Folks does anyone know the number of units out in the open market?
    Probably not......but the few that have battery issues seem to scream the loudest......
    I agree. If there is a problem, it's voiced more.
    That seems to be how it goes because if people need help (whether it's because something IS wrong or they don't know how to do something) they ask. This site is great for getting advice and opinions. It doesn't necessarily mean there is a rampant problem with a device/part. It's just an open place where people are welcomed to ask ... and vent if need be.
    12-03-10 02:16 PM
    @OP - If a battery pull doesn't work, you could always try a few days of charging the battery to full and then letting it be used up completely, then charging and draining again. On another thread, someone said that helped them to extend their battery use.

I hope you get it worked out. I was lucky enough to have a wonderful battery. Love it!
    12-03-10 02:21 PM
    2 days easy charge for me. Battery life is a non issue - sounds like a duff one imo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-10 03:01 PM
    i got my torch the other day...works fine for me...tho i have an issue charging it...it doesnt like to charge lol
    12-03-10 03:31 PM
    The Torch has the worst battery on any BB. nuff said
    My battery works great, better than my 9000.

12-03-10 03:44 PM
    The Torch has the worst battery on any BB. nuff said
    who is this "nuff" and why did he/she say it?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    12-03-10 07:40 PM
    He seems to have been locked up iin a cave for a decade to not know the internet slang hahahaha

12-04-10 02:33 AM
    He seems to have been locked up iin a cave for a decade to not know the internet slang hahahaha

You cant seem to read that he is actually a she. DITTO, stupidity for stupidity.
    12-04-10 02:41 AM
    So, back to the original issue, do you happen to have the paid, upgraded version of Documents to Go on your phone? Sometimes after a restart the Documents to Go Files folder will stay open (not word to go or any of the others but the Files folder, the one you can sync up with your desktop) and that will drain your battery in a matter of hours! Every time you do a restart you'll have to go in and manually close that program which I find is a small price to pay for how useful it is. I hope this helped someone out there.

12-04-10 08:55 AM
    So, back to the original issue, do you happen to have the paid, upgraded version of Documents to Go on your phone? Sometimes after a restart the Documents to Go Files folder will stay open (not word to go or any of the others but the Files folder, the one you can sync up with your desktop) and that will drain your battery in a matter of hours! Every time you do a restart you'll have to go in and manually close that program which I find is a small price to pay for how useful it is. I hope this helped someone out there.

I have the paid version on my old 9000 and now the 9800, I always leave it open and have never had an issue with it draining the battery.
    12-04-10 11:05 AM
    I'm getting 2 full days from my 9800 battery as opposed to a day and a half from my Bold 9000.

If you had an issue with yours then too bad, but realise that you are in the minority here.
    Same. My battery is amazing

12-04-10 11:41 AM
    My torch easily gives me a day and a half of Batt life. And I have a heavy talktime , never use landlines. Also huge data user with browsing and online chess.
    True the Bold 9700 has far better life, almost everyone reports 2 days of battery, but that doesn't mean that the torch with a day and half "BAD" battery life.
    Either way whether one has a 9700 or Torch, it'll still be plugged in at night, unless you have some moronic point to prove, or you mostly sleep on the streets and scam electricity off your neighbors.
    12-04-10 11:00 PM
    Either way whether one has a 9700 or Torch, it'll still be plugged in at night, unless you have some moronic point to prove, or you mostly sleep on the streets and scam electricity off your neighbors.
    Sometimes it's good to know that it can go over a day for me. There are times when I haven't had a break all day and am tired. I may forget that my Torch is in my purse or on the table those nights and not have time to charge in the morning when I realize it.
    So, for me at least, it's plain mindlessness when exhausted!
    A good battery can get me through those 2nd days when that happens.
    12-05-10 06:18 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD