Hi Guys. Sorry but I'm kinda new to all this so need some help. I currently have a Torch running on 6.0 Bundle 695(v6.0.0.246.Platform 6.4.0.105)
    Can anyone advise as to whether this is the most up to date software and if not give precise details on how to upgrade. Sorry to be a pain but I'm not that good with computer stuff anyhows.
    Thanks
    02-05-11 03:28 AM
    The latest official OS is 6.0.0.337, and the latest leaked OS is 6.0.0.450.

I recommend the latter.

Instructions: Before you proceed with the below steps, plese make sure you run the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then create a full backup of your phone just incase anything goes wrong in the future so you would still be able to restore.

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, browse to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

In that folder, you will find a file called vendor.xml, DELETE that file

While you are in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will be introducted with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, andthe upgrade process shall begin.

Your phone will automaticaly create a backup of your settings / apps first, then it will wipe the old OS then install the new one and restore the backup.

Should anything go wrong at this stage, you will have to wipe your device again and try again, but luckily, we have created a backup file at the beginning of these instructions, so you will still be able to restore all your contacts, emails, settings, etc.

I am not trying to scare you, it is pretty straight forward, however, we have had cases were a few members had something wrong go during the process which rendered them without a backup of their contacts, emails, settings.
    02-05-11 05:47 AM
    Like Matrix Leader says the process is most often straight ahead. Backup is most important before you start. Been there, needed that. I always do this in a Windows environment but some say the latest DM for Mac may work. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Lego Star Wars likes this.
    02-05-11 06:54 AM
    Thanks kindly for your help guys. Shall try to install when next I'm home. Will let you know how I get on. Thanks again.

02-05-11 08:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD