Just got the new Torch 9800 yesterday at BestBuys. I upgraded from Curve. They transferred my data (address book, calendar, pics) from my old phone. It went well. Everything is in..
    However, I wanted to sort my contacts by last name and prefer to look at my calendar as monthly view when I open it.
    I did the options "sort by last name" and saved it and it didn't
    Same with the calendar (it's still on day view). Am I doing something wrong?
    12-14-10 12:31 PM
    That is odd. I tried with mine and everything changed. I opened contacts, hit the menu key, changed from first name sort to last name, hit the escape key, the pop up window had "save" already highlighted, hit the trackpad (or touched screen) and the contacts display was adjusted. Same with calendar.

Have you tried a reboot? then do your changes?
    Last edited by newcollector; 12-14-10 at 12:43 PM.
    12-14-10 12:41 PM
    SuggeSt battery remove!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 12:41 PM
    Thank you - will try and report back
    12-14-10 12:52 PM
    OK. I am all set.
    I turned it off and on and after that I could sort my contacts by last name. The calendar was still stubborn. I removed the battery for about a minute and it didn't help. I was able to change calendar to week view and save it and then to monthly view and it saved as well.
    It is strange
    It should work right away, shouldn't it? Why the extra steps?
    12-14-10 03:04 PM
    Yes, the changes should be reflected immediately. What version of OS6 are you running? I don't know if that could be the reason or not, just looking for potential differences.
    12-14-10 03:14 PM
    I think it is 6.0 Bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

Does it sound right?
    12-14-10 03:33 PM
    Guess its a bug, I'm running 337, just tried to switch to month from the default(day?) And it wouldn't work, it would save, but if you immediately went back into the options it had reverted back to "Day".

Switching to week, saving, and then switching to month did work

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 03:39 PM
    Yep, sounds right. That's what mine came with from ATT. Can't figure out why you are having the problem. Try changing the calendar back to daily and see if it immediately returns to that view. Remember, you probably have to go out of calendar view and come back into it for the change to take affect.

Then try changing to the monthly and see what happens. When I do that, I have to go out of calendar mode then come back in and it then shows monthly view.
    Last edited by newcollector; 12-14-10 at 03:44 PM.
    12-14-10 03:42 PM
    I went back successfully to daily and then to monthly and it worked! No problems now.
    I guess it needed some persuasion or it is a bug. It seems nah.uhh had the same exactly problem.
    12-14-10 03:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD