11-29-10 12:44 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    I see tons of people posting about using the holsters from their previous BBs. I did the same with my 9700 case before I picked up the OEM 9800 one.

Just a minor warning that the magnet placement is different with the Torch.
    So it's not going into Standby quite as quickly and/or coming out of Standby too soon (while still partially in the case), which leads to a greater amount of accidental selections being made. I kept pulling my Torch out of my 9700 case and wondering why this or that app was now open.
    They work, it's just not quite as good.

Of course, if you use a BerrySlider or PatternLock type app, it probably stops this from happening too...
    I do use Patternlock & I have both of the OEM cases. But my favorite case of all time is from fortte for the Cingular 8525 (HTC Tytn). No magnets, but it's classy &, because of the design, has worked with every smartphone I've owned (8525, Treo Pro with & without extended battery, Tilt2 with & without extended battery, Torch). I think they've EOLed that case, it's no longer on the regular side menu lists. They do make cases for the Torch: Leather pda cases for your Blackberry Torch 9800, Flip Style for Blackberry Torch 9800, Lateral Pouch for Blackberry Torch 9800, Le Soft for Blackberry Torch 9800, STiL Vertical Pouch for Blackberry Torch 9800, Thin Pocket for Blackberry Torch 9800 a .
    Last edited by kraski; 11-26-10 at 10:09 PM.
    11-26-10 10:04 PM
    Oh I forgot to mention that there are some 3rd party holsters with magnets.
    Any Seidio (Innocase or non-Innocase) holsters have the sleeper magnets.
    I'm not sure on other brands, but please chime in if you're aware of others.
    11-26-10 10:19 PM
    screen protector, then straight inside my chanel
    11-26-10 10:21 PM
    otterbox commuter case and on the pocket

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-10 02:00 AM
    in the BBerry leather pouch.
    no protection on the screen
    generally in my back pocket or just in the hand.
    11-27-10 06:07 AM
    The free RED case I got from my new provider, which makes the Torch a perfect fit with my previous Seidio Innocase face-in holster from the Storm1.

First thing I did was put the screen protector on.
    11-28-10 08:12 PM
    You should not be keeping the torch in your pant pocket. because its a slider when each side is in contact with a different surface and you move, it will ruin the slider.
    11-28-10 08:58 PM
    Naked...well almost. Cheap $4 Screen protector from Ebay. In the front pocket of my Coach bag. If I'm carrying light I bought a pouch thingy that holds ID and credit card and Torch fits perfect. It has a lanyard on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 09:34 PM
    im now using the bb torch holster with the little red stich on the side.. works great!!!
    11-29-10 12:44 AM
84 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD