Loving my Torch which is running on BES. I'm wanting to separate out my work email and personal emails and have switched to Hotmail to achieve this using the Outlook Connector which provides perfect sync between Outlook and Hotmail where I run multiple folders for my personal stuff.

My issue is regariding sync of Hotmail with my BB. Two specific areas:
    1. Inbox. Delete on BB deletes on Outlook/Hotmail but deleting on Outlook/Hotmail does not delete on BB. Not a big deal but it would be nice to rectify this.
    2. Folders. Folders created in Outlook/Hotmail do not appear on BB nor can I file things in them. This is a great frustration and I would love to find a way to rectify this.

I have spent a heap of time trying to find a way around/through these two issues but have gotten nowhere. Any ideas on a fix or does anyone know if RIM is planning something to rectify this in the future?
    12-19-10 09:27 PM
    the sync takes time in that direction and the folders are not created like that. That is not specific to Hotmail either as they all work that way even BES.
    12-20-10 12:11 PM
    Thanks for that shansmi but what you are saying is not correct in my experience. In BES, all folders sync and a deletion in Outlook deletes on my BB. This is not the case as in Hotmail where neither of these two things happen no matter how long I wait.
    12-20-10 07:10 PM
    Hii and welcome to my boat i have wirtten several threads and post regarding your points and only got useless anwsers.

I also want to give the blackberry using clients the possibility to set up a free of charge mailbox with outlook integration and pus mail to blackberry.

You may want to review my other post, but in basic i have two possible solutions:
    1. Using Gmail will provide you with a perfect two-way sync of emails, calender and contacts from the mailbox to you bb. But there is no outlook integration free out there.
    2. Using Hotmail will give you the chance for a perfect sync of mailbox and desktop client via Outlook but the bb integration seams to be worse.

So you need to see what is better for you ( i guess i will use hotmail).

To the hotmail features:
    I am not sure if you found, but there is a document on the rims server what tells you the sync features of the three big mail services (hotmail, gmail and yahoo) as well as the features of pop/imap.
    Its a knowledge base article: KB5xxx or so ( i can post if i am back on a desktop computer).

It clearly tells you that the the sync of deleting and read/unread status of mails from the mailbox to the bb is NOT supported.

However there are post from people telling that it is possbile.

Also the RIM documentation tells me that the sync of contacts and calender over the air is not possible.

Also here some say that at leat the contact sync this is possbile.

Regarding the sync of folder i cannot say anything and i dont think this required on my setting.

So we can only wait for the next BIS version and hope that there will be a better integration of hotmail.
    I hope it comes with BIS 3.3

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    twoturnspin likes this.
    12-21-10 04:54 AM
    @twoturnspin:
    This was the KB article I was refering to:
    KB05133-Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service
    12-22-10 01:33 PM
    Thanks for your comprehensive post johnripper, much appreciated. I had been searching on "sync", I note that I should have used "reconciliation" to get better results.
    Not the answer I was looking for but at least I know. My issue is that I want to integrate my personal mail, Hotmail, with Outlook as it is convenient for me but also have the BB reconcile as well. If I switch to Gmail I don't get the excellent integration with Outlook which I really like. Aah well, you can't have it all I guess.
    Bizarre that RIM have got it sorted for Gmail but not for Hotmail. Fingers crossed this is on their to-do list shortly.
    Thanks again for your response.
    Simon
    12-22-10 01:58 PM
    My issue is that I want to integrate my personal mail, Hotmail, with Outlook as it is convenient for me but also have the BB reconcile as well. If I switch to Gmail I don't get the excellent integration with Outlook which I really like. Aah well, you can't have it all I guess.
    Well thats exact the same problem I am struggeling with. I must make a poposal for a side by side solution of exchange and BIS and I am absolutly not sure which I should suggest.

I also didnt some extensive search about what might come up with BIS 3.3 or later, but mutch information out there.

But you might tell me if the sync of contacts is possible with hotmail? Some say yes....
    12-22-10 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD