How can I prevent the Torch from taking some unwanted action when I pull it out of the holster? I tried using the screen lock button, but it automatically unlocks when I pull it out of the holster. If my hand touches anything on the screen, the Torch reacts. If I pull it out "just right", it returns to the last place it was, which is the correct behavior. the problem is that I can't generally not touch a part of the screen when unholstering. It is driving me crazy. there must be a way.
    01-15-11 03:05 PM
    use a locking app like patternlock or something, that way the screen will be locked when you take it out
    01-15-11 03:38 PM
    Change to a different theme. There are several nice themes out there that let you control your phone, not the other way around.
    01-15-11 03:40 PM
    add a password lock.
    01-15-11 03:47 PM
    I had the problem wit otterbox men the phone was crazy locking and unlocking every time.
    Now with the gtr i use the lock key and put it in my pocket and it stay that way until its taken out again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-11 04:02 PM
    I'm a huge fan of Patternlock. I've never had a problem with battery drain or anything of the sort. It's totally customizableand you can even integrate it with BerryWeather. Definitely worth checking out.

01-15-11 04:42 PM
    I suggest an AGF case. As another poster in this thread stated, if you're using an Otter Commuter, that's the culprit.
    01-15-11 05:13 PM
    +1 on finding a new theme.

I personally find the stock theme absolutely horrendous. The probability of pressing something on the screen when just picking up the device is very high.

There are plenty of themes that have "hotspots" to touch and none are on the top portion of the screen(where you would grab to unholster, most likely).
    01-15-11 07:02 PM
    I use pattern lock and berry slider. If I'm not using the phone much I use pattern lock for security. I've found that berry slider is easier to use when using the device often.

01-16-11 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD