although a few days I've had it in my pocket, but am careful as to what else is in there.. so far its perfect, but like any device even if they claim scratch proof, always best to protect it via cover or holster
    12-04-10 09:41 AM
    I've put mine in my pocket with change and keys all kinds of crap and the screen is perfect still .....do have scratches on the buttons at the bottom but not the screen ....so id say its pretty durable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 10:33 AM
    well i dropped my torch face down on the pavement at a gas station in Atlanta a few months back and it kinda nicked the edge but the screen remains flawless...so id say its pretty durable
    12-04-10 10:49 AM
    When I had my Torch 2 weeks ago I put a transparent screen protector on it as I did not even wanna test its scratch proof durability. Don't wanna spoil the glory of your new phone do you? Im sure it wasn't cheap.

My advice, don't test it, protect it, get that screen protector. If its a good one and transparent you will never even notice it dude.
    12-04-10 10:53 AM
    I always just put the phone in my pocket, no screen protector, until I got the sleeve for it. Never had an issue until last week I suddenly have some very small pits in the screen so it is definitely not scratch proof, although it is much more durable than most phone screens.
    12-04-10 05:27 PM
    Great screen protectors are available in many stores on the web. They can be had for pennies and work really well in keeping the screen clean and preventing scratches and pits. I've had one on since the first day (release date 8/12) Highly recommended.
    12-04-10 05:42 PM
    agreed with all above - why test it... get a protector... you can get so many from ebay for just a few dollars.

ive always had them on all my phones - even ones that say they are 100% scratch proof - why take the risk?
    12-04-10 06:06 PM
    yup, all it takes is 1 scratch deeps enough to refract the lights from the screen and it will drive you nuts.
    12-04-10 06:34 PM
    Lets see. Dropped it at the pool in vegas. fell out of my hand as I was distracted gettin out of my car,landed face down in a puddle, and was knocked unceremoniously out of my hands by someone who didn't appreciate me BBMing all the time. One nick out of the corner where it fell at the pool,but other that that its great. BTW my phone is in my pocket with keys and change almost all the time. Not very bright, but it seems to put up with so much abuse I just keep pushing the envelope
    12-04-10 06:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD