I waited all day at work to get off at 2, go get my torch from my nearest bell (an hour away) and got it activated, except for the activated part :S I can make calls, but apaprently the sudden influx of hspa+ activations has caused Bell to have a breakdown, dont believe me? call their tech support and listen to the message. but my torch cant use data, or text, or caller ID, just plain all phone calls, like a rotary phone :S. DAMNITT!!!!! I wanna use my bb baby!
    09-30-10 11:00 PM
    Same thing for me, they told me all pending transactions should be cleared up and completed within 24hrs. So, if by 5pm tomorrow my torch isn't operating... I'm going to be VERY unhappy!
    09-30-10 11:02 PM
    Lol I feel for you, I bought my 9700 on launch day and the launch of their hspa+ network,

Deep breathe, spend some quality time with loved ones before you forever ignore them once data is working!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 11:03 PM
    That's a shame. Make sure you demand a rebate for the time lost... even if it is only 24 hours
    09-30-10 11:07 PM
    even just data not working would be ok, but no caller ID, or TEXT?! i have 0 communication, glad i still have a lap top
    09-30-10 11:08 PM
    that suckssssssssssss. Its ok though with just a little bit of patience ull be enjoying ur phone in no time
    09-30-10 11:08 PM
    what is bell's slogan again?? something about Canada's best network.. hahah BS

look on the bright side i have to wait for my 9800 to be mailed out to me

patiently waiting..............
    09-30-10 11:10 PM
    its true, i did get one on launch day however, i wish my old bb would work in the meantime. considering this is my first hspa+ phone, im not over impressed thus far, haha, except i get surprisingly good signal bars in my basement
    09-30-10 11:12 PM
    I still have my tour, since I didn't get a new activation and nor was I eligible for an upgrade. Bell came through with letting me add the torch to my current bell plan and lowering my tour's monthly costs to $20/month until it runs out.

So I can still use the tour until my torch comes through w/ SIM verification and the cell # switch.

Basically, props to bell for helping me out but BOO for their system basically lagging like a b****.
    09-30-10 11:14 PM
    yeah, i upgraded, but what i usually do is what you did
    09-30-10 11:19 PM
    I've been getting wicked-high scores on BrickBreaker in the meantime :\
    10-01-10 05:39 AM
    I just got the Torch and it's good for me.
    but your situation happened to me as well when I got the 9300. I went through 2 tech support calls and customer service.

When I called tech support the first time, he wasn't much help. make sure whoever you're talking to at tech support doesn't sound like a drone. if they do, hang up and call again. The second guy was nice enough to get me to customer service right away and they sent an email stating my phone wasn't working due to number swaps. CS then told me it might take 2-24 hours. Luckily for me it took 2 hours for my phone to work
    10-01-10 06:17 AM
    I activated mine at 1230 yesterday - no issues...
    10-01-10 07:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD