Hi,

I've had my Torch for about a week now and I'm really enjoying it, but since it's so new Rogers don't have any of the leather pouches in stock. I've got a 50% off any accessory coupon from them when I grabbed the phone, so I'll happily wait.

The problem is the phone has a tendency of turning off data services when it's in my pocket. It's driving me nuts. I've taken my phone out of my pocket several times to see that I'm not getting anything and discovered that my data is shut off. Sometimes it says the screen is locked. Other times it says it isn't. Pressing the 'lock' button on the top upper left of the phone doesn't seem to do anything.

I've scrolled through the menus and can't find anything alluding to how to auto-lock the screen (say like on an iPhone) without having to set a password or purchasing an app. Surely this can be done? It seems silly not to have this feature enabled.

PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by loopdokter; 10-15-10 at 09:56 PM.
    10-15-10 09:49 PM
    you look the screen by pressing the top left button
    thats how mine is
    10-15-10 09:55 PM
    Just use the free version of patternlock lite...
    10-15-10 09:55 PM
    I'm using BEIKS Keyboard locker (trial version). It allows you to set another button for your unlock (I use my BB menu button). It will also "lock itself" (at least in trial version) so even if I put it in my pocket or holster it will time out and lock itself..then alls I gotta do is hit my BB button to unlock. No more pocket dialing for me!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 11:16 PM
    You can use the free app called "Storm Slider" which you can find in App World. Or set a password and once you press the lock button you will have to enter the password to unlock the phone.
    10-16-10 12:09 AM
    Just use the free version of patternlock lite...
    +1 I like it very much :

I can use the lock button to put patternlock on
    It can add security since only you know the pattern to use to unlock the phone.
    10-16-10 05:09 PM
    try this-- set a password lock. then assign password lock function to the convenience key. works great. the prob with the top left key is that it "sleeps" the phone but it's too easy to re-hit it in your pocket and have the phone do all kinda stuff without your knowledge. the original oem cases are coming this week. my supplier sent me one last week. you're gonna love it.

10-16-10 06:43 PM
    try this-- set a password lock. then assign password lock function to the convenience key. works great. the prob with the top left key is that it "sleeps" the phone but it's too easy to re-hit it in your pocket and have the phone do all kinda stuff without your knowledge. the original oem cases are coming this week. my supplier sent me one last week. you're gonna love it.

are u talking about cases from RIM or BB itself? are they shell cases or silicone cases?
    10-16-10 07:10 PM

OP said he didn't want to have to set a password, but I agree with your suggestion for OEM holsters/pockets if that's what OP wants.

I recommend PatternLock. It serves me well or alternatively you can try something like Stormslider which makes unlocking like it is on iPhones.
    10-16-10 09:45 PM
    are u talking about cases from RIM or BB itself? are they shell cases or silicone cases?
    They're kinda like the little pouch envelope style cases that used to come with the old 8320s and I think recently with the 8900s. Its good old oem rim leather but its really thin and almost shell-like. They add absolutely no thickness to the phone. Let me get on my pc, I'll post you a pic or two

10-16-10 09:52 PM
    hope they're visible
    10-16-10 10:06 PM
    sorry for the late reply...but thanks for the pic!!
    10-19-10 02:36 PM
    I have a similar problem the Torch gets unlocked way too easily. And I tried putting a password and it doesnt work! i set the password lock it then unlock it and it doesnt ask me for a password! anyone?

10-19-10 06:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD