the torch clearly can detect when a connection is made to the audio jack - e.g., removing a headphone pauses the media player, and plugging one in pops up a headphone icon and changes the audio level.

but I cannot figure out a way to create a profile (with custom alerts, vibration settings, etc) that takes advantage of this info. anyone know how to trigger a profile upon plugging the headset in.
    08-19-10 02:42 PM
    That one will have to go in the OS 7.0 Suggestion Box.
    08-19-10 02:45 PM
    Yeah, maybe a 3rd party app can be written....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-10 03:55 PM
    That one will have to go in the OS 7.0 Suggestion Box.
    Was this feature available in a previous OS, and simply removed? Or has it never existed on the BlackBerry?

If the latter, then it is just another in a series of software issues that is making me think I was mistaken in assuming the Torch would be an upgrade from my old WinDoze phone.
    08-19-10 04:38 PM
    Was this feature available in a previous OS, and simply removed? Or has it never existed on the BlackBerry?

If the latter, then it is just another in a series of software issues that is making me think I was mistaken in assuming the Torch would be an upgrade from my old WinDoze phone.
    It's never been available. Carrying music around on a BlackBerry was a novel concept just 3 years ago or so.
    08-19-10 05:23 PM
    the torch clearly can detect when a connection is made to the audio jack - e.g., removing a headphone pauses the media player, and plugging one in pops up a headphone icon and changes the audio level.

but I cannot figure out a way to create a profile (with custom alerts, vibration settings, etc) that takes advantage of this info. anyone know how to trigger a profile upon plugging the headset in.
    This feature was NOT implemented in the official AT&T .246 Torch software update. Can anyone using a higher leaked version tell me whether or not is is implemented in their version?
    Last edited by somainer; 10-05-10 at 01:48 PM.
    10-05-10 01:46 PM
    ... Can anyone using a higher leaked version tell me whether or not is is implemented in their version?
    I don't think this feature will be implemented any time soon.
    10-05-10 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD