Torch running .337 with Hotmail & Yahoo accounts.

Hotmail synchronization with my BB was never that good - never as good as Yahoo or Gmail anyways. But! I remember the good ol' days:

1) When I get an email on my Hotmail account, it used to be almost instant to show up on my BB. Now it takes 10-15 minutes.
    2) When I open emails on my BB for the Hotmail account, it would mark them as opened in my Inbox. Now whenever I open any emails from my BB, it stays flagged as new in my Inbox.

Does anybody know what's up with that? I've logged into my BIS account setup and I've already setup so that synchronization is on.

Is there anyone else having this issue? or has an idea on how to fix?

Thanks.
    01-18-11 07:08 AM
    Torch running .337 with Hotmail & Yahoo accounts.

Hotmail synchronization with my BB was never that good - never as good as Yahoo or Gmail anyways. But! I remember the good ol' days:

1) When I get an email on my Hotmail account, it used to be almost instant to show up on my BB. Now it takes 10-15 minutes.
    2) When I open emails on my BB for the Hotmail account, it would mark them as opened in my Inbox. Now whenever I open any emails from my BB, it stays flagged as new in my Inbox.

Does anybody know what's up with that? I've logged into my BIS account setup and I've already setup so that synchronization is on.

Is there anyone else having this issue? or has an idea on how to fix?

Thanks.
    I'm curious to know too if there's a fix. I've actually just stopped using Hotmail on my BlackBerry because of it's synchronization issues.
    01-18-11 10:38 AM
    I'd love to keep using my Hotmail account - I'm not a big fan of gmail, but crappy synchronization like this is making it hard to stick with Hotmail.
    01-18-11 08:53 PM
    Nope its not blackberry its actually microsoft changed their mail protocols and when u switch devices ur email protocol changes to the new one so kinda out of luck till microsoft updates their protocols. There are actual quite a few posts here on crackberry regarding it just do a forum search ultimately its a no as of now, I myself just started using my gmail as my primary instead.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 01:22 AM
    @erandhawa

Thanks dude - I did a search but didn't find anything - maybe CrackBerry should have Google run their search engine? =)

Either way, I know this is a bit of a conspiracy theory - but do you think Microsoft purposely changed their mail protocols (to be crappier) so that people would switch from BlackBerry to W7P?

Makes sense eh? =)
    01-19-11 08:26 PM
    It would make sense since it happen to me back in august (that's when I started researching) and that's when announcements were being made for the windows phone. I know it hotmail has the same issue on iphones as well wifes email has thousands unread online but all read on the phone. I do recall something on rims site as well stating it was a ms issue, I'll try to find the links when I get a chance and post it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD