I know this question has been answer, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Can anyone show which thread or tell me how to: Erase unnecessary apps like facebook, yellowpages, myspace,fandango, espn? Att app store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 06:58 PM
    Those are all pushed by your carrier ATT.

If you have not physically clicked the launchers the programs are not installed.

you will have to hide the items, because if you delete them from your service books, they will be repushed at the next available chance.

Highlight the icon, hit the BB button and select hide.

They are just launcher icons for if you want to install them, they take up little to no space.
    Technerd.McLeod likes this.
    12-09-10 07:01 PM
    That depends. If under options > device > app management, they are listed then they are installed. Removed them one by one from app management and reboot when prompted. If it is not listed in app management, the app is not installed. What you are seeing are install shortcuts pushed by the carrier as noted above. Just hide them as noted above.

Last edited by shansmi; 12-09-10 at 08:36 PM.
    12-09-10 08:34 PM
    That depends. If under options > device > app management, they are listed then they are installed. Removed them one by one from app management and reboot when prompted. If it is not listed in app management, the app is not installed. What you are seeing are install shortcuts pushed by the carrier as noted above. Just hide them as noted above.

thanks a bunch
    12-10-10 01:44 AM
    I remember there was a forum on how to free up some memory. Does anyone remember where it is?

12-10-10 07:19 PM
    I remember there was a forum on how to free up some memory. Does anyone remember where it is?

Free up memory on the torch!?
    How many apps do u have?

12-10-10 09:31 PM

Delete stuff you don't use, by using the BB desktop manager. You got 500 MB on the Torch for Apps. BBs aren't really made to be "apped out", so choose wisely. 500 mb may not be sufficient if you are trying to treat it like a "that other" phone that shall not be named on a BB fanboy base forum. If you ask me, I still haven't found enough worthy applicatons to fill up 50 Mbytes, let alone 500.
    Last edited by Shodan775; 12-10-10 at 10:07 PM.
    12-10-10 10:05 PM
    No need to worry on a Torch but what you can do as suggested above is remove all the stuff you do not use like all the I'm clients (Y!, Live and Google Talk etc) as well as any languages you do not use. This can be done under options > device > app management. Languages can be done via DM.

12-10-10 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD