Hi guys.
    I'm puzzled with this and am wondering if anyone can shed a light on how a full battery got drained overnight with the device off.
    My Torch was fully charged before going to sleep yesterday (and even if it wasn't, its set to auto-off at 11:00pm). This morning at 7:00am, it was unresponsive: the batterry had no charge whatsoever.
    I've been using the device without any problems before this for a few months.
    Any input on this?
    Thanks!
    12-02-10 11:24 PM
    sounds like some kind of freak accident. I would just plug it in again and see if it happens, if it does take it to AT&T it's probably a faulty battery.
    12-02-10 11:28 PM
    The Torch has the worst battery on any BB. nuff said
    12-03-10 12:17 AM
    @OP weird problem..try battery pulling? I had this happen once to me, batt pull fixed it.

@ML enough with your crap Ibrahim Allaf, that is definitely not true.
    Buddy, I had a 9800, it's not like I am making this up. my 9800 had to be charged twice a day.

And BTW buddy, a battery pull will not magically make your battery of a higher capacity.

The Torch has a bigger screen, yet has a lower capacity battery compared to the BOLDs. (1150 mAH only ocmpared toe the BOLD's 1450 mAH )
    12-03-10 02:04 AM
    The Torch has a bigger screen, yet has a lower capacity battery compared to the BOLDs. (1150 mAH only ocmpared toe the BOLD's 1450 mAH )
    It's actually 1300 mAHr for the Torch.
    12-03-10 02:31 AM
    Buddy, I had a 9800, it's not like I am making this up. my 9800 had to be charged twice a day.

And BTW buddy, a battery pull will not magically make your battery of a higher capacity.

I'm getting 2 full days from my 9800 battery as opposed to a day and a half from my Bold 9000.

If you had an issue with yours then too bad, but realise that you are in the minority here.
    12-03-10 03:03 AM
    I am actually amazed by how good the battery life is on my Torch. Day and a half with moderate use, about 13-14 hours with really heavy use.
    12-03-10 03:06 AM
    My 9800 battery has no issues. Can easily go 2 days before having to charge it. I'm sorry to hear about your issue, asdf12321. It could be a faulty battery or just a freak accident. I would charge it and let that be the end of it. If it happens again, I'd exchange for a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 05:30 AM
    And btw, why is there SO much hostility on CB? Some of you just seem downright mean. If you have a difference of opinion that's fine, but quit tearing at each other, geesh!

12-03-10 05:33 AM

12-03-10 05:58 AM
    Somebody has to stop this guy ML, he's spreading BS all over. My torch gives me more than a full day charge in rational condition. If I'd spend the whole day playing music, using bluetooth and install crappy 3rtd party software OBVIOUSLY batt wil drain fast. RIM guys aren't a bunch of newbies that won't estimate rational batt use for a new model. In myu experience ALL batt problems come from poor developed 3rd party software, location programs broadcastind 24/7 rea time and in general very heavy (irational) use of device capabilities

12-03-10 06:04 AM
    I am actually amazed by how good the battery life is on my Torch. Day and a half with moderate use, about 13-14 hours with really heavy use.
    I'd say this is about exactly how my torch battery is. It sucks that a lot of people do have problems with their torchs though.. I absolutely love mine and have never had a problem with it.
    12-03-10 06:23 AM
    I honestly don't get these people that want to see 2 or 3 day's life out of a battery, how hard is it to plug in when you sleep?

As far as the OP's problem, surly not normal and if it happens again then I would either look to any new app you installed or perhaps it could even be a faulty battery.
    12-03-10 06:55 AM
    Sucks for you. Everyone I know with a 9800 get's a day and a half, almost 2 full days out of it. They get better life on their 9800 than I do with my 9700. Oh, and as pointed out by another user, you got your facts wrong on the battery... AGAIN!

@asdf12321 - check that you didn't have an "Alarm" of some kind set. Say, an all day appointment reminder that would have fired off at midnight. Those can turn the phone back on when using auto on/off since the phone is not really OFF, it's in standby. (So, it's still drawing battery, still running in a very minimal state.)
    12-03-10 07:23 AM
    Hi guys.
    I'm puzzled with this and am wondering if anyone can shed a light on how a full battery got drained overnight with the device off.
    My Torch was fully charged before going to sleep yesterday (and even if it wasn't, its set to auto-off at 11:00pm). This morning at 7:00am, it was unresponsive: the batterry had no charge whatsoever.
    I've been using the device without any problems before this for a few months.
    Any input on this?
    Thanks!
    You may have a faulty battery. Your carrier should replace it for free. I have never had a Blackberry(exception is the 8700 and the 8300/8310) that gave me two days battery life. That is the exception and not the norm, IMO

While reviewing the threads you will see many debates over battery charging vs. battery life. Blah, blah.....and it will continue. I stop debating it years ago and bought an extra car charger and moved on. Like the advice from ML, take with a big grain of salt.....or in his case......just ignore him.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-03-10 at 08:41 AM.
    WolfmanRobby likes this.
    12-03-10 07:54 AM
    Consumer electronics are a crap shoot. Think about how many Torches and batteries were and are produced. You can't expect every...single...one...to be flawless. There are going to be bad devices and batteries. When you buy a consumer electronic of any type you are playing the numbers game.

Blacklatino likes this.
    12-03-10 08:12 AM
    Hi guys.
    I'm sorry this thread turned the way it did. It was certainly not my intention.
    For the record I'm perfectly happy with my torch and, until yesterday, its battery life.
    Thank you for your responses. I have charged the battery and will use the device as I always do and see if it happens again.

12-03-10 09:52 AM
    Personal advice... take it at that.

Instead of using the auto on/auto off, buy an extra charger, or better yet, a charging pod and use bedside mode.

This will "Silence" the alerts, and make sure it's fully charged and ready to go everyday. Lithium batteries do not develop the MEMORY from partial charges like the old Nickle batteries do.
    12-03-10 10:15 AM
    Mine usually lasts 1 day 1/2 before it is finally dead and needs a charge. I am on it hourly, and I am blessed my battery has not gone dead very quickly. Compared to my BOLD 9000 in which it only held 1 days worth of life before needing a charge.
    12-03-10 10:39 AM
    like most members have said..
    the Torch battery lasts a pretty good 2 days before it needs another charge..
    i've been happy with mine since Aug 12.
    12-03-10 10:50 AM
    Hi guys.
    I'm sorry this thread turned the way it did. It was certainly not my intention.
    For the record I'm perfectly happy with my torch and, until yesterday, its battery life.
    Thank you for your responses. I have charged the battery and will use the device as I always do and see if it happens again.

No need to apologize and nothing I mentioned or anyone else posted was considered as an issue towards you or your subject. I have replaced batteries for my 8310, 9000, and 9700. After that, no issues. As stated opinions come and go and as you go thru the threads, they are reposted just like the continual issues, again, and again. No harm, no foul.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-03-10 at 10:57 AM.
    12-03-10 10:53 AM
    Well it's not only me dude, me and 2 other friends who still own Torch's
    12-03-10 11:09 AM
    Well it's not only me dude, me and 2 other friends who still own Torch's
    Everyone is different and I'm on my Torch 24/7 with numerous 3rd party apps. But, it is definitely not the worse. Others are getting 1.5 - 2.0 days. I charge mine when it gets around 25 to 35 % towards the end of the day. Years later, it's a habit for me now. So, could my battery life be better? Sure. Is it an issue, nope.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 12-03-10 at 04:04 PM.
    12-03-10 11:31 AM
    Folks does anyone know the number of units out in the open market?
    Probably not......but the few that have battery issues seem to scream the loudest...w or w/o 3G I get about two days. I do not use social networking and spend my days working not doing all the social things I read about here.

Like any product the consumer buys, there will always be a percentage of low preforming products of identical models, it's life. Quality Assurance and Quality control has a large role to play here but it is not the root cause.

There is no nirvana so quit looking for it........ if you came here asking for ideas or help that's great but you immature pre-teens pi$$ing and moaning are a sad pathetic lot that may have never matured....... then you get into personal attacks....... grow up......got issues ask for help don't like the product get rid of it and go after your ideal perfect phone with no issues.....can't afford to do that well.....life is tough so suck it up..... and move on .....
    homer1475 likes this.
    12-03-10 12:21 PM
    Everyone is different and I'm on my Torch 24/7 with numerous 3rd party apps. But, it is definitely not the worse. Others are getting 1.5 - 2.0 days. I'm on call 365/ and 24/7 and I charge mine when it gets around 25 to 35 % towards the end of the day. Years later, it's a habit for me now. So, could my battery life be better? Sure. Is it an issue, nope.

Glad it works fine for you bro
    12-03-10 12:41 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD