I can only email pics and videos Is there a way to send them in a regular message?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 09:36 PM
    When in a text message, click the blackberry button and select " attach " and you will be given a list of options, one of which is picture. Try that? I have no pics on my phone to try so I can't help ya further than that.
    09-30-10 10:07 PM
    In media, when you choose to send. Pick SMS it will put it in the SMS mode, ut will still send as media.
    09-30-10 10:08 PM
    There is no attach option when I press the bb button and in media when I press send it only says upload to youtube and bluetooth
    09-30-10 10:27 PM
    Do you have your content encrypted? See this thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/ca...h-help-531748/
    09-30-10 10:34 PM
    I just read through another thread of yours, and somewhere in the messages it said your 9800 was a work phone. Do you have an IT policy restricting these types of messages for security reasons? If you're unsure, can you ask someone at work who gave you the phone or is in the IT department if this is the case?

Also, if not the case...

Take a picture of the screen. When there's a camera and a red X and that's it at the bottom of your screen there, you have to push the back key. Now in the bottom left you'll see a tiny thumbnail "preview" of that picture. Push that bottom left corner; this is where you will hit the BlackBerry key and thumb up to Send... which has a > next to it. It will you the option for Email, Text Message, Twitter, etc. Selecting Text Message will open up everything for you, so just add someone who you would like to send your picture to and either hit the envelope with trailing green lines or bb key/send or trackpad in & trackpad in.

If this doesn't work, it'd have to be the IT policy. Please let us know how it goes!
    09-30-10 10:45 PM
    I can only email pics and videos Is there a way to send them in a regular message?

Aight then there's a couple different ways to do this. It really depends on where you are at on how you go about it. I use the actual keyboard cause my tumbs are to big for the virtual. Can we say major typo. Aight from here in the compose txt message at the bottom of the screen on the tool bar is a paperclip. That attaches media to the message. You can also use the menu key as well. If you are in the virtual keyboard mode you have the menu key to select attach. Now in your media folders select what you want to send by high lighting and going into menu then select send to then chose txt message. Hope this helps. My data is encrypted and I don't have any problems attaching media. Good luck

09-30-10 11:00 PM
    Yes I have an iphone 4 and my job gave me the torch. I can't use my iphone for work so I'm stuck with the torch but I've been having issues with sending multimedia messages. I'm an entertainment and model recruiter for armani exchange so I take alot of pics and vids of potential models and dj's and its just annoying to have to email 100 pics and vids a day. Sending an mms would me so much easier and convenient. i tried everything in the posts but nothing is working...IDK I guess I'm just stuck sending emails
    09-30-10 11:18 PM
    Again, check with your IT department. They may have put a policy on the phone blocking that ability. Perhaps you can convince them you need the feature.
    10-01-10 12:34 AM
    I guess at this point it's possible you could ask them to downgrade you to another model like the 9700/Bold. You may have more luck with an earlier device, if that's something they can do for you.
    10-01-10 11:49 AM
    you highlight whatever file you want hit menu>send>Text Messege

10-01-10 12:37 PM
    you highlight whatever file you want hit menu>send>Text Messege

It doesn't give you the option if the images are encrypted or if your company has an IT policy on the phone blocking it.
    10-01-10 12:41 PM
    correct
    my bad
    10-01-10 12:44 PM
    It doesn't give you the option if the images are encrypted or if your company has an IT policy on the phone blocking it.
    I have my card and device encrypted and have no problems sending pictures in any type of message. How would one go about blocking the phone from sending media? I would think that it would have to be done either on the device itself or the network doesn't support mms. If either of these is the case it leaves to a couple assumtions. If the option is able to be blocked from view then the os must have a regiistery or eeprom that you can edit. So this begs the question what to open and edit it with. My next assumetion and what I think is most likely is that RIM leaves out option in the os that isn't supported my the network or the devices are so smart that it can tell what is avaible and not and only show you what your actual option are. I've tried all night to block my phone from being able to send a picture and just can't do it. I've searched trying to see how I could do it and haven't come across anything. If the network doesn't support mms there's really no point going any further I would think. However I think I have a way of getting arouind a deviced blocked problem. Download the os and reinstall it. That should brang the option back. I'm still on version 141 maybe that's why I can't block my pictures from being sent. I'm a security nut. For no good reason just built that way I guess. I use as many chars in a password that supported and use numbers,letters, and symbols. My wife says I'm crazy. If I can block my media from being sent untell I unblock it I would love to do it.

10-01-10 01:26 PM
    it seems like his problem is his it network in his BES is locking him out...theres no point in responding nemore the guy is a moron no respect for the community he posted this link yesterday:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/i-...-forum-534551/

Mod's might as well close this post as well
    10-01-10 02:01 PM
    it seems like his problem is his it network in his BES is locking him out...theres no point in responding nemore the guy is a moron no respect for the community he posted this link yesterday:

That post is hilarious, seeing as how he posted it a half hour after this one and got nothing but helpful info here. Some people just aren't cut out for simple technology.
    10-01-10 02:13 PM

This information is for the rest of us. The whole BB world. The OP is not the only one to benifeit from this knowledge. Calling them names only reenforces their claims about us. The ops thread was dealt with let it go. There's a lot for me to learn from this one so let's get started.

10-01-10 02:17 PM
    This information is for the rest of us. The whole BB world. The OP is not the only one to benifeit from this knowledge. Calling them names only reenforces their claims about us. The ops thread was dealt with let it go. There's a lot for me to learn from this one so let's get started.

if u read the link i attached a mod actually tried assisting the individual...now if u r having the exact same issue as this other individual i would follow the mods info...seems like its an IT security issue where ur own company is blocking it...as for helping trust me read my threads whenever possible if i know an answer or kno where to find it i try to help...
    10-01-10 04:07 PM
    if u read the link i attached a mod actually tried assisting the individual...now if u r having the exact same issue as this other individual i would follow the mods info...seems like its an IT security issue where ur own company is blocking it...as for helping trust me read my threads whenever possible if i know an answer or kno where to find it i try to help...
    So what are you saying? Is this thread limited to the op and mod? I think not. No if you had read what I've said you would know that I can't cause the same issue. I might have read some of your post and threads I don't know. You might be the smartest here, again I don't know. I read the threads pay very little attention to handles and move on. I'm speaking out against the surpression of this converstion just because of how you feel about him. If this issue has fixed it would be nice if they would come and tell it.

10-01-10 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD