OEM 9800 case, always clipped onto my right front pocket.
    11-24-10 05:07 AM
    Knock-off hard case in 9000 holster on my hip. Really need to get screen protector! I just really hate them, but need to bite the bullet or I'm sure I will regret it...

On a side note, I wonder if they have an official medical term for "phantom hip vibrations"? Get's really annoying taking the phone out of the holster for no reason.
    I notice them, once in awhile, when I can see my phone on my desk. It only seems to happen when I've used the OEM holster on my belt for awhile. If I use the Otterbox or OEM pocket holster, in a pocket, I don't get those.

On another note, a question. Has anyone tried the ecolife vitalit side case? There are times when a side case would be more comfortable. There are 8 ratings in the Crackberry store, but only 2 reviews -- one from long before the Torch, the other indicating the magnets didn't work for the Storm 2. So, I'm wondering about build quality & if the magnets work for the Torch.
    11-24-10 09:06 AM
    As a Paramedic/Firefighter my phone ends up in all sorts pf places. I have it in a otter box now which I hate because I am on my third face plate piece. If any one has any other suggestions for a good sturdy case for the torch please let me know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 11:32 AM
    As a Paramedic/Firefighter my phone ends up in all sorts pf places. I have it in a otter box now which I hate because I am on my third face plate piece. If any one has any other suggestions for a good sturdy case for the torch please let me know.

I can relate to your need for a secure case. I understand especially when your primary concern is possibly a life/death situation. Overall, probably the best case for you would be the 9700 case already mentioned in this thread.

In the heat of the moment, the last thing you want to be concerned with is the belt clip breaking on you or loosing your Blackberry.

This case will not leave your belt unless you take it off.
    11-24-10 12:10 PM
    i've mentioned this in another thread: i'm rocking the CaseMate 'Barely There' case in an original Curve (8300 series) leather holster on my right hip!

here's a video of the setup:

11-24-10 12:22 PM
    I can relate to your need for a secure case. Overall, probably the best case for you would be the 9700 case already mentioned in this thread.
    In the heat of the moment, the last thing you want to be concerned with is the belt clip breaking on you or loosing your Blackberry. This case will not leave your belt unless you take it off.
    Without a skin or case directly on the device, the 9800 OEM holster is the best-made, most snug holster RIM has produced.

I would also recommend Seidio. (BL, I remember you already use a Seidio spring-clip on your naked 9800� this is directed at the other poster.)

The "standard" Seidio Innocase is great and there is a matching Innocase holster which has the "sleeper magnets."
    Seidio has 2 other lines with even greater protection: Active and Rugged. These typically come out later. You can check if they're released yet at seidioonline.com.

Also, Best Buy has a house line called Platinum Series. This is actually made for them by Seidio. It is the same as an Innocase, but might have different lines to make it different. Check the Best Buy website to see if the Torch version is out yet.
    11-24-10 12:28 PM
    Invisible Shield (screen only)... front pants pocket.

I'm still trying to figure out if the Torch's front screen is like that of the Storm's, scratch-proof. If so,off comes the IS, and it's fully bareback for me! Yipee-kai-yay, mother fu... er, uh, nevermind.
    Sorry, McLean, no yippee-kai-yay� the Torch's front screen is not the same material as the Storm's pliable, flexible screen. The Torch's is absolutely more scratchable.

Screen protector recommended for walking barefoot on glass, climbing elevator shafts, swinging on fire hoses, blowing up aircraft, fighting in the snow, and all other manner of similarly unexpected activities.
    mataleao likes this.
    11-24-10 12:45 PM
    Without a skin or case directly on the device, the 9800 OEM holster is the best-made, most snug holster RIM has produced.

I would also recommend Seidio. (BL, I remember you already use a Seidio spring-clip on your naked 9800� this is directed at the other poster.)

The "standard" Seidio Innocase is great and there is a matching Innocase holster which has the "sleeper magnets."
    Seidio has 2 other lines with even greater protection: Active and Rugged. These typically come out later. You can check if they're released yet at seidioonline.com.

Also, Best Buy has a house line called Platinum Series. This is actually made for them by Seidio. It is the same as an Innocase, but might have different lines to make it different. Check the Best Buy website to see if the Torch version is out yet.

Lol. I've broken soooo many belt clips over the years.......even without the help of "love-handles".
    11-24-10 12:48 PM
    With pride and swagger...
    Btw I actually have an OEM 9800 leather holster worn on my left rear hip. That's until I decide what "soft-touch" hard case (ie Seidio Innocase) I'm going to get.
    This BB spends waaay less time holstered than my 3 previous� I can't seem to put it down!

I currently have the Case-Mate anti-scratch, anti-glare screen protector. (Avail at AT&T stores or online)
    I'm not happy with its cut� I'm interested in checking out this Wrapsol screen protector too.
    Otherwise, I'll probably order one from Clarivue.
    11-24-10 12:56 PM
    In an old Palm case that gives excellent screen protection but too much bulk. Going to order the stealth full body skin as soon as I get home
    11-24-10 05:03 PM
    i carry it by hand! :P
    11-24-10 05:10 PM
    i carry it by hand! :P
    You crazy maverick!
    11-24-10 05:18 PM
    same way I carried my iPhone. a Seidio Innocase with holster that let's me carry it face-in....no screen protector necessary.

the absolute best carry option I have found for a cell phone..
    11-24-10 10:19 PM
    same way I carried my iPhone. a Seidio Innocase with holster that let's me carry it face-in....no screen protector necessary.

the absolute best carry option I have found for a cell phone..
    To each their own, but I'd highly recommend spending the few bucks on a screen protector. Seidio Innocase is an awesome product, but the screen protector is for when it's out of the holster, i.e. in use.
    11-25-10 03:24 AM
    Thank you for the input guys. I have the OEM holster that came with my Bold 9700. My torch fits in it well enough. I will be using that then. Yeah and with my line of work screen protectors are a must.

11-25-10 06:37 AM
    I have a OEM case, but I carry my Torch bareback. When I'm out, I throw it in a special pocket in my purse.

LOL
    I always find the geek reference kinda funny.

You guys do realize were all wasting time on a forum dedicated to smart phones?

That by definition makes us all geeks.
    I am not a geek, I prefer dork :P
    11-25-10 11:09 AM
    I have a OEM case, but I carry my Torch bareback. When I'm out, I throw it in a special pocket in my purse.

I am not a geek, I prefer dork :P
    Geek or dork, I really hope you're female�
    11-25-10 11:23 AM
    use a Screen Protector & oem bold 9000 holster for the time being though have ordered Nite Ize Rugged Case for Blackberry
    11-25-10 01:06 PM
    Using an OEM leather pouch and usually carry it in my front pants pocket, or jacket pocket, if it isn't in my hand.

The one thing I've noticed is that the Torch doesn't lock when I put it into the pouch. Is the the same for all the OEM holsters/pouch?
    11-25-10 02:28 PM
    The one thing I've noticed is that the Torch doesn't lock when I put it into the pouch. Is the the same for all the OEM holsters/pouch?
    Are you using the actual OEM pouch for the 9800, or for a different model?
    11-25-10 02:59 PM
    Knock-off hard case in 9000 holster on my hip. Really need to get screen protector! I just really hate them, but need to bite the bullet or I'm sure I will regret it...

On a side note, I wonder if they have an official medical term for "phantom hip vibrations"? Get's really annoying taking the phone out of the holster for no reason.
    Believe it or not Phantom Vibration Syndrome is what its called aka vibranxiety (I know sounds like a personal problem) or ringanxiety.

Back on track here I tried the OEM holster as suggested and yeah that is not going to work. I wear a wide thick duty belt and found the holster falling off while properly clipped in. I will be trying out this...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-AGF-GRT-Hard-Case-Blackberry-Torch-9800-Blue-Chrome-/150506038272?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item230adbe40 0 ... I've seen some good reviews on it.

11-25-10 04:40 PM
    I use the OEM bold 2 9700 holster which fits perfectly. I hate keeping my phone in my pockets because I have keys and change in there and it can get damaged.

11-26-10 10:03 AM
    I am super glad I have a screen protector and case on my Torch because on Wednesday I stupidly left my one year old daughter alone with my phone which was sitting on an end table. I had left a half a can of soda next to it, so, little miss inquisitive reached over to grab the can and knocked it over RIGHT ONTO MY PHONE! Eeeeeeeeek!
    The liquid somehow managed to not actually get inside the case and just beaded up on the screen protector. Neither of the liquid exposure indicators activated. I am SO relieved. I have insurance on my line because I have a curious child (and am a klutz) but better to not have to fork over the deductible and go without a phone for a day or two. Phew!
    11-26-10 01:14 PM
    Knock-off hard case in 9000 holster on my hip.
    Otterbox commuter with the blackberry 9000 case... FTW
    i usually carry my Torch in my old 9700 case clipped to my belt(right side)
    I use the OEM bold 2 9700 holster which fits perfectly.
    I see tons of people posting about using the holsters from their previous BBs. I did the same with my 9700 case before I picked up the OEM 9800 one.

Just a minor warning that the magnet placement is different with the Torch.
    So it's not going into Standby quite as quickly and/or coming out of Standby too soon (while still partially in the case), which leads to a greater amount of accidental selections being made. I kept pulling my Torch out of my 9700 case and wondering why this or that app was now open.
    They work, it's just not quite as good.

Of course, if you use a BerrySlider or PatternLock type app, it probably stops this from happening too...
    11-26-10 08:28 PM
    Believe it or not Phantom Vibration Syndrome is what its called aka vibranxiety (I know sounds like a personal problem) or ringanxiety.

Back on track here I tried the OEM holster as suggested and yeah that is not going to work. I wear a wide thick duty belt and found the holster falling off while properly clipped in. I will be trying out this...
    New AGF GRT Hard Case Blackberry Torch 9800 Blue+Chrome - eBay (item 150506038272 end time Dec-11-10 13:11:45 PST) ... I've seen some good reviews on it.

I haven't seen anything that'll properly handle the size of a duty belt.

I almost was going to order that one, till I read a review (I think in this thread) that indicated it was a great case except the charging port hole doesn't line up properly and you have to remove it to charge the phone and that removal, over time, will create dings in the phone. Maybe I'm missing something, but I buy a case to protect my phone from dings. So, using one that creates them seems like defeating the purpose. I'd like to hear your experience with it. If the other poster's experience with it is wrong, I'd like to know that because I really like the way it looks & it seems to minimize bulk while adding a huge level of protection.
    11-26-10 09:41 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD