When i'm using various apps on my Torch, I frequently keep getting the Browser open up and I'm taken to these random dating & mp3 download websites... It seems as though my phone has some type of adware or virus....

Anyone have similar problem or know how to fix this?
    08-30-10 01:15 AM
    Congrats your the first person I ever heard of getting a virus or adware pop ups on their phone and my 1500 post. You may have infected your phone while it was connected to your computer. Back up whatever you can and wipe out the phone. Re-install the OS.
    08-30-10 01:25 AM
    What applications did you install?
    revoke browser access for each app one at a time until you find the bad app.
    08-30-10 01:26 AM
    reinstalling the OS was my thought but was hoping there was a less painful way of fixing the problem.... probably not
    08-30-10 01:27 AM
    What applications did you install?
    revoke browser access for each app one at a time until you find the bad app.
    a bunch of various apps. how do you "revoke browser access"?
    08-30-10 01:28 AM
    Congrats your the first person I ever heard of getting a virus or adware pop ups on their phone and my 1500 post. You may have infected your phone while it was connected to your computer. Back up whatever you can and wipe out the phone. Re-install the OS.
    The best advice in this thread and ya night want to inform RIM, they might give ya a reward for receiving a virus/malware that actually does something.

Just back-up all ya data, wipe the BB to 507 error screen and then re-install the OS.

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 02:40 AM
    List your apps. This is most likely not a virus but an application. Once we see what you have installed, the ones "nobody else is running" can be removed and will most likely end your issue. Report that author to CB, RIM and where ever you obtained the application.
    08-30-10 07:55 AM
    As others have said this is most likely a app that's invoking a new browser API.

I would uninstall the non trusted apps, reboot and check to see if it continues.
    08-30-10 09:48 AM
    a bunch of various apps. how do you "revoke browser access"?
    Options app -> Applications -> Edit permissions -> deny all interactions/connections (except those that would interfere with the proper working of the app) -> save
    08-30-10 12:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD