OK, this has always annoyed me, and I figured by this time it would have been talked about...but apparently I'm the only one?

At the AT&T store, the poster on the wall shows a Torch with 16 icons...4 rows and 4 columns... Additionallly, I've seen it in static ads on the internet (here's an example: Amazon Offering BlackBerry Torch For $99 : dBTechno ). Then today I saw it on a TV ad. It does appear that the icons are slightly smaller than on my device, relative to the size of the phone.

Can ANYONE tell me why I keep seeing these images but cannot get my phone to do this? The closest I can get is 3 complete rows and part of a 4th row and definitely no icon title fits.

Thanks for any suggestions!
    10-21-10 02:45 PM
    i assume that those images are all simulated and not actual shots of the phone OS since it clearly cannot do this.
    10-21-10 03:05 PM
    i assume that those images are all simulated and not actual shots of the phone OS since it clearly cannot do this.
    It certainly can do this. I've had four rows of four icons with text descriptions on my Torch since day one. It has always been this way so I'm not sure how to make this happen. I'll play around with it and see if I can figure it out. Also, if I can figure out how to work Capture It I'll post a screen shot.
    Last edited by dcscott; 10-21-10 at 03:17 PM.
    10-21-10 03:13 PM
    The only thing I can think of that might effect the appearance is the theme you've chosen and/or the font size. I'm running the stock theme that came on my BB "Blackberry 6 for AT&T". The font is BBAlpha San and the font size is 8. I'd post a screen shot but can't seem to get Capture It to work properly on my Torch. All I get are blank jpg's.
    10-21-10 03:35 PM
    Dale,

Thanks for the response. I'm running the same stock theme with the same font size options as you. I even tried changing my font size in the options and it affects on-screen fonts with the exception to home screen icons...they remain the same no matter what font size I pick. If you can get the screen shot to work, that would be wonderful...until then, I can't see it being possible...not that I'm calling you a liar.
    10-21-10 03:42 PM
    In response to the OP I can get 3 complete and 1 further partial row

I'd post a screen shot but can't seem to get Capture It to work properly on my Torch. All I get are blank jpg's.
    Also, if I can figure out how to work Capture It I'll post a screen shot.
    That will probably be a permission issue. I had to re-edit my permissions but Capture It is now working on my Torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 04:02 PM
    Attachment 74963

Kerry I don't know what to tell you. I've always had 4 rows of 4. I'm baffled.
    10-21-10 06:04 PM
    Mine is the same as dcscott. 3 complete rows and a 4th row with just the icons, no text.
    10-21-10 06:07 PM
    I get (and have always had) 4 x 4 rows as well. Are you on the latest .246 OS? That could be the only thing i can think of..unless you're drunk and you're visions all blurry
    10-21-10 06:09 PM
    I figured it out. Options => Accessiblity => HomeScreenGridLayout. Mine is set to "Default" but I assume "4" will work just as well. If I set mine to "3" then I see what you see.
    Baggman likes this.
    10-21-10 06:13 PM
    Mine is set to 4 columns however I still can only get 3.5 rows.
    Running .246
    10-21-10 06:45 PM
    i have had no problems with my torch since the day i got it.i have upgraded to the .246 when the leak came out. i have had 4 rows since day 1 it must be your phone
    10-21-10 06:51 PM
    Attachment 74963

Kerry I don't know what to tell you. I've always had 4 rows of 4. I'm baffled.
    as you can see, it certainly does NOT show the fourth row of text as in the picture the OP listed above.
    10-21-10 09:49 PM
    mine doesnt show the 4th row text, but im sure its because of the search/notifiactions bar added
    10-21-10 09:59 PM
    Alright, so several more of you are saying that you're seeing 4 complete rows of icons on the home screen (this includes all text). I wanna see some screen shots, guys. I'm not convinced!

10-22-10 07:42 AM
    Anyone come up with a solution or can shed some light on this? 4 rows will be more efficient for me.

Running .337
    11-15-10 10:30 PM
    Alright, so several more of you are saying that you're seeing 4 complete rows of icons on the home screen (this includes all text). I wanna see some screen shots, guys. I'm not convinced!

I think they are not paying attention, that's all. Everyone sees 4 rows, but they forget that the bottom row of icons do not show the text underneath.
    11-16-10 12:07 AM
    Exactly, you see four rows of icons basically 4x4 = 16 icons total, but you cannot see the text under the bottom row of icons, you have to scroll up a bit to see it.
    Last edited by ShadowFlame; 11-16-10 at 12:13 AM.
    11-16-10 12:10 AM
    The ads are manipulated because even in Theme Builder the default setup shows the same 4 rows with the bottom one slightly cut off.
    11-16-10 12:02 PM
    here you go... been this way since day one.....

11-16-10 12:12 PM
    Now that is interesting. When I pull my tray up, I still have the original banner, status bar and menu bar (all, favorites, etc..)..

You don't. Are you running the original theme?
    11-16-10 12:24 PM
    Mine shows 4 rows and 4 columns but I cannot see the text below the last row of icons.
    11-16-10 12:26 PM
    Now that is interesting. When I pull my tray up, I still have the original banner, status bar and menu bar (all, favorites, etc..)..

You don't. Are you running the original theme?

Ditto. My phone is as it was when I got it..I have not changed the theme or anything like that.
    11-16-10 12:26 PM
    Here's my screen, original theme, OS .337
    4 rows icons, last row no text.
    11-16-10 12:44 PM
    here you go... been this way since day one.....

Pretty sure that's not the stock theme. No top banner, and no notification bar. On the stock theme I have 4 rows of icons and the last row there is no text unless I scroll down a bit.
    11-16-10 12:47 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD