hi guys im new here. just bought my torch this week, and from what i noticed it keeps on crashing everytime i'm surfing the internet. usually it crashes once or twice a day but today was different, everytime i open the browser after browsing a few pages it crashes, then automatically reboots.

i don't know what is the problem, is it the phone or the os? please help me.

btw my torch is on os v6.0.0.264
    12-11-10 09:58 AM
    If your problem is repeatable I'd show it to a rep and exchange it.. Sounds like an OS problem... Maybe during a sync from an old backup is causing problems... You can try installing a fresh OS but I'd save my time and just get a new one..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 10:09 AM
    Well, it isn't the OS. Take the phone back to your dealer or call tech service for help. Mine has never done what you are describing.
    12-11-10 10:09 AM
    okay thanks guys, also did any of your torch got stuck on portrait? you can't view it on landscape despite you turning it on landscape position? thanks again for answering.
    12-11-10 10:15 AM
    Did you use desktop manager to do a switch device from another BB? It's possible that some settings from the old device got transferred to the Torch and that they are incompatible with OS6.
    12-11-10 10:44 AM
    Did you use desktop manager to do a switch device from another BB? It's possible that some settings from the old device got transferred to the Torch and that they are incompatible with OS6.
    actually i haven't tried using desktop manager nor syncing my new torch with it.
    12-11-10 11:15 AM
    i think its an OS problem...the browser .cods are not responding well....all you need to do is to "clean instal" a new OS on it....there is a forum on the website on how to install a new OS (leaked or official)...search for it and follow the instructions carefully...if you do it and it doesnt work, go and replace it
    12-12-10 03:09 AM
    Could be either a device issue, or an OS issue. Let's assume it's the OS first. At the top of this forum, there is a sticky with download links and install instructions for 6.0.0.337. Download and install (make sure you back up your device with Desktop Manager first), and try the browser again. If it still crashes, you've probably got a faulty unit and should take it back for a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-10 04:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD