Hi All,

Can anyone tell me how I can get Hebrew as one of the languages on my Torch? I thought that the virtual keyboard could switch to different languages as well, but I only have English (US), English (UK), and Spanish.

Any ideas?

Shoshi
    10-29-10 02:01 PM
    Here you go Shoshi.... Hebrew for BlackBerry
    ShoshiOne likes this.
    01-11-11 05:49 PM
    Thank you so much!
    תודה

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:32 PM
    I don't know if it affects the virtual keypad, but BB's have 2 Hebrew versions. There's a US Hebrew and an Israel Hebrew.

If you delve into the guts of your OS, the All Language versions have many files with the extensions _he_il and _he_us.
    I can't remember if it comes on the Multilanguage versions.
    01-11-11 09:02 PM
    I've tried to get to the multilanguage versions, but I can't find a good one for a Mac that has hebrew. I'll try looking again. I'd like to get a few other languages on too, but hebrew was the most important.

Do you know the best way to look into the os and see what's there? The Mac Desktop manager isn't very good. That's one thing I miss about my pc laptop!

01-11-11 09:57 PM
    I've tried to get to the multilanguage versions, but I can't find a good one for a Mac that has hebrew. I'll try looking again. I'd like to get a few other languages on too, but hebrew was the most important.

Do you know the best way to look into the os and see what's there? The Mac Desktop manager isn't very good. That's one thing I miss about my pc laptop!

Hebrew for the Blackberry
    ShoshiOne likes this.
    01-11-11 11:57 PM
    Sorry, I've never seen what the setup looks like on a Mac.
    If the files are organized the same way, here's where to find the info in your BB OS on a PC:
    Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research in Motion/Shared/Loader Files/<your OS version # here>/Java

Hopefully I got that right; I don have my PC handy right now… I'll edit if I messed up the order.

In the Java folder, if you scroll around you'll see numerous files have around 20 duplicates, but each with a different language extension.
    Check if _he is amongst them.
    01-12-11 12:51 AM
    Thanks Shodan. I was hesitant after I first put the program on because I seemed to have a lot of memory leakage afterwards. I tried another battery pull and kept it out for several minutes longer. Now it seems to be working well!

Thank you all!

@ elite - I'm still going to look into the other language files though. There are a few more I'd like to add on still. If I can do that through the os I already have, that would be great. I'll explore more this afternoon when I have time.
    01-12-11 09:39 AM
    I tried to download and install this, but it kept asking me to approve rmeoving files, and in the end the installation failed.

Now I'm worried I'm missing a bunch of files.

Any ideas?
    01-18-11 06:36 PM
    Did you try to download it to your computer then upload to your Torch?

I used the ota link and downloaded directly to my phone and it worked well for me. I would try it from your phone and see if it'd work that way.
    01-18-11 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD