I just got my torch last night and it worked fine. this morning after charging, anytime i try to go to the internet with an icon it doesnt go, just freezes until i hit the red phone hangup button, then it goes back to main screen.

text and voicemail work fine, its just freezes when i try to get internet any which way.

Same thing happens when I try to click on a link in my email, freezes

Can anyone help? This is my first blackberry..

Thanks!!
    11-06-10 08:48 AM
    What carrier are you on? Do you have a data plan? What icon are you clicking on to go to the internet?? Browser? Do any other data related apps work like facebook or twitter?
    11-06-10 08:50 AM
    I also use google tab and ESPN tab, same happens, it just freezes the screen until i hit red phone button to go back.

I dont use twitter or facebook. My carrier is ATT

I dont understand, it worked last night
    11-06-10 09:09 AM
    I know you probably have done this, but have you pulled the battery to refresh it? Also is your Wifi icon on the home screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-06-10 09:32 AM
    I just got my torch last night and it worked fine. this morning after charging, anytime i try to go to the internet with an icon it doesnt go, just freezes until i hit the red phone hangup button, then it goes back to main screen.

text and voicemail work fine, its just freezes when i try to get internet any which way.

Same thing happens when I try to click on a link in my email, freezes

Can anyone help? This is my first blackberry..

Thanks!!

You have to do a back up and then wipe your system then reload it. Have the same problem on a regular basis.
    11-06-10 11:16 PM
    it's actually a crash. I had the same problem with browser on occasion. it's rim's first crack @ a webkit browser, they will probably work it out shortly.

out of curiosity which site crashes your phone?

btw have you upgraded to the most current official os release? I, like you, have the at&t torch and the original at&t release is crap
    11-07-10 01:26 AM
    Resend your service books.
    11-07-10 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD